Sager/Clevo Users' Lounge

GitzJoey

Reaction score
after reading this, wow i just shocked. maybe i'm lucky
because maybe i'm in the 1st batch of sgcubehub (1st website open, I order, about 2-3 year ago, you can see my name in 1st page). which i'm pretty satisfied. the notebook only have a minor 1 dead pixel in corner (not to obvious).

yes, i remember alvin still have some debt for me, because i ask without warranty but he charge with warranty, he already return some of my money but still short of 300sgd. He promised to give some rebate and voucher but it never came.

can i have an update on alvin case?
are we still can ordering sager from sgcubehub?
(because i'm thinking to replace my sager, and already fell in love with sager)

Last edited:

CkJie05

Reaction score
because maybe i'm in the 1st batch of sgcubehub (1st website open, I order, about 2-3 year ago, you can see my name in 1st page). which i'm pretty satisfied. the notebook only have a minor 1 dead pixel in corner (not to obvious).

yes, i remember alvin still have some debt for me, because i ask without warranty but he charge with warranty, he already return some of my money but still short of 300sgd. He promised to give some rebate and voucher but it never came.

Still waiting for cube hub to get back to me for the repairs... Haiz.

jackle

Reaction score

I'm in the same situation as you man, got the 8660 couple years ago and now I want to get the new sager 9170 laptop but I'm currently observing the situation now.

Most probably going with illegear though but we'll see, I'm not in a hurry at the moment.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I also order from sgcubehub.. laptop so far so gd...
hw come like that?? isit ppl run away with his $$??#

ryanseah

Reaction score
This is all quite sad. I remember sometime in Sept/Oct last year, I was looking to get a gaming laptop, and after some research, I found that Sager offered a super customisable gaming laptop, and I was hooked.

Decided to go with SGCubehub because of good reviews previously, and their website was more updated than Mucro's. Placed my order, and after much chasing, I actually got my laptop in December. My friend wasn't so lucky, but at least he got a full refund.

Then I started seeing so many people posting about how they didn't get a refund, how there was no support, and now I'm real worried if my Sager ever needs servicing.

Will definitely think twice again in the future about getting a non-mainstream brand

vienn379

Reaction score
well for my scenario my laptop was barely six months old and my laptop couldn't power on and the cause is motherboard. Wanted to fix in singapore but no one could do it so no choice i contacted Sager. They issue me a RMA form. I paid like 700+ for shipping to and fro. Will not consider buying a laptop without a service center locally. expensive experience...

illeGear

Reaction score
Sager has authorized us to handle cubehub RMA issues. However, we need to charge fee like sgd 460 for two way DHL shipments.

Please let us know if you guys need any help.

rickysim84

Reaction score
Ok guys, here is my latest update, the address that SGCUBEHUB put on their website which is located at high street centre, i had check on that location and i can guarantee you that it is fake. That lot had not been rented out since a long long time ago.

I will go legal for this case to pinned down this guy. Will report you all regarding the next step that i am going to do.

rickysim84

Reaction score
Here is the second update, i just receive a call from a person that got scam by Alvin too. This mean that there are already 2 cases on him, and i need to get more people that involve in this issue to pin him down.

Will update again when there is a new findings. A lots of things gonna happen and i am sure it gonna be big.

Anyone that have the same issue with SGCUBEHUB can come to me. My phone number is 82389201

Last edited:

CkJie05

Reaction score
Here is the second update, i just receive a call from a person that got scam by Alvin too. This mean that there are already 2 cases on him, and i need to get more people that involve in this issue to pin him down.

Will update again when there is a new findings. A lots of things gonna happen and i am sure it gonna be big.

Anyone that have the same issue with SGCUBEHUB can come to me. My phone number is 82389201

Will update you if i still get nothing from cube hub..

Ricky, you mean the other guy passed his laptop to Alvin and never got it back as well ?

Last edited:

rickysim84

Reaction score
Ok guys, another latest update. Got another call from another person which Alvin send his laptop to SAGER US but on pending from Alvin to proceed with the service but Alvin did not reply SAGER US and now the guy cannot take back his laptop.

For what we going to do next i wont be updating here as "the one we are nailing" might be watching this. So i will just update the outcome of our action.

I am still trying to find one more victim which having similar cases with me which Alvin request RMA number from Sager US but never send it out. Do contact me at 82389201, my name is Ricky.

Now we have 3 victims including me.

rickysim84

Reaction score
Ok, here is another recent update on the info that i had collected. Based on the info giving by one of the victim, there are currently 2 notebook at Alvin's house. If i am correct, one is belong to me where he never did send the laptop to US and left it at home, the other one i am not sure who it belongs to and i am hoping that person will contact me.

As i liaise with SAGER US, Alvin did requested 2 RMA number, one is for me, one is for another person which i am currently intend to find.

If u read this post, contact me asap and we can arrange a big surprise for Alvin.

cody7k

Reaction score
Got my direct from Eurocom took 2 weeks coz of the back log on the 7970m. Now installing Win 7 :s13:

feintan

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! Yeah that cable is everywhere I have a few lying around myself. Glad it wasn't the more customised laptop cables.

I'm still hoping I can avoid the GST :)

I have boxes of this cable in the office new. Got so many donno what to do with them.

rickysim84

Reaction score
Ok, i just receive another call from another victim that he had been cheated by Alvin. The case just happen recently which is on June. From what he is saying, the cubehub website is still running and taking orders, but all the orders people make, they wont be getting their laptop.

So guys, listen to my advice, DO NOT MAKE ANY MORE ORDERS FROM CUBEHUB WEBSITE. Thank you.

fydred

Reaction score
Heyo was hoping maybe somebody here could give me a little help since sgcubehub is dead and i cant get my Sager serviced =(

I'm using a sager 8150 which i bought from Sgcubehub. Cleaned out the fans today. The fans run perfectly fine on Fn+1. Can hear my fans whirring around happily when running windows. However once I start up any game the fans get louder as usual, then after 2 mins or so the fans turn off entirely... the game lags and the whole computer shuts down.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this problem? Would a generic PC repair shop like say PC dreams be able to help? Since its a Sager lappy and no Sager shops in singapore =(

Thanks guys.

rickysim84

Reaction score
Is it possible tat ur graphic card overheating? Do u have a temperature reading software which u can actually read ur graphic card temperature?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.