Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im also using mit lancer glx
Sighting points is the same for all cars
Juz adjust the mirror to ur comfort
PDI have their own teaching like, reach triangle full lock, reach handle bar blah blah etc
If u follow his instruction but the turn is too late, simply adjust urself by turning earlier before the triangle
Tall and short people views are diff
Always be flexible, when u have difficulties in following certain method, adjust urself to match the method
Driving cannot always follow the book one

that's quite true. i have a forklift license from PSA, got it during army. haha. sometimes have to use "feeling" for parking and eyes to guage. my pdi say its like fitting your car into a puzzle. that's how i learn.

but parallel still strike kerb when moving out. hahaha :s22:

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that's quite true. i have a forklift license from PSA, got it during army. haha. sometimes have to use "feeling" for parking and eyes to guage. my pdi say its like fitting your car into a puzzle. that's how i learn.

but parallel still strike kerb when moving out. hahaha :s22:

When u are inside the lot, move abit forward first
After that full lock to the left and reverse
Then full lock to the right to move out

Wont kena kerb de
The parking space is big enough

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When u are inside the lot, move abit forward first
After that full lock to the left and reverse
Then full lock to the right to move out

Wont kena kerb de
The parking space is big enough

yup. i was over-confident, i never move forward. grrr.

i use the left 1 turn, then abit tilt-ed, then full right, move out. haha.. 2nd time maybe can pass

c0roNa

Reaction score
Hi all, took my driving test yesterday for the first time and i thankfully passed. Here to share my 2 cents.

With regards to attire, ultimately it is a driving test and its the skills you possess that matter, what you wear/dont wear possibly does not have any bearing on your grade. For me, all i wore was a fred perry shirt, bermudas and slippers.

i took the CDC 345pm slot and there were hell lot of cars in the circuit at roughly 2+pm.

Parking wise, check those blind spots! i didnt touch any curbs but i still got 10 points from parking. 1) failing to confirm safety, 2) 'moving steering wheel while vehicle is stationary'

For my slope, i recalled that i took 2 attempts to get up, first attempt my car stalled on me after i took too long to release the handbrake. Yeah well dont panic and just remind yourself what to do even if you are at your 5th attempt.

Out of the circuit, well, the tester decided to take a route that my instructor had never gone through with me before, enough said.

Advice is, whatever **** happens during the test, i.e engine stall, strike curb all that crap.. just ignore and continue doing the test only. dont panic, keep a cool head and despite all the other disturbances present, its your driving skills that count ultimately. Best of luck!

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, took my driving test yesterday for the first time and i thankfully passed. Here to share my 2 cents.

With regards to attire, ultimately it is a driving test and its the skills you possess that matter, what you wear/dont wear possibly does not have any bearing on your grade. For me, all i wore was a fred perry shirt, bermudas and slippers.

i took the CDC 345pm slot and there were hell lot of cars in the circuit at roughly 2+pm.

Parking wise, check those blind spots! i didnt touch any curbs but i still got 10 points from parking. 1) failing to confirm safety, 2) 'moving steering wheel while vehicle is stationary'

For my slope, i recalled that i took 2 attempts to get up, first attempt my car stalled on me after i took too long to release the handbrake. Yeah well dont panic and just remind yourself what to do even if you are at your 5th attempt.

Out of the circuit, well, the tester decided to take a route that my instructor had never gone through with me before, enough said.

Advice is, whatever **** happens during the test, i.e engine stall, strike curb all that crap.. just ignore and continue doing the test only. dont panic, keep a cool head and despite all the other disturbances present, its your driving skills that count ultimately. Best of luck!

i wore slippers too and i passed also. However all the instructors complained when i wore slippers and i had a revision that day and also warm up, they told me my attire not appropriate. but they just saying lah

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my steps for slope ah.

i use gear 1 go up the slope, stop at stop line. Brake and Clutch in, neutral + handbrake. Clutch in again. left hand on handbrake, accelerate around 2k rpm, half clutch till biting point and hold there, car floating, rpm will drop, accelerate till 2k to 2.5k rpm, release handbrake, the car will go up. you will feel the power in the car, when reach the top, clutch in and standby brake, stop at stop line, wait for instruction to turn left or right, then signal, safety check before moving off and carry on.

check all mirrors lor. incase! haha i learnt my lesson!

