SingPost/Vpost Bad Experience

Please add to this poll if u have encountered a bad experience with Vpost deliveries...

• Total voters

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
I've had previous bad experiences with Vpost deliveries but this one was the last straw.

Events:

1) Item arrived VpostUSA 6/6 and i paid for the delivery and GST on the very same day

2) Item arrived and processed in Singapore on 11/6

3) No further status update until i contacted Vpost customer svc via 1605 on 14/6. CSO says delivery on 14/6 is IMPOSSIBLE. Earliest they could arrange is 15/6. I agreed

4) Delivery man suddenly showed up at my residential address with the item on the afternoon of 14/6!!! :s22: Obviously, there was no one around to receive the item.

5) Contacted Vpost CSO on 14/6 afternoon to clarify. Issue escalated to a duty manager who promised re-delivery on 15/6

6) Another duty manager contacted me on 15/6 afternoon and informed me that due to a glitch in the system, item cannot be re-delivered on 15/6. They will attempt to re-deliver on Sat 16/6. Asked to speak to the Operations Manager. Refused to take my call.

7) Nothing happened on 16/6. Could not explain why delivery did not take place. Told me they will attempt to re-deliver on Mon 18/6. As before, did not get a chance to speak to the Operations Manager.

8) 18/8 - today. No delivery AGAIN! Picked up the phone and blasted at them. Yet another Duty Manager attended to my problem. After kicking up a fuss, finally got to speak to the Operations Manager. Claimed failure due to the delivery department, defended her own staff of their actions... blah blah blah. Will try to arrange for delivery the next day. Crap.. instead of waiting, i went down to the post office and picked up the package myself. In addition, i went on to lodge a FORMAL COMPLAINT at the Eunos Branch against the whole lot of incompetent Pinoy CSOs, Duty Managers and the Operations Manager.

For anyone experiencing the same issue like what i have, DO NOT waste your time with the Duty Managers. They will DO NOTHING for u, merely passing the issue from one to another. The following are the people u need to go straight to:

1) M/S Louise - Operations Manager (above the Duty Managers)
2) M/S Lum Ening - Customer Relations Manager (above the Operations Manager).

If not, go look for the Manager at the Speed Post counter.

Finally, to file a complaint (dont waste your time with their website feedback form), go to the Speed Post counter, look for the Manager-In-Charge and lodge your complaint with the person. There isnt an official Complaints Dept in this very screwed up organisation. :(

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now they doing what pilot run in the area I am staying. No more re-delivery for registered bulky parcel anymore!

No calls, nothing, out of blue, post man just pop out to make delivery.

If first attempt, not successful and nobody open door, a slip just left for you to collect from Monday - Friday and must be within 5 working days to collect.

Heavy and bulky parcels still expect people to personally drop by nearest post office to collect or appoint somebody. If working then how:s11: :(

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like they are overwhelmed with deliveries. At the way that they are doing the deliveries, u may just be better off collecting your own package. U dont want to waste your time dealing with all the unnecessary hassle.

Now they doing what pilot run in the area I am staying. No more re-delivery for registered bulky parcel anymore!

No calls, nothing, out of blue, post man just pop out to make delivery.

If first attempt, not successful and nobody open door, a slip just left for you to collect from Monday - Friday and must be within 5 working days to collect.

Heavy and bulky parcels still expect people to personally drop by nearest post office to collect or appoint somebody. If working then how:s11: :(

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like they are overwhelmed with deliveries. At the way that they are doing the deliveries, u may just be better off collecting your own package. U dont want to waste your time dealing with all the unnecessary hassle.

The point is, the parcel is extremely heavy! At least 10++ kg.

Opps-gal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They should at least call days before to tell customers timing they are delivering the things. Or can call few hours before to ask when can do delivery.

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Indeed, 10+ Kg is heavy to lug home, especially if u dont have wheels. Vpost deliveries dont make calls before dropping by, even if specific instructions were given for them to do so. I think u'll have no choice but to use other courier services like Fedex or DHL, which probably means more $$$. :(

AeonOfStrife

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread but I just needed to vent my bad experience with SingPost that happened today.

Should have read your comment earlier about the website feedback form being useless cos' I just wrote a long compo to them telling them how bad their delivery service is.

