The Intel Z77 Motherboard Owners & Users thread

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There needs to be a FAQ or sticky somewhere for this.

I fought hard to get these options into the UEFI as regular features sometime back so make good use of them leh.

Goodnight LED Disable
Onboard Debug port LED Enable

afaik, there are no plans to use the Debug LED to report CPU temps so you might want to request this feature via the distro or the maker themselves.

HTH

OAO google search brought me nothing. Glad i asked you.

Alexleeweiqiang

Reaction score
guys can i ask asrock service centre is where? try to google and find in forum canot find, is it in changi?

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OAO google search brought me nothing. Glad i asked you.
Heheh, had to convince Asrock Taiwan a few times that it is good to have the LEDs lit up when the rig is on. Strangely, they were more keen to keep the LEDs off but were kind enough to compromise and program in the options in the latter UEFI releases instead (lagi better, can personalise to each person's likes or dislikes).

Well, glad it is now working to your own preference. :)

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heheh, had to convince Asrock Taiwan a few times that it is good to have the LEDs lit up when the rig is on. Strangely, they were more keen to keep the LEDs off but were kind enough to compromise and program in the options in the latter UEFI releases instead (lagi better, can personalise to each person's likes or dislikes).

Well, glad it is now working to your own preference. :)

yes... for me the power switch LED is soft enough for me to know my comp did not crash... cuz my casing power LED is blocked from my view... hence that little red power button is good for me... the LED is not that crucial but since i was on a X58 before, so it is lit up when the comp is powered on... Good if that can reflect the cpu temps :)

nonetheless glad to note it is me who missed out the option in the UEFI rather than it isn't provided :p

thanks bro~

blammm

Reaction score
Hello guys i'm just wondering is my temp normal for a STOCK 3770k/Asus V-pro or should i reseat my cooler.

On load my temps hit 78°C. Using CM212 EVO push pull for cooling along with mx4. last week used the paste that's came with the 212 and temps were at 81-83°C on load.

wanted to oc this chip but the stock temps on load make me think twice. so should i reseat the cooler or i just got a ****ty chip and deal with it????

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had been doing really quite a lot of testing for WHEA Event ID 19 errors the past week and discovered some interesting new findings - it can be OS dependent too!

I regularly dual boot between my SSD (relatively new < 1 month W7 SP1 install) and a HD (ancient 2+ year old W7 no SP1 install). For the past week, I had been gradually fine-tuning voltages till I am all clear of WHEA errors on the new SSD OS but today when I booted to the HD and did some transcoding, again a handful of WHEA errors reported. So I then backtracked and rebooted into the SSD and did some test transcoding, again all clear.

The CPU/RAM o'c settings were kept constant between all these rebooting and transcoding.

Interesting (& confusing too), eh? :)

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the recent attempts by one forumer, we now know that Asrock had actually been recently rated No. 1 in reliability for motherboards by Hardware Fr website for the year 2012.

Hardware Fr 2012 - Google Translate

For LGA1155 P67 mobos
The return rate for failure are rising significantly, except for that ASRock managed to pull out of the game which allows him to get first place.

- ASRock 1.75%
- MSI 2.46%
- ASUS 3.71%
- Gigabyte 5.04%

Hands on owners would have known this by now, still it's very nice to see their LGA1155 motherboards being officially recognised as the most reliable industry wide and Asrock having improved so much in recent years! :)

pa9797

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the recent attempts by one forumer, we now know that Asrock had actually been recently rated No. 1 in reliability for motherboards by Hardware Fr website for the year 2012.

Hardware Fr 2012 - Google Translate

For LGA1155 P67 mobos

Hands on owners would have known this by now, still it's very nice to see their LGA1155 motherboards being officially recognised as the most reliable industry wide and Asrock having improved so much in recent years! :)

fully agree:D

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had been doing really quite a lot of testing for WHEA Event ID 19 errors the past week and discovered some interesting new findings - it can be OS dependent too!

I regularly dual boot between my SSD (relatively new < 1 month W7 SP1 install) and a HD (ancient 2+ year old W7 no SP1 install). For the past week, I had been gradually fine-tuning voltages till I am all clear of WHEA errors on the new SSD OS but today when I booted to the HD and did some transcoding, again a handful of WHEA errors reported. So I then backtracked and rebooted into the SSD and did some test transcoding, again all clear.

The CPU/RAM o'c settings were kept constant between all these rebooting and transcoding.

Interesting (& confusing too), eh? :)

But with all these WHEA Event 19 Errors and theres no hangs/crashs, it doesn't affect anything right?

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the latest findings of OS dependence, I am not sure how to draw any real conclusions to these WHEA events either. lol

What we do know so far, these WHEA Event ID 19 reports happen when

1. borderline/almost there stability - the most impt finding/conclusion, imo
2. CPU stability/VCore dependent
3. RAM stability dependent
4. OS dependent
5. temperature dependent (findings from others)
6. ... dunno what else dependent?

In other words, at the present moment we do know that we do not know enough things about Ivy. :)

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys i'm just wondering is my temp normal for a STOCK 3770k/Asus V-pro or should i reseat my cooler.

On load my temps hit 78°C. Using CM212 EVO push pull for cooling along with mx4. last week used the paste that's came with the 212 and temps were at 81-83°C on load.

wanted to oc this chip but the stock temps on load make me think twice. so should i reseat the cooler or i just got a ****ty chip and deal with it????

I think you should re-apply thermal paste and re-sit it again

my stock Asus P8Z77-V-Pro is idling around 42°C after installing it last night.

ASUS@SG

Suspended
Reaction score
I think you should re-apply thermal paste and re-sit it again

my stock Asus P8Z77-V-Pro is idling around 42°C after installing it last night.

info on temperature reading program will be good if provided:D

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3. Add "No-K OC" function.

Some info found

bd485204.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.