Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

Reaction score
>>> Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

This thread serves as a Q&A section for all new/existing audiophiles seeking advice on their next headphone purchase!

The rules are simple, no flaming/bashing and try not to post irrelevant post.

You may ask us headphone/earphone related question and fellow audiophiles are free tow assist you.

To get a proper recommendation without wasting several posts, please stick to the following format. Just cut and paste in your request post.

- Your rig (mp3 players, amps, soundcard etc)
- What type of usage (movies/ gaming/ music etc)
- File format used in your source (i.e. flac, mp3 etc)
- Genre of music you listen to (classical, jazz, metal, etc)
- Headphone / earphone type (closed, open, cirumaural, IEM etc)
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, 5.1ch, 7.1ch etc)
- Budget (in figures)

Do encourage new comers to read up a little for a better understanding on the different types and application of headphones as well as the usual terminology in use here.

Do seek all forumners' support on this effort to clean up the messy state of this forum with related discussions spread over unending new recommendation request topics popping up everyday.

Last edited:

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
huat about moi thread :(

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/ear-earphones-iems-under-budget-3401900-6.html#post67678789

Reaction score

Not here to promote "my" thread. This thread belongs to all forumners here. By having a dedicated recommendation thread in a proper format just makes it much easier for newbies to ask and sifus to answer in a single thread.

Do take a look at a successful recommendation thread where over 7 updates has drawn in excess of 18,000 properly regulated, constructive and unbiased posts.

Headphones / Earphones Recommendation Corner V7

silvernoy

Reaction score
Not here to promote "my" thread. This thread belongs to all forumners here. By having a dedicated recommendation thread in a proper format just makes it much easier for newbies to ask and sifus to answer in a single thread.

Do take a look at a successful recommendation thread where over 7 updates has drawn in excess of 18,000 properly regulated, constructive and unbiased posts.

Headphones / Earphones Recommendation Corner V7

They have it over at head-fi as well but the problem was not everyone's request was answered.

Reaction score
They have it over at head-fi as well but the problem was not everyone's request was answered.

Nobody owes anybody an answer, it is a free world. It is just too messy over here for anyone to get any recommendation at all.

If all forumners can co-operate and keep all headphones recommendation requests and replies in one thread instead of starting a couple of new topics everyday, others will be drawn to this forum knowing where to look for answers specifically.

For example, @blazefire999 could have posted over here in the proposed format instead of starting a new topic:

"Currently using a beats Studio, intending to change a brand new headphone. Looking out for headphones that has strong bass like studio and it must be comfortable. Anyone can recommend?"

@kaltzbalger or any other forumners would have been able to provide a recommendation straight off instead of having to clarify with @blazefire:

"How much is your budget? Music preference?"

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...devices-314/need-help-headphones-3788550.html

If @blazefire were to have posted here as follows:

@kaltzbalger or any other forumners would have been able to provide a relevant recommendation straight away.

With this format applied to a dedicated recommendation for DAC/Amps as well, could have easily eliminated 40% of the replicating topics here.

Last edited:

Windowlover

Reaction score
Any brand for Andriod phone like S3? I want to replace current as it look so big in my ears.. any cheap and good stuff as Andriod is hard to find ...

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any brand for Andriod phone like S3? I want to replace current as it look so big in my ears.. any cheap and good stuff as Andriod is hard to find ...
i think the iPhone is much smaller than the S3 but it's an iPhone though.

Would the Galaxy Ace / Nexus One be smaller to your ears?

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
Yeah will be good to let us know =.= Android default earphones if you are talking about them not very big what

silvernoy

Reaction score
Galaxy axe not good. Used mine for 6 months then changed to motorola atrix 2. Much smoother but about same size as s2.

Reaction score

To avoid all the confusion your post had cause and get the best possible answers, please use this format:

- Budget (in figures)

Last edited:

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for a earphone/headphone, noise cancellation if possible, don't mind wireless

Your rig (Specifically for use on HTC One V)
- What type of usage (1. Lots of overseas talking has to be very clear on vocals, then music on the go and then movies)
- File format used in your source (doesn't matter)
- Genre of music you listen to (chinese pop mostly)
- Headphone / earphone type (IEM, noise cancellation, if possible wireless)
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, a must)

Reaction score
Looking for a earphone/headphone, noise cancellation if possible, don't mind wireless

Your rig (Specifically for use on HTC One V)
- What type of usage (1. Lots of overseas talking has to be very clear on vocals, then music on the go and then movies)
- File format used in your source (doesn't matter)
- Genre of music you listen to (chinese pop mostly)
- Headphone / earphone type (IEM, noise cancellation, if possible wireless)
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, a must)

It is very difficult to get 3rd party IEMs that has mic and volume control to work with HTCs.

You may want to checkout the AKG K390NC. With inline mic but no volume control and not wireless.

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The HTC One is on android right? How bout klipsch s4a?

For wireless/bluetooth I only know of sennheiser's VM or VMX series

JasK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The HTC One is on android right? How bout klipsch s4a?

For wireless/bluetooth I only know of sennheiser's VM or VMX series

yes andriod and on ICS.

i dont mind no volume control.

BmiamiHK

Reaction score
Earphone aimed at music

A great jump start into the field of earphones would be to go directly to a Shure 535 or the Westone 3. They might not be the perfect choices compared to the $450 and up Universals or custom models out there but they are better then 80% of the earphones out there. Another one that is as detailed and clear and has real organic bass with sub-bass will be the Atrios.

Reaction score
Friendly reminder!

Do very much appreciate for those looking for recommendations to do it in the following format. For sifus helping out, do consider the needs of the request instead of just making statements.

- Budget (in figures)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.