I was expecting the package today, at about 3.10pm I left my house to go down to buy myself some food, my brother was at home. I came back at 3.20pm, to see a delivery advice slip at my doorstep, and my bro told me he didn't hear any doorbell ring. Okay maybe, the light drizzling at that time might have sounded louder than a 80 decibel doorbell -.-

I looked at the advice slip and the delivery man stated 3.18pm as time of delivery. he was here 2 mins ago? I thought maybe can call 1605 ask him come back up and pass me the package. Called them, and they said couldn't do anything about it. Shows how "first class" their operations are when they don't even have a proper communication system between couriers and HQ.

To make things worse, I saw on the back of my advice slip there is a my HP number there. The delivery man didn't even bother to give me a call to check whether I'm home at that time... if he gave me a call i could have rushed back up or maybe met him below my block.

Singpost still hasn't stepped up their game after all these years, I'll just be using UPS or Fedex next time round. Even delivery services I'hv used with not-so-established companies provide far better service than SingPost.

Nexusdm

Reaction score
Sorry to revive this thread but I just needed to vent my bad experience with SingPost that happened today.

Should have read your comment earlier about the website feedback form being useless cos' I just wrote a long compo to them telling them how bad their delivery service is.

I was expecting the package today, at about 3.10pm I left my house to go down to buy myself some food, my brother was at home. I came back at 3.20pm, to see a delivery advice slip at my doorstep, and my bro told me he didn't hear any doorbell ring. Okay maybe, the light drizzling at that time might have sounded louder than a 80 decibel doorbell -.-

I looked at the advice slip and the delivery man stated 3.18pm as time of delivery. he was here 2 mins ago? I thought maybe can call 1605 ask him come back up and pass me the package. Called them, and they said couldn't do anything about it. Shows how "first class" their operations are when they don't even have a proper communication system between couriers and HQ.

To make things worse, I saw on the back of my advice slip there is a my HP number there. The delivery man didn't even bother to give me a call to check whether I'm home at that time... if he gave me a call i could have rushed back up or maybe met him below my block.

Singpost still hasn't stepped up their game after all these years, I'll just be using UPS or Fedex next time round. Even delivery services I'hv used with not-so-established companies provide far better service than SingPost.

You should have noticed from the thread starter that they're covering each other's butt. No offence to pinoys but i had a similar experience with them also. Bloody accent i don't understand and yet when a higher authority(manger who also is a pinoy) covers the stupid phone operator's butt. Well done for importing all these foreign 'TALENTS'.

Years ago when it was an old malay(SINGAPOREAN) delivery man who used to deliver my area's parcels and mails and the service was top notch. Calling up hp or house number if there was one located on the delivery slip, waiting for 3 to 5 mins while knocking on the door after pressing on the doorbells AND yelling out postman at the sametime not to mention the parcels/mail wasn't wet from the rain.

Well done on the hiring of so much foreign 'TALENTS'.

AeonOfStrife

Reaction score
You should have noticed from the thread starter that they're covering each other's butt. No offence to pinoys but i had a similar experience with them also. Bloody accent i don't understand and yet when a higher authority(manger who also is a pinoy) covers the stupid phone operator's butt. Well done for importing all these foreign 'TALENTS'.

Years ago when it was an old malay(SINGAPOREAN) delivery man who used to deliver my area's parcels and mails and the service was top notch. Calling up hp or house number if there was one located on the delivery slip, waiting for 3 to 5 mins while knocking on the door after pressing on the doorbells AND yelling out postman at the sametime not to mention the parcels/mail wasn't wet from the rain.

Well done on the hiring of so much foreign 'TALENTS'.

Exactly, I didn't even bother looking up the manager when I gave them the call, I knew the reply and answers would be the same, you think "foreign talents" will actually "go the extra mile for service"? All of them just follow the same SOP given to them, and I doubt anyone in the call centre would have been pro-active enough to find the number of the courier who delivered to my house.

Hearing from friends who have worked at call centers before, the manager's job is to basically appease the angry customer and not think of a viable solution for their problem. So the managers are there to dissuade the customer from pursuing the problem instead of solving it for them.

Of course this is a totally biased view on my part, and not meant to represent the whole population of foreigners, but based on my past experience this is what it has been like.

Nexusdm

Reaction score
Exactly, I didn't even bother looking up the manager when I gave them the call, I knew the reply and answers would be the same, you think "foreign talents" will actually "go the extra mile for service"? All of them just follow the same SOP given to them, and I doubt anyone in the call centre would have been pro-active enough to find the number of the courier who delivered to my house.

