The Contact Lenses Thread

sghubert

Reaction score
do i need to make an appointment with the clinic in SP before going down??

how much does it cost to do a full eye check?? I saw on past post i think prescription is $5? not sure if price have change or increase?

after getting a prescription which i assume is a paper to tell you about the status of your eyes, (correct me if I am wrong), am i obliged to purchase contact lens from them?

TIA for replies.

eric_kclee

Reaction score
ReNu emptied bottle 120ml.

Need help. I need these emptied bottle for some fertilizer dosage, as these bottle has the dropper tip. Please refer to the picture. I think it is the smallest bottle size, I believe it is the 120 ml bottle. I need 2 of them.

If any of you has used, emptied bottle in good condition. I need your help. If you have and able to help. I don't mind paying for a small token sum for them and I will self collect from you.

(in case I am desperate, any regular size will do, preferably transparent)

Please sms 94300794.

Renu.jpg

chm527

Reaction score
do i need to make an appointment with the clinic in SP before going down??

how much does it cost to do a full eye check?? I saw on past post i think prescription is $5? not sure if price have change or increase?

after getting a prescription which i assume is a paper to tell you about the status of your eyes, (correct me if I am wrong), am i obliged to purchase contact lens from them?

TIA for replies.

upz for u. i'm interested to noe too

dazuda

Reaction score
went for my appt @ NP Optometry Centre just now.

quite an interesting experience...lol... cos i've never done such comprehensive eye checks b4, not even contact lens fitting...:(

spent ~2hrs there...paid only $5 & i'm sure that measly $5 can't cover their operating expenses...the students don't get paid but they're graded...

even though the check was done by a 3rd year student but she seem to know her stuff & promptly consulted her supervisor to dbl-cfm...

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Need help. I need these emptied bottle for some fertilizer dosage, as these bottle has the dropper tip. Please refer to the picture. I think it is the smallest bottle size, I believe it is the 120 ml bottle. I need 2 of them.

If any of you has used, emptied bottle in good condition. I need your help. If you have and able to help. I don't mind paying for a small token sum for them and I will self collect from you.

(in case I am desperate, any regular size will do, preferably transparent)

Please sms 94300794.

Hey, u can get such bottles at muji as well, those with the dropper tip. posting it here wont get much response haha.

[/IMG]

Hey, u can get such bottles at muji as well, those with the dropper tip. posting it here wont get much response haha.

upz for u. i'm interested to noe too

Do not need to buy CL even after checking. You can bring your own there and they can tell u if it fits you well. They will do refraction which will let you know your prescription, and front and back eye checks which will access the health status of your eye. And yes, price should still be the same at $5

quite an interesting experience...lol... cos i've never done such comprehensive eye checks b4, not even contact lens fitting...:(

spent ~2hrs there...paid only $5 & i'm sure that measly $5 can't cover their operating expenses...the students don't get paid but they're graded...

even though the check was done by a 3rd year student but she seem to know her stuff & promptly consulted her supervisor to dbl-cfm...

Glad to know that you experienced such a comprehensive check. Singapore is slowly moving towards that direction for primary eye care services

2pm2am

Reaction score

these students spending lots of time checking your eyes does not mean that you are getting a thorough eye check. they have to do all the tests so that they get to practise what they had learnt in class.

I don't think SP or any other institutions should even charge people anything for letting the students practice checking other people's eye. It's funny cos many people are not willing to pay anything to have their eyes checked by a qualified and experience optometrist at optical shop but willing to pay $5 to have their eyes checked by students.

warhunter

Reaction score
these students spending lots of time checking your eyes does not mean that you are getting a thorough eye check. they have to do all the tests so that they get to practise what they had learnt in class.

I don't think SP or any other institutions should even charge people anything for letting the students practice checking other people's eye. It's funny cos many people are not willing to pay anything to have their eyes checked by a qualified and experience optometrist at optical shop but willing to pay $5 to have their eyes checked by students.