quite standard. the last few pointers from some bros here are good! i used their method and my slope was perfect.

but i still fail though! need wayang! i check blindspot but not exaggerating enough. check rear view mirror also. I never tilt my head up.

just now when filtering into main road, i was moving from stationary position, i check my blindspot then was about to move off, this stupid honda jazz speed towards my lane, tester has to pull handbrake. i stunned, but i move off.

tester nv fault me for that but i think he minus me 4 points for failure to check blind spot. i think that enough will be immediate failure

eventually will pass, just take time and pay more money. lol. after 1st test experience, next test shld be a breeze since i know how is it like to be in test.

if not because of the kerb, i perfect my circuit! :( over-confident kills
the one underlined is wrong
don't ever clutch in when you reach the top and let the car roll down, will get penalized for failing to use engine brake
just maintain your half clutch position until the car climb til the top, then release both your legs, no need step anything
then standby when the car reach halfway down the slope, then brake + clutch in
yup. i was over-confident, i never move forward. grrr.

i use the left 1 turn, then abit tilt-ed, then full right, move out. haha.. 2nd time maybe can pass

my instructor never teach me to tilt car one sia :vijayadmin:
just ask me reverse back until very close to the back kerb then do safety check and move out while faster full lock right

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the one underlined is wrong
don't ever clutch in when you reach the top and let the car roll down, will get penalized for failing to use engine brake
just maintain your half clutch position until the car climb til the top, then release both your legs, no need step anything
then standby when the car reach halfway down the slope, then brake + clutch in

my instructor never teach me to tilt car one sia :vijayadmin:
just ask me reverse back until very close to the back kerb then do safety check and move out while faster full lock right

what i do was, clutch in when i am rolling down towards the stop line + apply foot brake gently before full stop

if reverse all the way, might hit back kerb? when doing warmup, i reverse and tilt the car abit towards the right, before full lock right. maybe this method can prevent hit the front kerb?

safety check. haha this thing i hear alr :(

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wearing slippers is taking a risk
Yes u may have pass with slippers but it is not appropriate
And also yes, ultimately they are testing our driving skill
Why not u try making a phone call with bluetooth headset while taking the test?
See whether can u pass with that

Our result lies on the tester
They can fail u on anything
So why create a risk in the first place?
Is it very hard to wear shoes?

Do not assume doing this or that coz u did it and pass
Ever heard of certain famous tester who always fail people?
I wonder can u pass ur test if u kena that tester

Anyway congratz on ur test
Drive safe :o

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:s13:
there exist a very wide variability between each tester and even the test time period for the day
so it's true, what you did might be correct to one tester but wrong to another tester
so in order to reduce the possibility of doing the wrong things, stick to the mindset that being safe better than sorry :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that means i tio suay today. haha the tester wanna fail me. haha

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i do was, clutch in when i am rolling down towards the stop line + apply foot brake gently before full stop

if reverse all the way, might hit back kerb? when doing warmup, i reverse and tilt the car abit towards the right, before full lock right. maybe this method can prevent hit the front kerb?

better to clutch in only when you halfway down the slope in case next time the other tester will give you points

since during parallel park must bend down mirrors, my instructor tell me to adjust it such that i can see the rear wheels, so i just reverse all the way and stop just before hitting the back kerb. everytime practice do that until sibei pro liao can stop nice nice very near kerb without hitting

as for safety checks, sometimes is not because you don't check but is because some testers don't know PMS or what don't feel like letting you pass but then you never do any more major mistaks so they just give some here and there
2~3 weeks back my friend took his TP as well, and can you believe or not he failed because he got 10 points for insufficient acceleration while on the road :s13::s13::s13:

so i still believe that luck plays a part for TP test
as for checking just do everything until sibei wayang, check blind spot turn as much as you can to look back, if you want can even say out like: signal right, rear mirror, side mirror+ blind spot, clear!
during my last few lessons i keep making a conscious effort to lift up my chin and head to the left abit to look at the rear mirror so that is more obvious
as for safety checks during parking/directional change, take all the time you want to scan fully around the car 360 degree

