Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shouldn't change if it fits. for my case(Gain City), the sales guy told me the technician will bring new bracket in case my old bracket couldn't fit the new one, in the end, it still fits, so never change.

Hmm.. it was the Gain City sales guy who insisted MUST change new bracket.. quite bad attitude also.. :vijayadmin:

yandao07

Reaction score
hi all, got some issues with installing a new system 3 inverter air-con system which i need some advice on.

The air-con surveyor from Courts said that my it is not possible to install the 3 air-cons as the rooms lack the requisite piping. Only way is to remove some in-build cupboards and run the piping behind.

Previously the rooms in my house (4rm-hdb) was using those kind of air-cons which was mounted vertically on the window kind.

My question is whether:(i) this is a common problem; (ii) anyone has any experience is addressing similar issues (i.e. whether the surveyor's recommendation is really the only way or are there any other measures available); and (iii) what is the price range i should be looking at? I'm paying abt 3k for the system 3 including delivery, installation etc but not sure how much would the total bill be if the work on the pipe commences.

Thank you so much!

Yurikaze

Reaction score
Hi people and the gurus here,

Been following this thread for quite abit of time. Terumo bro, need your advise if u can help.

My in law 5rm flat wishes to install ac after many long years of staying. Looking for a gd installer and mit star mex 4 inverter. Was quoted 3.9k with bracket by an installer. Any good recommendations? Kindly PM if not convenient.

Thanks all and have a good day.

siak123

Reaction score
Panasonic Inverter System 3

Hi Guys and experts,
One of the wall-units is not working at all. The other two units are functioning. Tested and confirmed that all 3 remote controllers are working. Could any of you kindly advise me potential faults and also a very reliable aircon repair company? Thank u so much for your help. :)

Zack_Lew

Reaction score
Looking for Inverter System 2/3

The 8-year old LG Inverter Gold Air-Con that I inherited from the previous owner of my house gave way as the Outdoor Unit is not working. Internal parts within the Outdoor Unit has rusted and apparently the frame itself is also fragile and in danger of collapsing anytime soon according to the technicians.

Anyway, I was looking around at IMM today and had an interesting experience.

Shop A (A** Best)
-Spent sometime in the shop and the salesman is not pushy and recommend me a System 2 to replace my existing System 3 as I told him that my living room unit is hardly ever used.
-Recommended me Panasonic if I've got a baby due to the built-in Ionizer features
-However, earliest installation date is early July and I couldn't wait so long for it as my 4-month old baby is sweating every night and couldn't sleep well

Shop B (G*** City)
-Salesman who served me probably aware that I just came over from his neighbor, so just gave the quotations i need
-Earliest installation date is also early July

Shop C (B*** Tech)
-Sales Lady recommended Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to me, saying that it is consume less energy compared to Mitsubishi Starmex or Panasonic Inverter as its a new model that is recently launched (TRUE as power consumption is indeed lesser)
-She commented that Mitsubishi Starmex is a 6-year old model that is reliable and still doesn't has a replacement model yet as its good
-Also gave me a brief history on the relationship between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and Electric, saying that the older brother is Heavy Industries and Electric is actually a spin-off subsidiary of Heavy Industries (Shown me a graph with the history of the companies)
-She gave negative feedback on Panasonic, saying that it has a lot of new models launched on a yearly basis as there are a lot of issues with the existing models and new models are introduced to solve the problems.
-She even commented that the built-in Ionizer is harmful for babies due to some effect.....
-Earliest installation date is this Sat which is attractive for me. But after some googling to get review about this company, I'm glad that I googled.

The comments from Shop C has however somehow influenced my decision and to choose Mitsubishi Electric Inverter Sys 2 instead of Panasonic.

I contacted C*** Serve and was quoted $2289.80 for ME Inverter Sys2 (2E20 + x2 GE10) with upgrade of insulation to 3/4 inch. (Cost $80 per unit)

Terumo,

Any comments?
Would the 2E20 be good enough to power the x2 GE10?
Can advise if the deal is fair? Its actually the same quote as what they are posting on their webpage.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To zack lew,
2e20 is enough to power 2 x ge10 even if on at the same time,
The price given by cool serve is a reasonable price.
Did u factor in the cost of the stainless steel bracket?

