NTU/NUS/SMU 2012-2013 Intake

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
eh come on la dude.. the way you write appears to be very childish leh.. as many have stated before.. just write down your poly/course/l1r5/eng grade/ a math grade etc... and what courses you applied for.. who knows we may agree that you should have gotten into the course by your academic results

lol. Just to let u know, avviicc is a xenophobia and has a very strong anti-government sentiment. from the way he argue u can tell that for everything he must relate to foreigner when clearly foreign students didnt deprive him of a place in the local uni.

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
don't think can check. wait for mail ba
If you didn't get a course before appealing can use the acceptance portal to check if you can accept anything...if you accepted something then now appealing I'm not sure if still can use the portal to check

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
lol. Just to let u know, avviicc is a xenophobia and has a very strong anti-government sentiment. from the way he argue u can tell that for everything he must relate to foreigner when clearly foreign students didnt deprive him of a place in the local uni.

ok.. so u support FTs, and u pro-government.. ok.. u belong to the 60.1%.. so ok.. noted.

So at least i never scold DPM the F words ... I am entitled to my view .. and if u belong to the 60.1%, so be it..

Please make ur way to NTU and see for urself how many PRCs there are in ntu before u accuse me of xenophobia.. U sound like the ministers..

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score
ok.. so u support FTs, and u pro-government.. ok.. u belong to the 60.1%.. so ok.. noted.

So at least i never scold DPM the F words ... I am entitled to my view .. and if u belong to the 60.1%, so be it..

You could at least post:

Which poly & course you are from

What your O level L1R4 is

What your A. maths grade is

What your English grade is

Which are the courses you applied for

Stop repeating that you got a 3.80 with Merit. Honestly people with your results are a dime dozen. And all these people are also clamouring to get into a course of their choice. Perhaps you may have indeed been unfairly discriminated against, but at least give a full picture?

Everyone has been asking you to provide more details like the one listed above so that we can understand you better. Why don't you tell us the above so that we can better assist you?

avviicc

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone has been asking you to provide more details like the one listed above so that we can understand you better. Why don't you tell us the above so that we can better assist you?

What is the use? I will only be laughed and be scolded for complaining.. u look at the negative and insensitive and elitism reply and hostile comments to me..

I am accused of being a Xenophobia. When I first started questioning the fairness of the selection system of the uni, if u look carefully, it involves not only my case, there are a few of our brothers and sisters here in this thread who cant get into local uni with excellent set of results, eg: even 3.9x and a mendaki scholar cant get in.

Then people start scolding me.. saying that i complain alot, ask me to accept my fate and dun question the system.

ok.. if this is how people treat their own follow citizens but instead willing to make FTs feel welcomed, then i have nothing else to say... If u go to ntu, and look at the number of foreign students there, u know the unfairness I am feeling now.

Anyway, no use saying anything here, I decide to work hard and earn enough $$ to study overseas and I vow never to come back to this country if I have the chance.

I feel I am an outcast in my own country with fellow countryman supporting FTs rather than helping his/her fellow countryman.. This is really sad...

To all those who insulted me.. I hope u dun complain about the system here becos i believe strongly in karma.. Just see what will happen in 10 to 20 years time..

All the best to the rest of you... I am not xenophobia, I just feel unfair that my country deprive me of a place in uni but willing to give foreigners a place in uni, especially ntu...

Ok.. anyway all the best to those who are still waiting for the acceptance letter.

If ever I have the chance to serve this country be it 20 to 30 years later, I will make sure that locals are given top priority when it comes to entry to local uni...

jameskoay

Reaction score
What is the use? I will only be laughed and be scolded for complaining.. u look at the negative and insensitive and elitism reply and hostile comments to me..

I am accused of being a Xenophobia. When I first started questioning the fairness of the selection system of the uni, if u look carefully, it involves not only my case, there are a few of our brothers and sisters here in this thread who cant get into local uni with excellent set of results, eg: even 3.9x and a mendaki scholar cant get in.

Then people start scolding me.. saying that i complain alot, ask me to accept my fate and dun question the system.

ok.. if this is how people treat their own follow citizens but instead willing to make FTs feel welcomed, then i have nothing else to say... If u go to ntu, and look at the number of foreign students there, u know the unfairness I am feeling now.

Anyway, no use saying anything here, I decide to work hard and earn enough $$ to study overseas and I vow never to come back to this country if I have the chance.

I feel I am an outcast in my own country with fellow countryman supporting FTs rather than helping his/her fellow countryman.. This is really sad...

To all those who insulted me.. I hope u dun complain about the system here becos i believe strongly in karma.. Just see what will happen in 10 to 20 years time..

All the best to the rest of you... I am not xenophobia, I just feel unfair that my country deprive me of a place in uni but willing to give foreigners a place in uni, especially ntu...

Ok.. anyway all the best to those who are still waiting for the acceptance letter.

If ever I have the chance to serve this country be it 20 to 30 years later, I will make sure that locals are given top priority when it comes to entry to local uni...

gosh.. just speechless.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just questioning the fairness and transparency of the selection system becos from this forum, not only me , but quite a few of the applicants with GPA of 3.8x cannot get into Uni. I just find it strange... I just hope that some Audit into the selection process can be done.

But what I get is people accusing me of "mindless" complains or ask me to accept what it is and stop complaining.

