SMU ppl come ah!

brokenshardz

Reaction score
anyone has a BOSS guide for freshmen?

Nope. Haha. Tell you frankly, BOSS bidding is still one of the mysteries of SMU. Only thing seniors can advise are to check prior bids in the previous years, and make sure you clear enough mods to graduate in time. And oh, you may want to bid with friends since there are group work to be done for most mods.

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
Nope. Haha. Tell you frankly, BOSS bidding is still one of the mysteries of SMU. Only thing seniors can advise are to check prior bids in the previous years, and make sure you clear enough mods to graduate in time. And oh, you may want to bid with friends since there are group work to be done for most mods.

Yea bidding with your group, damn scared cannot find a good group to last 4 years :(

By Boss guide i mean the one they disseminate to freshies during their first year...you have?

Last edited:

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I don't recommend having a few friends to group till year 4. Afterall, when you graduate, most of them are not going to be with you anymore. Learning how to work with different kinds of people is a useful skill if you ask me.

Having said that, I'm looking for computational thinking team or classmates for year12/13 term 2.

Anyone? It'll be interesting to form team with random people off the net.

Last edited:

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, I don't recommend having a few friends to group till year 4. Afterall, when you graduate, most of them are not going to be with you anymore. Learning how to work with different kinds of people is a useful skill if you ask me.

Having said that, I'm looking for computational thinking team or classmates for year12/13 term 2.

Anyone? It'll be interesting to form team with random people off the net.

it's a good skill la but maintenence of GPA is of utmost impt too..

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
very true hahha.....plan ur bid wisely...account for inflation. Usually the e$ is more than enough if u spread ur bids correctly, its no rocket science.

As for bidding with friends, just an advise and note that good friends arent necessary good co-workers etc. So make sure you take extra care when working with friends, for relationships will sour one

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
very true hahha.....plan ur bid wisely...account for inflation. Usually the e$ is more than enough if u spread ur bids correctly, its no rocket science.

As for bidding with friends, just an advise and note that good friends arent necessary good co-workers etc. So make sure you take extra care when working with friends, for relationships will sour one

Good friend when enter. Enemy when graduate

Youwin

Reaction score
no one has called me to inform me of ftb! It's the first run already :((

Me too!!! But I just sent in an email to them and they said only run 3 and 4 is available now so I requested for run 3 because i cant make it for run 4. Heard that run 4 has a lot of international students. Maybe you can email them too!

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
Me too!!! But I just sent in an email to them and they said only run 3 and 4 is available now so I requested for run 3 because i cant make it for run 4. Heard that run 4 has a lot of international students. Maybe you can email them too!

is it really true about the international students part?

v3ng3anc3z

Reaction score
Hello!

So few SMU people around? :(

Acc freshie here... gg for ftb run 2, acc camp and rotaract.

Looking forward to makings lots of new friends and having a great 4 years :s12::s12::s12:

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
during my time. I've also heard a lot about run 4 having lots of international students, reason I guess is because most just arriving Singapore and thus unavailable for first few runs.

Anyway, I was from run 3 if I recall correctly. I think run 3 should be the best because it's toned down as compared to run 1 and 2.

Votre Altesse

Reaction score

email who? can gimme the add please? thanks

if it's true that means i can only make in for run 3.. was thinking of either run 2 or 3 because i won't be able to make it for run 4

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
run 4 lor haha

They called you and told you that you are assigned to run 4? Haha international or local we are all still smu students! :)

no, i was assigned to 3 but i asked for 4. If really too much international students i'll pretend to be sick then be sent home lololol

maybe got ang mo? :o

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.