User Review: Vpost vs. Borderlinx

correctscore2011

Reaction score
after browsin thru the comments

i have came to 2 conclusion

1) borderlinx provides better and more reliable services compared to vpost (i use borderlinx and find it speedy and responsive)

2) dun expect any of the service provider to repack the items bought. they get their profit from volumetric weight charge, perhaps they have known tat most of the transporters engaged by online retailers pack the items in standard boxes with lots of space, lots of air and lot of bubble pack, etc

if you have any friends or able to leave a specific message to the online retailers, pack it as compact as possible, then borderlinx will be a good deal!

kokjj87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Vpost story
in a rut with Vpost shipments

Bought some toys from Amazon for my kids Dec 9. Items eventually reached Sacramento Vpost /shipper on Dec 12. I then discovered Amazon had used really bulky box and Vpost was looking to charge

1. $195 for something 24.4 x 7.3 x 10.6 inches ; 6.8 pounds/9 pounds shipping weight(AMAZON info)
VPOST =Volmetric Weight : 20.6 kg Actual Weight : 4.9 kg

2. $117 for something 5.1 x 5.9 x 25.8 inches ; 2 pounds/ 2.3 pounds shipping weight
VPOST= Volmetric Weight : 13.1 kg Actual Weight : 2.1 kg

Nightmare starts with my first call to their 1605 call centre. Explaining the situation sniping screenshots to their team and requesting a call back paid little returns...actuall NO return..they even asked me to email them details....emails to Vpost...dun expect acknowledgement or replies

Days later i had to call back only to the issue was stuck at re measurement ....really mad because they claim they will do a repack when volumteric weight and package weight are more than 3 kg...well based on my packages its WAY above 3kg diff

Days later after struggles with getting a call centre agent...i finally escalate to a "manager" there...amazing...she goes tells me honestly that there has been response delays from the US office so all request for repack etc NOT done

I am really mad but hold my cool since its now Dec 23th but inform her to get back to me by Dec 28th to get a solution ....by the way i send them more emails on Amazon details and the fact that Amazon can ship internationally for US$36..only reason i used them was one of the items could not ship internationally so thot why not have both shipped by vpost..worst mistake

Its Dec 29th you guessed it Vpost did not retun call...matter has not moved with US office...you see despite very very clear packaging issue...Vpost cannot seem to get their US office to repack!! WTF!! why advertise this if you cannot do it??!!!

Quote "Repacking Service
We repackage items with more than 3kg difference between their actual and volumetric weight to help you enjoy more savings4."

4 Only for packages from the USA.

I called their call centre 3 times to day to get my update...what a way to spend my day off.

It's now been 20days since i paid Amazon and this nightmare started with Vpost

I managed to speak to another manger who informed me that US (last update same) took photos of the packaging and it was obvious my shipments were large...back to point one...open the pack and REPACK!!!

Also she told me since the 20/30% discount on the shipment offered to me was not enough...they now escalated it to their management!!!

Vpost/Singpost has a nameless faceless management....their website has no corporate numbers...try to get a number different from 1605 from their call centre you won't (except for the 8 digit alternate 1605 line)

Emails are not acknowledged, phones calls not returned..looks like their call centre is the face of Vpost...all the managers...bosses are not even contactable or reachable...the highest you can escalate to is the call centre manager who can only offer a 30% discount for all the conflicts!!

Truly truly poor service for a listed company

I am truly shocked and disappointed....the company seems to have no issues with this approach given the time this has taken to look into...even worse teh communications between their US office and local one is similar to the experience of calling/emailing them....DISAPPOINTING and non-existent at times

Not sure how this nightmare ends...i probably have to return the goods...it's a shame as i already paid shipping charges for one of the items...i will have to pay shipping for both the items...

all the money i was suppose to save has gone onto the pockets of the shippers...and made me just frustrated !!