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better to clutch in only when you halfway down the slope in case next time the other tester will give you points

since during parallel park must bend down mirrors, my instructor tell me to adjust it such that i can see the rear wheels, so i just reverse all the way and stop just before hitting the back kerb. everytime practice do that until sibei pro liao can stop nice nice very near kerb without hitting

as for safety checks, sometimes is not because you don't check but is because some testers don't know PMS or what don't feel like letting you pass but then you never do any more major mistaks so they just give some here and there
2~3 weeks back my friend took his TP as well, and can you believe or not he failed because he got 10 points for insufficient acceleration while on the road :s13::s13::s13:

so i still believe that luck plays a part for TP test
as for checking just do everything until sibei wayang, check blind spot turn as much as you can to look back, if you want can even say out like: signal right, rear mirror, side mirror+ blind spot, clear!
during my last few lessons i keep making a conscious effort to lift up my chin and head to the left abit to look at the rear mirror so that is more obvious
as for safety checks during parking/directional change, take all the time you want to scan fully around the car 360 degree

oh god, i think the tester hit quota to pass people already.

for parking and directional change, i take my time to check.

haha he award me points for main road. :s22: now that you all say these, i feel so much better on myself. meaning its not my skills that is lousy. haha is either i did not make enough effort for safety checks or the tester PMS. haha.

i also will request to practice during my last few revision lesson before tp for parking to gauge the tires to kerb.

my friend pass his 2nd time by voicing out that he's checking blind spot. haha epic. lol

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haha he award me points for main road. :s22: now that you all say these, i feel so much better on myself. meaning its not my skills that is lousy. haha is either i did not make enough effort for safety checks or the tester PMS. haha.

i also will request to practice during my last few revision lesson before tp for parking to gauge the tires to kerb.

my friend pass his 2nd time by voicing out that he's checking blind spot. haha epic. lol

ur fren lucky ar
usually voice out no use one :s13:

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

as for the one underlined, i would say that don't try during the last few lessons
because when you try new things have to get some time to be comfortable with it and stopping just before the back kerb without hitting will take some time to practice and get used to it
if you want maybe can ask your instructor teach you, but most likely they will say stick to their method since it's safer and lower chance to hit kerb, and also since you have been using that method all along it may be easier to improve on it rather than learn a new trick
because by reversing straight until the back kerb, you car is still straight when you are turning out so you need to have very fast hands to full lock right the moment your car move and you also need to know when to straighten the wheel after you turn out and when to steer back into lane

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw, if I release footbrake and clutch is fully in, and I try turning the steering wheel, is it considered steering while veh is in stationary position?

c0roNa

Reaction score

Man, chill! you make it sound as if i was playing punk, want test system by wearing slippers. For all the lessons that i took, i wore slippers there and i wanted the test conditions to be similar to that.
I did not assume a thing, all i wanted was to debunk the 'myth' that wearing slippers does not mean you are more likely to fail and that what matters is the skills of the driver.

yknyong1

Master Member
Reaction score
as for the one underlined, i would say that don't try during the last few lessons
because when you try new things have to get some time to be comfortable with it and stopping just before the back kerb without hitting will take some time to practice and get used to it
if you want maybe can ask your instructor teach you, but most likely they will say stick to their method since it's safer and lower chance to hit kerb, and also since you have been using that method all along it may be easier to improve on it rather than learn a new trick
because by reversing straight until the back kerb, you car is still straight when you are turning out so you need to have very fast hands to full lock right the moment your car move and you also need to know when to straighten the wheel after you turn out and when to steer back into lane
Haiyo, the full lock right to turn out method no need fast hands at all. What gaoxing84 lacks is his half-clutch control. He should just let the car move very slowly using clutch only as he turns full lock right. I used this method to turn out and have never strike kerb before.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Man, chill! you make it sound as if i was playing punk, want test system by wearing slippers. For all the lessons that i took, i wore slippers there and i wanted the test conditions to be similar to that.
I did not assume a thing, all i wanted was to debunk the 'myth' that wearing slippers does not mean you are more likely to fail and that what matters is the skills of the driver.

I get ur point
Im not saying u play punk or what
Im juz telling u that dun create unnecessary stuff for the tester to mark u
Give u an example
Why do people wear formal when going for interview?
Simple rite?
Is to give the interviewer a good impression
As for TP, if u met a tester that is particular on dress code, he would have given u points before u crank the engine

All this is very basic in real life
First impression is important as u do not know what kind person u are dealing with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.