PC DREAMs, THE BEST LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP

NgiaoCi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi PC Dreams,

How much do you charge for replacing a Lenovo T61 CPU Fan ?

Also need to know the time taken.

Thanks.

NgiaoCi

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
Hi PC Dreams,

How much do you charge for replacing a Lenovo T61 CPU Fan ?

Also need to know the time taken.

Thanks.

NgiaoCi

Thanks. Did you receive the fan error msg during bootup? If yes, the replacement will include the heatsink as well.
Please let me know and I will pm you the cost. :)

Cheers

PureLife

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just to check I have a Acer8930G which just went black screened, and no matter how I tried to restart it, it just won't work. There's no response on screen, nor anything via the vga out projected to my LCD TV. What do you think could be the possible cause and cost of repair?

If I were to bring down, who am I to look out for? Hopeful for a quick reply as I'd like to bring down tomorrow.

Thanks!

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
Hi,

Just to check I have a Acer8930G which just went black screened, and no matter how I tried to restart it, it just won't work. There's no response on screen, nor anything via the vga out projected to my LCD TV. What do you think could be the possible cause and cost of repair?

If I were to bring down, who am I to look out for? Hopeful for a quick reply as I'd like to bring down tomorrow.

Thanks!

It is probably a graphics issue or northbridge issue or combination.
Check your PM for details. :)

purplebanana

Reaction score
hi my laptop hard disk is spoiled. laptop model is lenovo g470. how much would it cost to replace a hard disk? and just to check, do hard disk have individual warranty separated from laptop itself?

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
hi my laptop hard disk is spoiled. laptop model is lenovo g470. how much would it cost to replace a hard disk? and just to check, do hard disk have individual warranty separated from laptop itself?

harddisk warranty is together with the laptop unless you upgrade or change it on your own.
G470 should still have some Lenovo warranty. Why not you change it with Lenovo?

Anyway, rough guide on HDD prices now: 500GB - $95, 640GB - $115. We will add a minimal service charge if installation and services needs to be done by us. :)

Cheers

purplebanana

Reaction score
so should i go down to the funan outlet or simlim one? can collect immediate or need to leave it there for the replacement of hard disk?? might go down tomorrow. Thanks!

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
so should i go down to the funan outlet or simlim one? can collect immediate or need to leave it there for the replacement of hard disk?? might go down tomorrow. Thanks!

Funan one please.
Please check PM. :)

MetaHarimau

Reaction score
Hello!

I've had my HP Pavillion DM4 for 2 years now. The left hinge has been loose for a while but it got worse over time and it finally cracked when I tried to close my laptop.

I called the repairman from HP and he said my screen was cracked too so it can't be covered under my warranty.

I've read some of the posts and PC Dreams sounds really reliable. Can I check how much it would cost to replace the screen and the hinge? Thanks!

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
Hello!

I've had my HP Pavillion DM4 for 2 years now. The left hinge has been loose for a while but it got worse over time and it finally cracked when I tried to close my laptop.

I called the repairman from HP and he said my screen was cracked too so it can't be covered under my warranty.

I've read some of the posts and PC Dreams sounds really reliable. Can I check how much it would cost to replace the screen and the hinge? Thanks!

Thanks. Just replied in your thread before I saw your post here. We have to see which version of Dm4. Also, there are ways to lower cost if you don't mind OEM grade A screens. :)

Kindly PM me for further discussion.

Cheers!

gameover85

Reaction score
Hi PC dreams, i have a Asus K43S screen cracked. Do you have any replacement screen for this model?

bockscar

Reaction score
I was reading some forums and some people were talking about the Asus Zenbook UX32VD. Searched the ASUS website but couldnt find it in that particular configuration.

zenbook-ux32vd.jpg

Specs:
Intel Dualcore-I7 @1,9 GHZ (Turboboost 3,0 GHZ),
4GB RAM @1600MHZ,
13inch IPS-Display with 1920 x 1080 Pixel (16:9) Full-HD Resolution. Geforce 620M @1GB + Intel 4000HD.
500GB HDD + 32GB SSD (Cache).
Bluetooth, HDMI, USB 3.0, Mini-VGA.

Is this a custom model?

Any estimated costs for this?

Thanks in advanced.

xoxoyuxoxo

Reaction score
Hi PC dream, i'm using acer aspire5052AWXMi for close to 6 years now i guess. Just recently this year ,my laptop got totally hanged and no matter how times i tried to restart it,it just got really really slow.So i send it for repair and the guy told me it was due to overheating and fixed the fan and it works fine after that. But recently , it will get shut down again halfway through the starting process and i have to restart it twice or more sometimes to get it start properly. I have no clue what exactly is wrong with it, any idea? Is replacing with a new one more worth it?

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
Hi PC dreams, i have a Asus K43S screen cracked. Do you have any replacement screen for this model?

Yes. We do. PM me for the exact model for price quote. There are K43SV, SM series.

Cheers

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
I was reading some forums and some people were talking about the Asus Zenbook UX32VD. Searched the ASUS website but couldnt find it in that particular configuration.

Is this a custom model?

Any estimated costs for this?

Thanks in advanced.

It is not out yet till probably around Sept. By then most ultrabooks with be FHD 13.3". :)
Cost wise, no idea.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.