How many times of Driving Tests (TP) you took to pass? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiyo, the full lock right to turn out method no need fast hands at all. What gaoxing84 lacks is his half-clutch control. He should just let the car move very slowly using clutch only as he turns full lock right. I used this method to turn out and have never strike kerb before.

Usually when i do parallel i sibei kanchiong, duno i turn how many rounds :s13:

But yes, no need really turn until too fast, usually i will gas a little bit, then half-clutch, then full lock right, still wont hit kerb.

Provided before i turn out i did reverse back enough :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiyo, the full lock right to turn out method no need fast hands at all. What gaoxing84 lacks is his half-clutch control. He should just let the car move very slowly using clutch only as he turns full lock right. I used this method to turn out and have never strike kerb before.

ya. when i park, i hardly use gas, most of the time is on half-clutch/full clutch to control the speed.

was careless not moving forward before reversing half left and turn out. haha. over-confident.

never strike kerb before during practice. lol

but thanks for the pointer !:s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually when i do parallel i sibei kanchiong, duno i turn how many rounds :s13:

But yes, no need really turn until too fast, usually i will gas a little bit, then half-clutch, then full lock right, still wont hit kerb.

Provided before i turn out i did reverse back enough :s13:

i reverse too much! :( haha

raymondliu

Reaction score
1st try and passed today at SSDC 3.40 slot. Blur out when going out of parallel parking. Total point awarded, 12. SSDC student. Recently Woodland industrial area have a lot of road work. Please be careful when lane changing.

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Reaction score
ya. when i park, i hardly use gas, most of the time is on half-clutch/full clutch to control the speed.

was careless not moving forward before reversing half left and turn out. haha. over-confident.

never strike kerb before during practice. lol

but thanks for the pointer !:s12:

oh, no wonder my instructor never fails to say i park too fast. ask me slowly do. I only apply half clutch when i already aligned my car LOL

Kopi_Lui

Master Member
Reaction score
1st try and passed today at SSDC 3.40 slot. Blur out when going out of parallel parking. Total point awarded, 12. SSDC student. Recently Woodland industrial area have a lot of road work. Please be careful when lane changing.

grats bro. Same as me, first try, SSDC student and 12 points :) but mine is 2.45pm slot haha

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, no wonder my instructor never fails to say i park too fast. ask me slowly do. I only apply half clutch when i already aligned my car LOL

i never even touch my gas when i do my both parking lor
juz half clutch all the way only

today114

Reaction score
how come when take parking, need adjust mirror?

thought the car auto tilts that mirror when gear in reverse? or cannot use during test wor?

orangekid92

Reaction score

Congrats bro!! Anyway, whose your tester and what was your mistakes?

Last edited:

raymondliu

Reaction score
Congrats bro!! Anyway, whose your tester and what was your mistakes?

Hello!, here are my follow mistake.

1)Fail to use appropriate gear ( i change to gear 4 too fast)
2)fail to check blind spot
3)incorrect positioning (There is road work near junction, i fail to keep left when positioning the car at junction @ wld ave 9 x wld ave 4)
4)Change lane abruptly
5)speed too slow for road
6)fail to look out for traff/pedestrians ( SSDC entrance)

My tester, Mr Yeo ( not sure if good idea to post full name)

* Advice - if you pass your TP, do remember to take Q number at TP counter to apple your license card($50 - Nets only) before you go level 4 to watch the video. they close at 5 pm sharp.

Good lucky :)

PS: Thanks to everyone in this thread, Learn a lot of tips and not to do list :)

Last edited:

orangekid92

Reaction score
Hello!, here are my follow mistake.

1)Fail to use appropriate gear ( i change to gear 4 too fast)
2)fail to check blind spot
3)incorrect positioning (There is road work near junction, i fail to keep left when positioning the car at junction @ wld ave 9 x wld ave 4)
4)Change lane abruptly
5)speed too slow for road
6)fail to look out for traff/pedestrians ( SSDC entrance)

My tester, Mr Yeo ( not sure if good idea to post full name)

* Advice - if you pass your TP, do remember to take Q number at TP counter to apple your license card($50 - Nets only) before you go level 4 to watch the video. they close at 5 pm sharp.

Good lucky :)

PS: Thanks to everyone in this thread, Learn a lot of tips and not to do list :)

Noted!! Means you didn't get any points deducted off circuit? Mind telling me what are the safety steps in circuit and the things to look out for?

raymondliu

Reaction score
Noted!! Means you didn't get any points deducted off circuit? Mind telling me what are the safety steps in circuit and the things to look out for?

Nope, Just drive slowly and do all the safety checks. Don't rush, and stay focus.

Are you a private or ssdc student? I strongly recommend to pre book, Mr Ng 5969 for your last few lesson. He is sharp and detail to point out all my mistake.

My facial expression was very fierce that day ( cos tester facial expression also not so friendly, dont know if it helps :X),I did not smile or make a single sound.

Last edited:

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope, Just drive slowly and do all the safety checks. Don't rush, and stay focus.

Are you a private or ssdc student? I strongly recommend to pre book, Mr Ng 5969 for your last few lesson. He is sharp and detail to point out all my mistake.

My facial expression was very fierce that day ( cos tester facial expression also not so friendly, dont know if it helps :X),I did not smile or make a single sound.

my tester also straightaway black face from the start
even worse was when we went into the debrief room, he totally exploded until everyone looking at me, sibei pai seh :s13::s13::s13:
ssdc as well

orangekid92

Reaction score

Im a private student!! Haha, really afraid that the tester will deduct points for my parking!! My private instructer didnt really explain to me the safety checks. Just told me to look behind once and start reversing already! Mind telling me the steps for safety checks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.