No experience with Tarazz, BL etc but the experience with the only LISTED on the stock exchange company here is just shocking...customer service follow up , communications just a huge let down

will update the saga as it unravels.fingers crossed

btw, my 2 boys were very sad not receiving their dream xmas presents

Mine is even worst..
Ebay seller send out my item on 18 Nov 2011, reached
Vpost on 28 Nov 2011. They kept sending me a email asking me to confirm the invoice.... and that link in the email is not even accessible(port 8999, think its their intranet link) ...
And I have email them multiple times.... Till I finally send one all in CAPS and RED....
And then on 09 Dec 2011, their guys finally have confirm my invoice.. so i have made my payment on 10 Dec 2011.. Till now my item is not even send out yet... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Inuyashatan

Reaction score
Borderlinx is confirmed to be a scam. I ordered several items and to my horror they charge shipping for each item individually instead of as a single consolidated package. Comgateway charge for everything one time. Now my shipping cost is ten times as much. So next, I asked for a return and they say i need to pay them $35 just for UPS to pick up from borderlinx. I was like what?!
Nevermind, I paid up and then they became silent. Payment made, items at their location suddenly lost and returns not made...
Can someone tell me Borderlinx is not a scam....

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Borderlinx is confirmed to be a scam. I ordered several items and to my horror they charge shipping for each item individually instead of as a single consolidated package. Comgateway charge for everything one time. Now my shipping cost is ten times as much. So next, I asked for a return and they say i need to pay them $35 just for UPS to pick up from borderlinx. I was like what?!
Nevermind, I paid up and then they became silent. Payment made, items at their location suddenly lost and returns not made...

Personally I have boycotted Borderlinx because of some gross miscalculations of volumetric weights which resulted in unreasonably high shipping charges that have to be rectified with them by me finding out the actual dimensions of the packages with the merchants first.

If I can't even trust the forwarder to give me an accurate calculation when I am not physically there to collect the package, I see no point in engaging their services further.

I am not sure if Borderlinx is a scam though since some people are quite satisfied with their services.

Last edited:

cliffordc

Reaction score
Use Borderlinx at your own risk. My own experience - Live Chat person polite but hapless. So far, ALL emails receive one and only one reply - the automated one. Delivered items are updated erratically. The reported weights that you are charged are more than 200% above the actual weight. And Missing items! Don't take my word for it ... check out their own Facebook page, others have reported the same problems as me - just that I am unlucky and experience it all!

I have used vPost which I find much better compared to BL - they reply their emails, packages that are delivered are updated within 12 hours. Overall, not terribly fast but vPost is steady, and honest!

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh look, we've been infiltrated by SingPost staff. 3 identical posts, bashing BL and promoting Vpost.

Read the other posts. Vpost has been terrible, and *everyone* says to avoid them. You've been warned. Of all the services I've used, I like BL the best - their only downside is the requirement of a Citibank CC. Their live chat has always been helpful, and even gave me a small discount once to push my carriage price down so I wouldn't incur GST. BL's chat staff are knowledgeable and empowered - I can't say the same for CGW however.

cliffordc

Ayden1977

Reaction score
Contact

Is there anybody in Management I can contact (email address or phone number) to feedback on the amazing poor service they are providing - basically promises and no action.. plus action on a package lost by SingPost/vPost?

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there anybody in Management I can contact (email address or phone number) to feedback on the amazing poor service they are providing - basically promises and no action.. plus action on a package lost by SingPost/vPost?

www.vpost.com.sg

On the bottom of every page on that site, there is a "Contact Us" link which includes their address, phone number, and a feedback form.

Do you also need help putting on your shoes each morning? I could help you with that for a small fee...

dreant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Riley0826

Really? Whats with all these employees infiltrating our forums?

MyUS cost for shipping a 10lbs package: USD89.46
Borderlinx cost for shipping the same package: USD41.86
CGW cost for shipping the same package: USD42.20

Basically, the gimmick is in doubling the shipping rate. As such, it would seem you'll almost always pay more with MyUS.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been reading through everyone's horror stories about vpost and borderlinx for awhile and wanted to recommend myus to you all. They explained how they calculate the shipping cost really well in their blog and they have the lowest cost for doing so.

Length x Width x Height divided by 300 (MyUS DIM Factor) = Dimensional Weight
OR
Length x Width x Height divided by 138 (Other company's DIM Factor) = Dimensional Weight

Example: A 10” x 12” x 15” box that has an actual scale weight of 3lbs. actually has a DIM weight of 6lbs. Because the DIM weight is greater than the actual scale weight, the delivery carrier through MyUS will charge 6lbs. for shipping your package. If you were to use Borderlinx or vPost, they'd charge you 13lbs for the same package.

No matter how vPost and Borderlinx suck, they are way better than MyUS.

For starters, they are way more affordable than MyUS. Wanna talk about competition? Price your services more in line with what most consumers are willing to accept.

