Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To daverichard,

U mean $5200 is for installation works alone right?

This amount is a bit on the high side.
But it depends on the amount of concealed works and length of piping involved.
If works/materials involved is a lot, then price might be reasonable.

Maybe u can get a second quote and compare.

Last edited:

Sever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi terumo,

thanks for your prompt reply via PM.

now hunting for the models to buy...

any models to intro for the mitsubishi?

thanks in advance

daverichard

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,
thanks for reply.yes even i feel cost very high as he quoted me 10.4 k with aircons and installation.for installation only 5.2k , when i check the cost of aircons with 2 stores and they work out about 7-7.4k . so naturally the contractor cost is high as he wants to supply the aircons as well.but i rather get the aircons from a store that provides 5 years warranty which his company does not.yes will get another quote.

as the job is totally concealed thus need a very reliable contractor but not sure which contractor is reliable.are the gain city contractors reliable?

also from this thread and from friends i gather mitsubishi elec inverter aircons to be very reliable and good.however the wife does not like the design of the blowers and prefers Panasonic.is Panasonic as reliable as Mitsubishi elec?
thanks in advance for help.

Rgds
Dave

terumo

Reaction score
To Dave,

Aircon equipment is around $5k+ to $6k.

If $7.4k can do the whole job, I think e other 2 stores under quoted already.

MIT Electric are slightly better then Panasonic (IMO)

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Passionair recommended by Tr***** of this thread is very good and passionate about his job, i know alot about the aircon industry from this him when he came down to my house for survey. he is honest and gave me an all-in prize and tried his best to help me in my requests even recommending alternatives on top of air con for my house and preinstalled furniture layout is very bad for system aircon . even if i installed system aircon it will be ugly with alot of trunking the ceilings over my ceilings and wall.

http://www.passionair.c0m/

tanjhj

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo,
thanks for reply.yes even i feel cost very high as he quoted me 10.4 k with aircons and installation.for installation only 5.2k , when i check the cost of aircons with 2 stores and they work out about 7-7.4k . so naturally the contractor cost is high as he wants to supply the aircons as well.but i rather get the aircons from a store that provides 5 years warranty which his company does not.yes will get another quote.

as the job is totally concealed thus need a very reliable contractor but not sure which contractor is reliable.are the gain city contractors reliable?

also from this thread and from friends i gather mitsubishi elec inverter aircons to be very reliable and good.however the wife does not like the design of the blowers and prefers Panasonic.is Panasonic as reliable as Mitsubishi elec?
thanks in advance for help.

Rgds
Dave

where to buy aircon from store which provide 5 years warranty? the 5 years warranty is on parts and compressors. or 5 years on compressors and 1 years on parts?

terumo

Reaction score
To tanjhj,

Glad u liked his service.

Usually one year warranty is on everything.
2nd to 5th year is on compressor only, exclude labour.

If u want those everything also included extended warranty, maybe have to get Gain City.
But read the fine print, terms n conditions carefully.
Sometimes, they have clauses like servicing must be done by them, etc.....

daverichard

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

Thanks for your reply.found my old contractor who did a good job in the past he will charge me 8.4k for aircon and installation
whilst the new contractor was quoting 10.4k which i found rather high.

Rgds
Ashok

daverichard

Reaction score
Hi Tanjhj

Gain city , harvey norman do offer extended warranty.

anyway decided to get it from my contractor as the compressor already comes with 5 year warranty and the blowing unit is standard 1 year warranty.

Rgds
Dave

creatorzz

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A quick question, i'm planning to get a split system just for 1 room.

I am planning to get from Courts and the price already included installation. (AOYG09LUC+ASYG09LUC from Fujitsu). $1359

I went to coolserve and saw powerpoint installation @ $300? What powerpoint does the aircon above use? I've already a 3 pin plug near the kitchen window where the box will be mounted, is it ok?

(Singapore Weather, no aircon die!)

daverichard

Reaction score
Hi Terumo,
please help.more i read more confused i get.
It is said after 2015 the gas for non inverter will not be sold anymore.so am surprised why non inverter still being sold?
meantime read that inverter aircons(more so Mitsubishi Elec)
use up a lot of standby power which can cost up to
$ 50 per month per compressor.So logically makes sense to get non inverter more so for those rooms(like living,dining)where aircon is hardly used.you see my confusion.as you are an expert you would be able to give correct advise.so please enlighten
Thanks
Rgds
Dave

hume17

Reaction score
Hi Terumo

Thanks for your reply.found my old contractor who did a good job in the past he will charge me 8.4k for aircon and installation
whilst the new contractor was quoting 10.4k which i found rather high.

Rgds
Ashok

Hi,
can pm me the name of your old contractor?

Thanks

iguanatbay

Banned
Reaction score
Terumo,

I have a very old MHI FCU MHI SKM458ERF (rated 4KW on body panel) in the living room. I can't tell what is the pipe size.

As part of a overall replacement (MHI System 5 to a system 4), I have to replace above FCU to a higher capacity model (to support living and dining).

Thinking of replacing with a 6kw Starmex FCU that requires 15.88mm pipe. The next rung down requires 12.7mm. How to I ensure my current pipe size supports these models?

Much thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
To iguanatbay,

Your 4kw should be 12k btu.
Get the installer to confirm the pipe size first during the site visit.
Most likely in your case, i assume you r using back ur existing pipes.

To daverichards,
I think after 2015, no more equipment using r22 gas may be produced, but the gas will still be in production for another 10 years cause there are still existing equipment in the market using e r22 gas.

terumo

Reaction score
To Creatorzz,
Aircon unit requires a 15amp powerpoint, not those normal 3 pin plug.
U can get a electrician to install for you.

ftokiat60000

Reaction score
Quotation For Sys 2 inverter Panasonic

Hi Terumo bro,

I would like to ask if I was given the quotation by a company Ch0ng C1ty worth to purchase ?

Panasonic System Inverter 2
Outdoor unit model : CU-3S27MKZ
2 X Indoor unit model : CS-S9NKZW
Inclusive of installation : 1 X Stainless Steel Bracket, Trunking, 1 power point socket, (insulation and copper wiring was not told of the grade)

Total Price : SGD 2850

Please do comment if there's any suggestion as I have never purchase an air-conditioner in my life.

Many many thanksss... :s13::s13::s13:

fallennge

Reaction score
Enq on aircon

Hey terumo, need some recommendation for replacement.
Presently 3 rooms haf aircon, mostly only 2 using aircon. Any models to recommend from mitsubishi ?? Contacts as well ? Do you happened to know est cost for installation of the new aircons with all necessary services ?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.