Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleeted

Reaction score
juz 2 check if i were 2 trsf from dbs to esaver, the bank code is 7144 and branch code is the 1st 3 digit of the acct no rite? how abt acc no, is it the last 7 no?

haydentan

Reaction score
juz 2 check if i were 2 trsf from dbs to esaver, the bank code is 7144 and branch code is the 1st 3 digit of the acct no rite? how abt acc no, is it the last 7 no?

For the account number, it is the whole array of numbers. Do not omit the first three digits

pleeted

Reaction score
i tried trsf and get this code in my dbs transaction history:RTR Returned Interbank Funds Transfer

i'm nt sure i should have removed it this time round, maybe i will call n check y the 10 digit does nt work 4 me.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried trsf and get this code in my dbs transaction history:RTR Returned Interbank Funds Transfer

i'm nt sure i should have removed it this time round, maybe i will call n check y the 10 digit does nt work 4 me.

Lol why ask on HWZ when you are a customer of SCB? They are obliged to help you with your queries, make use of them :s13:

Anyway first 3 numbers is the branch code. Account number is the entire string of numbers, including the first 3 numbers. Made a successful transfer a few weeks ago after finding this out from SCB through their messaging system.

pleeted

Reaction score
i've checked with SCB. my branch code is 001 which is the main branch which is diff from my first 3 digit and it coincide with another branch code.

i think is bcuz i apply this ac online dats y.

digitalguy

Reaction score
i tried to buy swee hong (0.275) 2 lots, but order was rejected, eventhough i have had enough $ in ac. what is the minimum no of lots we should buy these kind of stocks ?

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score

Kana before but not so jialat like yours. Mine was order keyed in but price was not matched even though i was the highest bidder for price.
Eg. CURRENT buy price: 0.22 and Sell price 0.225
I keyed BUY 0.225 (its a overnight queue) , wth only matched after almost 1.5hrs.

Did the order got cancel eventually? Whats the duration or did it went through?

Please note that order will only auto cancel / expire after later than 530pm on trading day. This is same as most SG brokers i know of.

Conclusion: SCB has its cons. Lagging is one of it.

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kana before but not so jialat like yours. Mine was order keyed in but price was not matched even though i was the highest bidder for price.
Eg. CURRENT buy price: 0.22 and Sell price 0.225
I keyed BUY 0.225 (its a overnight queue) , wth only matched after almost 1.5hrs.

Did the order got cancel eventually? Whats the duration or did it went through?

Please note that order will only auto cancel / expire after later than 530pm on trading day. This is same as most SG brokers i know of.

Conclusion: SCB has its cons. Lagging is one of it.

All also need to queue. Chiu go sub for Market Depth, see how many more before the next price jump. (Not 100%) sometimes csb.

Chiu want to queue for next trading day. Submit at 5.16.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
All also need to queue. Chiu go sub for Market Depth, see how many more before the next price jump. (Not 100%) sometimes csb.

Chiu want to queue for next trading day. Submit at 5.16.

Aya he takes from seller, should have get filled immediately one and not wait for 1.5 hours later one.. But I think is a case of slow reply from scb on the order status lah.. Which could also pose another problem, imagine when u didn't receive any acknowledgement on the order status from scb, then market crash big time, you thought you got no order filled but the order status came late and you become stucked

Last edited:

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
Aya he takes from seller, should have get filled immediately one and not wait for 1.5 hours later one.. But I think is a case of slow reply from scb on the order status lah.. Which could also pose another problem, imagine when u didn't receive any acknowledgement on the order status from scb, then market crash big time, you thought you got no order filled but the order status came late and you become stucked

Yes. SCB is not recommended for intraday and fast in fast out trades.

Even if it doesnt screw up like what happened to me in late filling of order, the platform is seriously lagged compared to other brokers.

U key buy / sell sometimes no response or will delay for several seconds.

I only use it for small orders and not big orders due to its no min commission which is a plus.

imwarren

Reaction score
anyone tried using SCB to buy the 7 ETFs that recently got secondary listing in SGD?

All my orders for the SGD listing got rejected though i have sufficient cash.

imwarren

Reaction score
Protip if you want to transfer your shares between CDP and SCB hassle-free:

1. take queue number for "financial service", not "counter service"
2. have your CDP account number in hand
3. have your SCB securities trading account number in hand (not your securities settlement account!)
4. Know the full name of the share your are transferring
5. Know the SGX stock code of your share
6. Know the Sedol/ISIN code of your share
7. Know the exact number of shares you are transferring (avoid odd lots, they will get stuck with SCB since they don't offer odd lot trading)
8. Bring your NRIC (a photocopy will be taken)
9. Be mentally prepared to spend 30 minutes of your time filling up two very unfriendly forms with the above information.

Notes: SCB will not charge any fee, but CDP may or may not (i will report back whether they do once my transfer succeed). I am told that the transfer process may take up to 2 weeks... :(

But well... their no minimum commission fee won me over. Else i need spend a lot more to dispose of my IPO shares.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Protip if you want to transfer your shares between CDP and SCB hassle-free:

1. take queue number for "financial service", not "counter service"
2. have your CDP account number in hand
3. have your SCB securities trading account number in hand (not your securities settlement account!)
4. Know the full name of the share your are transferring
5. Know the SGX stock code of your share
6. Know the Sedol/ISIN code of your share
7. Know the exact number of shares you are transferring (avoid odd lots, they will get stuck with SCB since they don't offer odd lot trading)
8. Bring your NRIC (a photocopy will be taken)
9. Be mentally prepared to spend 30 minutes of your time filling up two very unfriendly forms with the above information.

Notes: SCB will not charge any fee, but CDP may or may not (i will report back whether they do once my transfer succeed). I am told that the transfer process may take up to 2 weeks... :(

But well... their no minimum commission fee won me over. Else i need spend a lot more to dispose of my IPO shares.

It's $10.70 per counter per transfer iirc when I called Cdp to ask.. Still cheaper with like around $15 saving per counter per sales..

http://www.cdp.com.sg/fee/index.html

For off market transfer S$10.70 (inclusive of GST) per 1,000 share per counter transferred, up to a maximum of S$107 (inclusive of GST) per counter

--> but not sure why Cdp website say per 1000 shares per counter now.. Do let us know how much u were charged

Last edited:

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone tried using SCB to buy the 7 ETFs that recently got secondary listing in SGD?

All my orders for the SGD listing got rejected though i have sufficient cash.

You cannot buy ETF unless you pass certain relevant tests.

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not much use in transferring as after transfer, you can only sell thro SCB.

The only good point is if you can accumulate $50k value of shares transfer, SCB will give you $100 worth of shopping vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.