Hearing from friends who have worked at call centers before, the manager's job is to basically appease the angry customer and not think of a viable solution for their problem. So the managers are there to dissuade the customer from pursuing the problem instead of solving it for them.

Of course this is a totally biased view on my part, and not meant to represent the whole population of foreigners, but based on my past experience this is what it has been like.

:s13: I don't think you're the only one pissed off with the influx of FTs taking over our jobs and putting on airs and laying us off when they should be the ones serving us in this particular job sector.

Like i said no offence to the pinoys but i myself have seen some really good ones but just that they're hired in the wrong places.

A famous quote to laugh about from some minister(s).
"What do you think?" OR 'It was a honest mistake."?
on this matter. :s13:

euroRR

Reaction score
same bad experience

I looked at the advice slip and the delivery man stated 3.18pm as time of delivery. he was here 2 mins ago?

at last other people face the same situations like me --waited the whole day for speedpost EMS and when mum came back 1630, pass me a delivery advice stated timing 16:15

I was shocked i was stationed at home the whole day just to receive the parcel

I did not hear any doorbell ring --delivery advice stated for self collection --mine is a big parcel

call hotline 1800-222 5 777 , CSO just give standard answers
--also the online tracking did not reflect the "Unsuccessful delivery" status
--it still reflect that " [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With Delivery Courier "[/FONT]

--customers pay for door-to-door delivery however instead of serving customers' needs ie,arranging delivery time where most receivers will probably be at home,

SingPost for the sake of cost cutting, sacrifices customers' needs and after 1 half hearted fake delivery attempt now subject the customer to self collection --so what is the point of paying for door to door delivery?

now firmly suspected SingPost delivery staff use this trick, instead of carrying bulky items, just dropped silently the delivery advice slip at your doorstep, more convenient for them instead of carrying bulky parcels

euroRR

Reaction score
SpeedPost should renamed as SLOW POST

here's the update:

ok since i have the delivery advice, I have no choice but to go down to post office
--it state that the item can be collected after 2 pm the next working day

I went down around 3pm, and guess what?

the post office staff replied that they could not find my item !!
--she also said that there is also another case similar like mine
--the frontline staff was also ashamed by their inefficency and told me she would call me once my item has arrived

--I left the bloody post office empty -handed !:mad::mad:

--anyway, I called the hotline and asked why the self collection advice stated that it can be collected on that day after 2pm and still my item cannot be found

--CSO follow up and from the online trace --it was shown dispatched immediately at 3.15pm

--by right my item should be available for collection right after 2pm !

-- I got the call from post office that my item has arrived at 4:50pm ( 10 min from closing)

--this prove that SIngPost delivery staff is slack and only after much haggling will your item appear

--singpost have the nerve to tell the customer to self collect, and when the customer went down, the frontline staff admitted that my item is still at warehouse!:mad:

Last edited:

CoLeMaN

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upz this thread again.

Jus happened to my company.

11 sept- received one attempted delivery slip on company mailbox. Governamet registered notice. Says attempted delivery on the day itself. Feeling damn puzzled and there was ppl ard in the office the whole day and we never saw any postman coming.

Called 1605 asked for pinay CSO and requested for redelivery on 12 sept. She told me can only be delivered on 13th sept. I LLST say okay. Come 13th no show again. Called 1605. Pinoy CSO say item is ready for self collection @ Jurong. I was like WTF i asked for redelivery then how come the letter is still there. Damn pissed off asked for redelivery again on 14 sept, he assured me that item will be delivered.

Today 15 Sept liao PCB still never come. Its a Bloody Government registered notice leh.

KNN.

euroRR

Reaction score
No wait for parcel, just collect at SingPost kiosk

Why waste money setting up the 24hr kiosk? customers pay for door to door delivery, why do customers have to trek down to self collect?

Singapore is such a small place and SingPost are so inefficent
the greater efficency is to schedule their delivery staff working hours so that they can deliver when custmers are at home mostly at night

This 24 hr kiosk is a smoke out screen
this mean essentially that for those who always receive parcels, your home letterbox is now directly at their post office, at their convenience!

then what's the point of your letterbox in your void deck?
you have to lug your heavy parcels from post office to your home?

