HDTV, Digital TV and antenna discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsetbay

Reaction score

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
See this:

http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/16240/16240949dcdaa7df7acfc3296e602050f720f195.png

16240949dcdaa7df7acfc3296e602050f720f195.png

it's EX523 and EX524? :s11:

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
That mean 3 options :

1) Subscribe to Singtel
2) Subscribe to Starhub
3) buy DVB-T2 box

All option mean pay more $$... Swiss standard of living :s17:

actually u have 2013-2020 to switch to digital.
that means most will choose option 4... wait for tv to spoil then buy new HDTV with built-in tuner. :D
anyway... singapore is already at least 5 yrs lagging behind other countries... some countries already have analog signal switched off...

viv4080

Reaction score
Just wondering whether MDA considers to use the fibre network for transmission of FTA channels. Just feel that DVB-T network can have problems such as reception issues, bad weather affecting reception etc.

Costs could be higher with the DVB-C network.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whether MDA considers to use the fibre network for transmission of FTA channels. Just feel that DVB-T network can have problems such as reception issues, bad weather affecting reception etc.

Costs could be higher with the DVB-C network.

Rightfully there about the aerial antenna issues with the DVB-T broadcast.

As for the use of fibre, gahmen will tell u to use SingTel MIO TV which has an option to use the fibre network for the provision of service, so there u go. :o

waterstone

Reaction score
actually u have 2013-2020 to switch to digital.
that means most will choose option 4... wait for tv to spoil then buy new HDTV with built-in tuner. :D
anyway... singapore is already at least 5 yrs lagging behind other countries... some countries already have analog signal switched off...

Yes, there should be option 4. But TV dont spoil so easily unless you want it to spoil ;)

Soul77

Reaction score
Anyone had DVB-T2 tuner or TV already? Can try to scan if the trial signal still there?

petetherock

Reaction score
I think the new standard is still in the developmental phase, and given our current shoddy coverage by DTV, don't hold your breath on radical changes.

So use whatever you have, and even then don't swop out your current set just because of this. Instead when the old set needs replacement, then consider a set specced with the new tuner. For all you know, those tuners with DTV-2 now may not be the same ones that is needed, since this is a new development.

Soul77

Reaction score
I just want to know if the DTV-T2 singal for HD5 is there.
Because I'm having problem receiving HD5 on my new room. If it's there, i want to get a DVB-T2 pci-e cards. Saw that on ebay for $130

mgsten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
question. if i buy those hauppauge digital tv tuner sticks and hook up to the hdb/starhub cable point, can i receive those free-to-air digital channels on my computer? do not intend to use any type of indoor antenna.

Soul77

Reaction score
question. if i buy those hauppauge digital tv tuner sticks and hook up to the hdb/starhub cable point, can i receive those free-to-air digital channels on my computer? do not intend to use any type of indoor antenna.

Can you get RTM 2 (malaysia) through the point? if yes, you can get the digital channels (it means, you're running thru hdb antenna). Else, you need indoor antenna (means, it's scv point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.