Dell U2312HM

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright. Quite unlucky really. What do you need to get a replacement, as in what to tell the cso so they can verify the monitor warranty status?

you got the same problem too??

i'm not sure, im guessing the dell order no. and the s/n, will call them up soon and ask as well. but i'll adjust the monitor settings and see how it goes.. thinking of waiting for a while more then exchange.. 5yrs warranty, no rush :s22:

Insane11

Reaction score
Alright. Keep me posted. Mine is very minimal but I dont mind it so it's ok.
Btw, anyone here has their monitor slanting, very minimal to the right side. Not obvious while in use but when I stare at it, I got itchy fingers. I did move abit to the left then realise it may get worse bcuz it rotates to the right only...

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
photo1-2.jpg

photo-2.jpg

The first pic is when my lights are off, and I don't know why it looks like I have backlight bleeding everywhere lol, think it's the Iphone cam. I don't really have backlight bleeding (or it's very mild and i didn't bother/notice much) except the bottom right, as you can see from the second picture. what do you guys think?

ChewAhSoon

Reaction score
just got mine. terribly disappointed. non uniform panel with pink tint on the right and yellow tint on the left. bottom corners compressed by force, darker than normal.

Shock!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright. Keep me posted. Mine is very minimal but I dont mind it so it's ok.
Btw, anyone here has their monitor slanting, very minimal to the right side. Not obvious while in use but when I stare at it, I got itchy fingers. I did move abit to the left then realise it may get worse bcuz it rotates to the right only...

Mine is slanting to the right also... Not sure if want to replace it..

devilwahaha

Reaction score
just got mine. terribly disappointed. non uniform panel with pink tint on the right and yellow tint on the left. bottom corners compressed by force, darker than normal.

Just suay get lousier panel, thats why dell offers 1-1 exchange for such stuff that slips through QC. Though with your such high expectations and you want them met, you probably should have went for something more premium like stuff from eizo etc.

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow 1 page of issues with dell? Gotta check my unit later..

pedokuma

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have a t240 Samsung. Not sure in getting this or 2412. Which one should be used as main display, t240 or dell?

Table might not be big enough for a 2nd 27 inch unless I squeeze.

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for those who are considering asking for a 1-to-1 replacement, please do take note that you will be receiving back refurbished unit which sometimes get even worse than your existing one and the problem could be in other areas. So my advice is if you can live with it, just stay with it else take the chance.

For those who have bleeding issue, try to lower or dim down your brightness and contrast setting. The set comes default (level at 50 I think) so you would need to reduce it for calibration anyway.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
hmmm.. but they will come t my place and give me a new one right? then wont we be able to test out the new monitor first?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm.. but they will come t my place and give me a new one right? then wont we be able to test out the new monitor first?

Dell have no local staff to do deliveries, they will be fulfilled by courier company and they will not wait for you to test your "new" monitor because even if you have any new problem with the refurbished set, you will have to go through the whole cycle of calling and arrange a new pickup.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
Dell have no local staff to do deliveries, they will be fulfilled by courier company and they will not wait for you to test your "new" monitor because even if you have any new problem with the refurbished set, you will have to go through the whole cycle of calling and arrange a new pickup.

hmm ok.. do you have backlight bleeding in your dell u2312hm as well?

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm ok.. do you have backlight bleeding in your dell u2312hm as well?

yes... I have 2x U2412M bought back in March and more or less have the bleeding problem but as long as the units are working fine, I minimized the bleeding prob by lowering the brightness and contrast according to the standard calibration settings.

Unless you are working/computing in a total darkness room else with room lighting, the bleeding issue can be ignored if it doesn't cover a big percentage of the screen.

bjornng

Master Member
Reaction score
yes... I have 2x U2412M bought back in March and more or less have the bleeding problem but as long as the units are working fine, I minimized the bleeding prob by lowering the brightness and contrast according to the standard calibration settings.

Unless you are working/computing in a total darkness room else with room lighting, the bleeding issue can be ignored if it doesn't cover a big percentage of the screen.

hmm alright alright.. may i know what is the standard calibration settings that you set? :)

tmengyew

Reaction score
Just to chk if there any problem when play game with this monitor ? understand that the response time was >5ms.Thk

Insane11

Reaction score
All is fine for me playing Max Payne 3, BF3 and ME3. The response time for this monitor is 8ms iirc.

tmengyew

Reaction score
All is fine for me playing Max Payne 3, BF3 and ME3. The response time for this monitor is 8ms iirc.

Thanks. But the bleeding problem seem to exit in IPS panel be it Dell or other brand. No sure want to wait till they found a solution to this problem. Till it stable then buy . Maybe settle for a LG 3D monitor first. quite cheap D2342p (TN panel) for $278.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.