I have not even started mentioning about how negative reviews are about MyUS. :s13:

tingyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone try asking borderlinx to change total goods value? How do u calculate ship cost include fuel charge. Parcel est size 16"x16"x10"

CS SingPost

Suspended
Reaction score
Dear Ayden1977, can you send us your details e.g. VP number for us to contact you. Thank you.

zoossh

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use Borderlinx at your own risk. My own experience - Live Chat person polite but hapless. So far, ALL emails receive one and only one reply - the automated one. Delivered items are updated erratically. The reported weights that you are charged are more than 200% above the actual weight. And Missing items! Don't take my word for it ... check out their own Facebook page, others have reported the same problems as me - just that I am unlucky and experience it all!

I have used vPost which I find much better compared to BL - they reply their emails, packages that are delivered are updated within 12 hours. Overall, not terribly fast but vPost is steady, and honest!

had always had good/fair experience with borderlinx until this time. confused the various items in my suite, 5 enquiries made, 2 offline, 3 online and thrice they told me will reply in 24hrs. never done. drag on over a week and dunno if they will drag over the 2nd weekend. obviously the person at the warehouse not doing his job and only bother to check one item out of three (and which is not just wrong, but alternating wrong). had he checked all 3 items, then any lapses would be obvious and rectified.

other problems with borderlinx

they do not work over weekend, much like most other companies. but inconsistent delivery. if u release item at 1am of friday, they may be send on fri pm if u r lucky, or even on tues even if u paid for expedited delivery and unlucky.

but singpost lagi worst. numerous times they fail to deliver, sometimes there will be a letter put outside, sometimes there isn't. what is unforgivable is, u can't arrange to have it redelivered the next day, it had to be the day after next. obvious policy flaw and practice failure.

correctscore2011

Reaction score

you should have read up the the norm for borderlinx... never state they will consolidate for you in the first place... sorry!

playfool

Reaction score
just had problems with vpost. 9kg package but 31kg volumetric. I'm sure amazon packed a box in a box due to multiple packages. Vpost advertised on their website any difference of 3kg will be repacked but this was not done and you can't execute that instruction online.

playfool

Reaction score
just had problems with vpost. 9kg package but 31kg volumetric. I'm sure amazon packed a box in a box due to multiple packages. Vpost advertised on their website any difference of 3kg will be repacked but this was not done and you can't execute that instruction online.

update to service levels in Vpost.

1. They only send you emails and do not call you to inform you when you log cases with them.
2. After talking to 3 CSRs and emails from 4 CSRs issue still not resolved.
3. Apparently they have internal process for SG to do APPROVALS for repackaging so the "repackage if difference of 3kg" on their FAQ is highly doubtful. suspect this is to prevent revenue leakage.
4. after 2.5 weeks my package is still in US and i got an email for "make payment or you will be served storage charges"
5. They sent me a picture of my package with a small box in a large box and CSR told me in the email they cannot repack. I had to call and ask the CSR "what do you see in the picture, do i need that stuffing paper in between the boxes?" before she agreed to trigger off approval process for repackaging.
6. One of the CSR told me on phone they do not do repacking for single shipment cos the system doesnt support. suspect i m being smoked by that one...

hope this feedback helps other bros decide which service to use in future.

To add on during my last package (shared with my dude cos he was shipping stuff), the vpost guy asked my fren to come to his house collect in Pasir Ris meaning they actually take your packages home... not sure if that is SOP or just a single exceptional case!!

DestinyDreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Probably vpost staff posting positive comments here. Just google vpost complaints, inefficient and missing parcels. The truth is out there. Everyone knows vpost is the one of the worst reshipping coy managed by foreign workers. Customer service rep only give copy and pasted answers. Never use Vpost service unless u wanna regret.

Sil3ncer07

Reaction score
i am not so experienced in intentional purchases but the moment i read that vPost DOES NOT provide physical consolidations of packages...i just clicked the "X" on my vPOST tab in my browser...becos _|_ the lazy FTs in there...

i don't care about that generalisation

No results, no talk...and the very last time, SpeedPost dared to delay my industry cert...asking for it only...

fockyerdod3r

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably vpost staff posting positive comments here. Just google vpost complaints, inefficient and missing parcels. The truth is out there. Everyone knows vpost is the one of the worst reshipping coy managed by foreign workers. Customer service rep only give copy and pasted answers. Never use Vpost service unless u wanna regret.

Thanks! I'll go with BL.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.