Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

Teng Zai

Reaction score
I haven't heard the EPH-100 so no comment. Among the SE215, GR07 and MG7 my favorite is GR07. In short: If you want bass, go for MG7. If you want an all rounder with great clarity and soundstage with slightly warm signature get GR07. SE215 just falls short in almost every aspect by GR07 (except maybe bass impact, but not bass quality). Not to mention SE215 has durability issues (mostly cable).

Thanks for the insight, bro.
Is there anyone who is able to compare the GR07 with the EPH-100?

Teng Zai

Reaction score
You can browse head-fi...

I have, but there are many different opinions on both with no general direction of which is the better. I am leaning towards the EPH-100 for it's heavier bass as compared to the gr07.

silvernoy

Reaction score
I have, but there are many different opinions on both with no general direction of which is the better. I am leaning towards the EPH-100 for it's heavier bass as compared to the gr07.

i have the eph-100.

my genre of songs : pop, rock, rnb, electronic, vocal and indie.

and they handle these genre quite well to me.
but take our words with only a little weight.
end of the day, i suggest get a few models that you are interested in, go try it out.
eph-100 can be found at digi lifestyle, if you want to compare all, i would say go to plaza sing, try the gr07 and se215, then go katong(take bus very fast reach) try eph-100. not sure about the mg7 though.

:)

Teng Zai

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, silvernoy. I've reserved the EPH-100 from DG Lifestyle. Unfortunately, I have to wait 2 weeks for the stocks to come in :(

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VSonic GR07. Very good all rounder, not bass heavy but still has good quality bass for the price.

TDK EB950/Sunrise Xcape IE? Very highly rated by ClieOS (In Ear Matters: The List) . I found them very good for the price as well. Slightly above SGD100 though. $110 maybe?

And for PMP with lossless below 100 hands down is Sansa Clip+. Cannot find a better player out there with the price.
thanks for the recommendations. possible to find one below 100 thats Balanced? And what's the diff between fuse, clip and clip+?

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for the recommendations. possible to find one below 100 thats Balanced? And what's the diff between fuse, clip and clip+?

Fuze got line out, but more ex cause discontinued alr.

Clip is discontinued and obsolete, completely replaced by Clip+ and Clip Zip

And Clip+ well.. Is a good, cheap player, if really wanna nitpick the only cons I find are the quite short battery life and lack of line out (not like I'm using an amp atm)

silvernoy

Reaction score
Fuze got line out, but more ex cause discontinued alr.

Clip is discontinued and obsolete, completely replaced by Clip+ and Clip Zip

And Clip+ well.. Is a good, cheap player, if really wanna nitpick the only cons I find are the quite short battery life and lack of line out (not like I'm using an amp atm)

Dont mind me asking fuze vs clip+/zip how would you all compqre it? In terms of battery life/screensize/durability/UI/sound quality

Insomnesiac

Reaction score
Places

Does anyone have recommendations for places that allows us to try out headphones before buying?

Teng Zai

Reaction score
you tried it already?

yay another EPH-100 user! :s12:

Got my set already today! Staff manage to get me one reserved set from another buyer who is unable to collect because he is overseas.
Cant wait to test it out!

Reaction score
Friendly reminder!

Do very much appreciate for those looking for recommendations to do it in the following format. For sifus helping out, do consider the needs of the request instead of just making statements.

- Your rig (mp3 players, amps, soundcard etc)
- What type of usage (movies/ gaming/ music etc)
- File format used in your source (i.e. flac, mp3 etc)
- Genre of music you listen to (classical, jazz, metal, etc)
- Headphone / earphone type (closed, open, cirumaural, IEM etc)
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, 5.1ch, 7.1ch etc)
- Budget (in figures)

kaltzbalger

Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for places that allows us to try out headphones before buying?
Jaben at Adelphi, Stereo at ION/Plaza Sing, Soundwaves at Katong I12

Got my set already today! Staff manage to get me one reserved set from another buyer who is unable to collect because he is overseas.
Cant wait to test it out!
Great! Please post short review after burn in :) Most importantly enjoy your new IEM!

Emospence

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont mind me asking fuze vs clip+/zip how would you all compqre it? In terms of battery life/screensize/durability/UI/sound quality

I only have experience with my own Clip+.

But from what I read, Fuze should have a bit longer battery life, larger screen.

Durability, UI and SQ should be similar.

Clip Zip got colour screen, Clip+ don't have.

Clip+ and Fuze got stable Rockbox versions, Clip Zip don't have yet.

rollbread

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a headphone to connect to my ps3. Can help recommend one? I'm thinking of connect directly to the ps3.

- What type of usage - Gaming
- Headphone (closed or open)
- Other requirements (Preferably have volume control and 5.1ch)
- Budget (Below $100)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.