Free Advice/Discussion on Bank Mortgage loan

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Planning to purchase a property but not sure how much the bank is willing to lend you?
Do an Approval in Principle(AIP) and it will solve your problem

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Confused on which package to take?
Wondering which bank gives you the best package?
Unfamiliar with the terms
1) SIBOR?
2) SOR?
3) fixed?
4) floating ?
Looking to get the best package but still need some advice?

Drop me a message on your situation and Housing Matters will assist you according to your needs :)

boeing2000

Reaction score
Loan eligibility

Hi..could you pls advise on the loan eligibility criteria...I have outstanding personal loans with banks but with a good credit history..
Iam planning to buy an hdb with a 400k bank loan..monthly salary excluding bonus is around 8k+
tks

simpmort12

Reaction score
search which banks is giving you more benefits.

---------
regards,
Simpmort12
free case rebate when finance a loan through simplymortgage.com.sg

slang

Master Member
Reaction score
Would like to ask if any of you have such experience or anyone can advise on this...

my aunt is planning to buy a pte property. However she is still serving a loan for her HDB flat which she has stayed for about 8 years.

In order to be granted an 80% bank loan of her new pte property, does she has to first sell away her HDB flat?
Is there anyway she can buy Pte property first, and be given a deadline to sell her HDB at a later date so as to be granted 80% bank loan to her new property?

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Slang,

If your aunt is planning to get a 80% loan for her Pte Property, she have 2 options
1) Fully repay her HDB property and obtain a 80% loan for her private property
2) Sell her HDB and obtain a 80% loan.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Boeing2000,

Shouldnt be a big issue for you. It will be good to get an Approval In Principle from the bank before proceeding with the purchase of your HDB.

gohlex

Reaction score
Hi Fifa2006,

would like to ask, is a hdb co-owner must necessarily be a mortgage loan borrower/co-borrower? (assuming the mortgage loan main applicant's salary is enough to for the required loan amount). or is it hdb co-owner(mortgagor) are always equals to borrower in term of bank loan?

Thanks

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi gohlex,

Unlike Private Property, HDB owner/co-owner are required to be the borrower / co borrower of the loan

gohlex

Reaction score
Hi gohlex,

Unlike Private Property, HDB owner/co-owner are required to be the borrower / co borrower of the loan

Hi Fifa2006,

thanks very much for the clarification. appreciate if you could also advice on the following:

if the co-borrower in this case is not using CPF or cash to pay any portion of the monthly installment, he/she will no need to buy any HPS or Mortgage insurance right?

Thanks again.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Gohlex,
I am not the best person to advice you on Mortgage Insurance just in case i give you the wrong information. If you want, i can get one of my trusted Financial Advisor to get to you else you can get those bank package with mortgage insurance so it will solve your problem :)

realconsultant

Reaction score
Hi fifa2006,

I visited your website...I am confuse.

Are you a property agent , mobile banker or mortgage broker?

thank you.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Realconsultant,

I am a Mortgage Broker. To enhance my service to my customer, i also obtain property license from a property agency to serve my clients on their properties if they need :)

Fifa2006

Reaction score
As of 05 Sept 2012

1M Sibor : 0.31375
3M Sibor : 0.37917
6M Sibor : 0.43625
9M Sibor : 0.50000
12M Sibor: 0.56750

1M SOR : 0.27719
3M SOR : 0.40453
6M SOR : 0.59847
9M SOR : 0.73496
12M SOR : 0.87080

hamdanz

Reaction score
HDB refinance

Sent a PM but there were no response..

Anyway would appreciate if anybody could advise..

- I am in the process of buying a HDB resale and selling my current HDB. This is a "Buy Now, Sell Later thing".

- My 1st appointment to buy is already over and resale completion will be somewhere in October. I'm taking HDB concessionary loan.

- My 1st appointment to sell will be next week.

What I understand will ultimately happen is that I have to use 50% of my cash proceeds to reduce the loan of my new flat.

What I would like to know whether is it possible to refinance the loan of my new resale using a bank loan, before hdb take my 50% ?

Thanks...

ngoost

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently helping my brother looking for bank loan on private property loan amount ~$655k. property Under construction. so far best found is

HSBC 1-3rd year = 0.7+1mth SIBOR, 4th year onwards 1.25 + 1mth.

DBS 1-3rd year = 0.75+1mth SIBOR, 4th year onwards 1 + 1mth.

Pls advise which is the better.

Fifa2006

Reaction score
Hi Hamdanz & ngoost,

I have replied to your private message. Do take a look.
For those with enquires , it will be good if you can drop me an email at den@housingmatters.com.sg to avoid any delay in response. Normally i will only enter into HWZ during my free time but for email, it is directed straight to my mobile

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.