SingPost is trying to smoke out the customers, this 24hour kiosk is for their convenience sake only !

most of the parcels have customers' mobile numbers wriitten on it, but SingPost do not want to act /call in advance, it is a win -win when parcel are delivered, SingPost save costs (no need to redeliver) and customers are happy

SingPost hire the foreign CEO Wolfgang Baier, thinking he can improve, looks like another futile attempt, throwing money of SingPost shareholders down the drain...i won't be the sucker buying SingPost shares, it will soon self-destruct at these service standards

I will be utterly ashamed if I were the CEO, customer relation VP reading all these SingPost complaint threads all over the internet

Just by typing Singpost in the google search box, the google suggestion tool will pop out the "Singpost complaints" keyword !
these show that many people are searching Singpost complaints :s13::s13:

Last edited:

jf

Reaction score
I myself have had my issues with singpost. And I'm not exactly very confident with using vpost either. So i've decided to (yes!) set up my own "service" for buying and getting stuff from the US. If anybody is interested, pm me, and we'll talk...

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singpost doesn't deliver item - ask me to collect it instead at post office

I stopped using vpostusa a few years cos their service sucks - cannot match items, cannot find item, slow delivery - a real hassle. I'd rather pay a bit more for much much better service by other companies using professional delivery service like dhl - super fast delivery even late at night with zero hassle

A few weeks ago, I bought something from japan and they use ems japan to send it to me via singpost. And guess what, instead of delivery to me, they simply update item status as Undelivered - No response from owner.

I said so because I was at home the whole time and no one rang my door bell.

I called customer service and basically the person just repeat the same story - tried to deliver but no one at home - and told me to self collect as they will deliver once.

I wrote a feedback online about the whole incident and the reply was also basically the same story except that they will investigate - I suspect the investigation results will only be known to them.

What a lousy company, trying to cut cost and ripoff customers, paid good money for delivery to my house and yet have to spend time and money to self collect.

I will not hesitate to tell anyone not to use singpost if there is a competitive choice available.

tErOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same exp..

monday received delivery slip saying item will be at nearest post office after next day after 2pm..took leave to go collect..guess what? item still at paya lebar post office =_=||

asked the counter staff to call the paya lebar post office so i can tok to them..then the staff there offered redelivery next day which i rejected cos no one will be at hm and there wont b a point..rescheduled on thursday where i arranged for a family member to at hm to collect the item..

wednesday STILL RECEIVED delivery advice..called them to ask y still redelivered despite having received instructions not to do so..at the same time asked them if the thursday redelivery will still happen...they tell me yes..

thursday come and NO REDELIVERY!! called them to blast again..end up saturday self collect..

All the while i've asked to tok to the manager, which they proceeded to transfer the line to..and EACH TIME NO MANAGER PICKED UP..after this happened the 2nd time i blast them liao..MANAGER NOT AROUND RITE? IS THERE REALLY A MANAGER THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

SING post V post..all that comes to mind is dissappointment, frustration, waste of time..

CoLeMaN

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Upz this thread again.

Jus happened to my company.

11 sept- received one attempted delivery slip on company mailbox. Governamet registered notice. Says attempted delivery on the day itself. Feeling damn puzzled and there was ppl ard in the office the whole day and we never saw any postman coming.

Called 1605 asked for pinay CSO and requested for redelivery on 12 sept. She told me can only be delivered on 13th sept. I LLST say okay. Come 13th no show again. Called 1605. Pinoy CSO say item is ready for self collection @ Jurong. I was like WTF i asked for redelivery then how come the letter is still there. Damn pissed off asked for redelivery again on 14 sept, he assured me that item will be delivered.

Today 15 Sept liao PCB still never come. Its a Bloody Government registered notice leh.

KNN.

caught the postman lying thru his teeth when i called 1605 again. This time i really lost my cool and fugged them deep deep thru the phone when i asked for the reason for the postman's failure in the delivery after so many days.

the CSO said" we have received information from the postman saying that the gate was closed, and he tried knocking on the door no reply".... my office is a building with no gates and my company has shutters wide open from 8-5...

fwah... unbelieveable...:mad: jitao demanded his duty manager and fugged him deep deep... the postman finally came on the next working day.

tErOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
caught the postman lying thru his teeth when i called 1605 again. This time i really lost my cool and fugged them deep deep thru the phone when i asked for the reason for the postman's failure in the delivery after so many days.

the CSO said" we have received information from the postman saying that the gate was closed, and he tried knocking on the door no reply".... my office is a building with no gates and my company has shutters wide open from 8-5...

fwah... unbelieveable...:mad: jitao demanded his duty manager and fugged him deep deep... the postman finally came on the next working day.

seriously dunno wads their problem one la..y die die must tuang until like tt? conscience wont prick them meh? :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.