To siak123,
U mean one of your wall units cannot be turned on via remote? Need to manually on?

Zack_Lew

Reaction score
To zack lew,
2e20 is enough to power 2 x ge10 even if on at the same time,
The price given by cool serve is a reasonable price.
Did u factor in the cost of the stainless steel bracket?

To siak123,
U mean one of your wall units cannot be turned on via remote? Need to manually on?

My HDB flat has a latch for air-con, so the bracket is not required. : )

vjomurj

Reaction score
Dear all,

Am undergoing renovation at my 5-room resale flat and I wonder, is it true that my aircon compressor(s) has to be installed inside the service balcony and not outside of my flat? Because if I intend to have 5 split aircons, it will mean that I will have to install 2 compressors at the service balcony!

I was quoted about $6.3k for 5 units (one System 3 and one System 2).

Appreciate comments and help!!!

Snokey

Master Member
Reaction score
i have an interesting question to ask.

i have inverter aircon installed in my house, but during the night (6-8hrs) i set the fan speed to a fixed speed (2/4) instead of Auto, does this negate the electricity saving functionality of an inverter aircon?

terumo

Reaction score
Vjomurj,

Your compressor should be ble to install outside the windows.
Did u check, the neighbors in your blk, did they install 2 compressors?
If yes, how they place it?

yandao07

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

A few questions which i hope you can help. Can i check if there are places where i could get: (1) a vertical window casement air-con; and (2) a horizontal type air-con which sits in a hole in the wall?

The Courts surveyor told me that major works are needed to install those system-3 kind (piping issues) and hence better for me to buy back my original types. I checked with courts but i found out that they don't sell (2) above anymore.. haiz..

Thank you!!

terumo

Reaction score
Yandao07,

Those box type that sits in a hole in the wall, is window aircon.
Can only be installed in the bedroom near the toliet or master room provided you have a window opening already provided by HDB.

Those casement type can be installed onto sliding windows.

Why major works are required for system 3 type? Do u have built in fixtures/fittings?

nerdyfrog

Reaction score
my compressor died, should i replace just the compressor?

My a/c is 7 years old. the 2 units are working fine.

tks.

unity58

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi terumo,

Is this quote reasonable? I got this from kaisoon.

MHI Sys 3 Inverter for 3 bedrooms - $2470
G23 copper pipe
16mm drainage pipe
1/2 inch Class 1 insulation (Insuflex)
1 Trip installation
Unlimited Trunking and Piping
Free Site Survey
5yrs warranty on compressor, 5 yrs workmanship and 1yr spare parts.
Final price included GST, labour, transport and installation.

*Upgrade to Armaflex - add $100
*Upgrade to 3yrs spare parts - add $200

If get ME will be $2670. Is the quote and items reasonable? Should i upgrade to armaflex? I read from online actually insuflex and armaflex is about the same. And the aircon guy told me armaflex is good for absorbtion but not good at bending....is it true?

Anyone have bad or good reviews on kaisoon? Pls advise. Thanks.

tootlim

Reaction score
Hi

I'm interested in getting a system 3 Daikin model 3MKD71ESG. May I know what is the difference between a unit with/without Ampere Limitation?
I'm living in a 5 room HDB flat which is 20 yrs old. Can my flat support 3MKD71ESG without Ampere Limitation or 3MKD71ESG(8.5A)?

yandao07

Reaction score
Yandao07,

Those box type that sits in a hole in the wall, is window aircon.
Can only be installed in the bedroom near the toliet or master room provided you have a window opening already provided by HDB.

Those casement type can be installed onto sliding windows.

Why major works are required for system 3 type? Do u have built in fixtures/fittings?

thanks for your reply. We already have a hole in the wall le, so we cld use the windows aircon, just that we tot to change since 2 air-cons break down at once.

The contractor mentioned that we have to either take down our built-in cabinets (which are pretty substantial) or run the pipes along the walls (i.e. they could not be concealed). is there anyway around this ar? thanks thanks

terumo

Reaction score
to yandao07,
This u need an aircon guy to come and do a site assesment to confirm the details.

to tootlim,

3mks71esg is the r410a multi split unit.
Has your main incoming power supply been upgraded before by HDB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.