Ok.. I know this is how our country works. Until one day u all also face some problems and u get people telling u all to stop complaining and accept ur fate, then u will experience the pain faced by some of us here. Infact for me is already small case compared to some who even got GPA of 3.9x and even one Mendaki scholar not able to get into our local uni. But how come we see so many PRCs in ntu when a Mendaki scholar does not deserve a place in uni?

ok.. sorry for my harsh tone. I will also be worried for my children next time. I will just tell them not to go poly and I will even save up for them to go study oversea becos i can see in another 10 to 20 years, maybe local can forget about getting a place in uni, might as well go overseas.

3.8 is nothing if you have 100 slots and 500 applicants with 3.8x to 4.0...

Icetray

Master Member
Reaction score

Just forget what others have said earlier. Irregardless of what has been said, I sure many of us will still be willing to help. If it was really your results, then at least you'll be at peace. If it is not the case, I'm sure many of us will side with you and provide you with many options that will ensure you get your application looked at properly.

As for the rest of what you said, first off let me admit that I am from NTU and there are honestly a lot of PRCs. I know many people aren't happy with that. Honestly I was too but then I had an opportunity to talk to them and get to know them better.

(Even if I get flamed for this, I don't care) These people deserve their slots. They have outstanding academic qualifications. They're smart and hard-working. They deserve their results and spots. It's honestly not like the universities are willing up these spots with people who are undeserving. If you support a meritocracy then you wouldn't complain because our cut offs are really a joke compared to what these people need to get in.

The only thing I do not agree with is the massive subsidies that they get and the promise of a job upon graduation but that's a different matter.

Anyways I know you feel like you're unfairly treated but most of us were once in your shoes. Like I once said, I too was rejected while my fellow friends with much much lower grades got in. Till today I still don't know why. I admit back then I was as upset as you but it was really thanks to the advice of formers and others who helped me.

If you feel insecure or something, feel free to PM me and I promise I'll help you the best way I can.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You are only deprived cause other are better than you and there are limited spaces.. Deal with it... Go make a name yourself outside and **** NTU/NUS/SMU/STUD/PAP/MOE once you are successful

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@avviicc

I think you might have been hanging around EDMW a little too much. Forumities under Academic concerns tends to make more rational, logical analysis and decisions.

Your concerns and issues are valid to a certain extend, but one must look at the bigger picture. I believe you are capable of doing so; as a Merit holder, I'm sure you are above average in your own capacity.

Your judgement may be clouded due to your frustration in failing to attempt a placing. Perhaps you should take a breather, relax, and come back to this ?

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dude maybe u know what, maybe ISD had your details and they die die want to prevent you from getting a degree and making it big cause you are so anti-pap ;) :s22:

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw no point convincing us u deserve the spot, u convince the admission dept and last I read, you got an interview with SMU, they gave you a chance but you blew it *shrugs*

Jackel_Yang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey daphne, i think you should take real estate :)

Hey James. If I recall, you were the one who made it to NUS BBA without Add. Maths, right ? I was as well, last year.

About two months back, I sent in an email inquiry, and they've confirmed it is not a requirement. Apparently, they realize that many of Poly Applicants have taken equivalent Maths modules in Poly, but it would be too much effort, unfeasible and perhaps unfair to make a list of the recognized modules.

They have since corrected their website to clarify that the Add. Maths rule only applies to A levels applicants.
(NUS - BBA)

(Why O)

It is already troubling enough to keep up with the AAA/A students, and lacking add.maths background will be another hurdle. Good idea to start making preparations. :)

Cheers !

jameskoay

Reaction score
Hey James. If I recall, you were the one who made it to NUS BBA without Add. Maths, right ? I was as well, last year.

About two months back, I sent in an email inquiry, and they've confirmed it is not a requirement. Apparently, they realize that many of Poly Applicants have taken equivalent Maths modules in Poly, but it would be too much effort, unfeasible and perhaps unfair to make a list of the recognized modules.

They have since corrected their website to clarify that the Add. Maths rule only applies to A levels applicants.
(NUS - BBA)

(Why O)

It is already troubling enough to keep up with the AAA/A students, and lacking add.maths background will be another hurdle. Good idea to start making preparations. :)

Cheers !

wow its great that they updated the website... then those who have decided to retake 'O' level A math as private candidate can reconsider doing that hahah.. yeah.. i have talked to the profs at the tea party as well as current students.. they always say this; "well i wouldn't call it A math.... just calculus haha"

i guess certain topics should be focused on and not all haha :) you think any other topics should be covered? intending to take finance route

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

Please make ur way to NTU and see for urself how many PRCs there are in ntu before u accuse me of xenophobia.. U sound like the ministers..

my point is just that please look at the thing objectively. Do not make foreigner the cause of everything that happened or think that its the government's fault. u r like one of those typical yahoo users who think that "Road accident is government's fault", "The bus that broke down is government's fault", "ur house lift not working, government's fault". :s13::s13::s13:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score

I labelled u xenophobia not just becuz of what u said in this thread. It is becuz of ur post in EDMW. Please go and take a look at it urself. how many anti-foreigner remarks u have made.

Xenophobic act is the new form of racism in 21st century. Just in case u did not realise it.

EDIT: we nvr say we support FTs, I just feel that u shouldnt drag foreigners into the picture when they didnt even do anything to u in any way.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.