View Single Post
Old 10-06-2003, 06:27 AM   #49
demouse
Master Member

Milan switch delights Cafu

Brazilian World Cup captain Marcos Cafu has spoken for the first time after sealing a move to Milan.

"Iím delighted to be playing for the Rossoneri because this is a great club," he told the Milan website.

"I feel privileged that this outfit has chosen me and I hope to honour this shirt in every opportunity that I am given."

The Italian giants today confirmed that they had signed the 33-year-old after his contract with Roma expired.

"I canít wait to play my first game at the San Siro," he continued. "Iím already concentrating on the new campaign in which I am looking to win as much as possible."

Cafu becomes the latest Brazilian to join the ranks as Dida, Roque Junior and Rivaldo are already at the club.

"It should be a good atmosphere for us," he added. "I know them all well and they are great players.

"We Brazilians are always happy when we have the chance to spend time with each other.

"I also expect Rivaldo to make a real impact next year. It is only normal that it takes time for someone to get used to a new environment.

"Yet he now knows how the Italian game works and he will be a real protagonist in the new season."
demouse is offline   Reply With Quote