Dude. When u go to the poly for eye check, its different from the eye check at optical shop. You will onl get your eye power at optical shops. At sp and np, you will have your also have your eye health checked which comprises of anterior, posterior check of the eye structures as well as advice you should you bbe found to have any eye diseases. You would be checked by the student first followed by their supervisor who are registered and licensed optometrists.

Another reason why optical shops don't provide such service, is because singaporeans are too cheapskate. Tell me. Would you pay $30 for a eye check by an optometrist if you had eye problems or would u spend $80 and see an ophthalmologist instead. Would you pay $30(cheapest I heard from a shop that charges consultation)for a contact lens fitting evaluation/consultation on top of the price of contact lenses prescribed to you? I'm sure many wouldn't. From my past experience in optical shops, many people are skeptical about paying for such service because they think that we are just sales assistants.

In fact in western countries, eye checks with optometrists can cost up to $80 usd depending on type and duration of consult. Even contact lens fitting can cost up to $200usd for complicated cases. Think about it.

Singapore is nowhere near in terms of primary eye care.

Last edited:

xuanzang123

Reaction score
any tips and tricks if you have no case or solution and had to stay out the night over at someone else place??

warhunter

Reaction score
any tips and tricks if you have no case or solution and had to stay out the night over at someone else place??
No way. Do not use water. Do not use saliva. (Yes saliva. I've seen ppl who use them) best way. Beg borrow steal lol.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I started wearing contact lens. I'm on B&L Softlens 38 for a 3 month period. I basically bought contact lens to play billiard.

I noticed whenever i put it on, I can see an image on my right eye's left side which is near the nose area but left side cannot see this so called small image or shadow. I called the shop and even went back to so call point it out to the optician but don't know whether he's trolling me or not, he just ask me to close my right eye and use index finger to rub the top of my eye lid because that is tears. :s11:

Another irritating issue is that after putting them on, whenever i blink, the image will get blur then clear again. Its like less than a 1 second thing but its irritating when you're cueing and when you blink, the image gets blur and you start all over again. I'm on 75 left eye, 100 right. Wearing contact lens because whenever I bend down and cue, table end to table end will get blur image so I wore contacts to get the clear image. And can advise how to properly open the lens when you just take out from the solution? Like any technique or so? I already tore apart 2 pairs of lens because I use 2 hands to pull open the lens.

warhunter

Reaction score
Recently I started wearing contact lens. I'm on B&L Softlens 38 for a 3 month period. I basically bought contact lens to play billiard.

I noticed whenever i put it on, I can see an image on my right eye's left side which is near the nose area but left side cannot see this so called small image or shadow. I called the shop and even went back to so call point it out to the optician but don't know whether he's trolling me or not, he just ask me to close my right eye and use index finger to rub the top of my eye lid because that is tears. :s11:

Another irritating issue is that after putting them on, whenever i blink, the image will get blur then clear again. Its like less than a 1 second thing but its irritating when you're cueing and when you blink, the image gets blur and you start all over again. I'm on 75 left eye, 100 right. Wearing contact lens because whenever I bend down and cue, table end to table end will get blur image so I wore contacts to get the clear image. And can advise how to properly open the lens when you just take out from the solution? Like any technique or so? I already tore apart 2 pairs of lens because I use 2 hands to pull open the lens.

Firstly. If you got your lenses from opticians, u can lodge a complaint to oob because they are not allowed to. Only optometrists are allowed to prescribe lenses. From your symptoms its most likely a loose lens fit. Most probably you just bought the lens off the shelf and it was not fitted before it was be prescribed/sold to you.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Firstly. If you got your lenses from opticians, u can lodge a complaint to oob because they are not allowed to. Only optometrists are allowed to prescribe lenses. From your symptoms its most likely a loose lens fit. Most probably you just bought the lens off the shelf and it was not fitted before it was be prescribed/sold to you.

The opto was there too. When I was buying, he tell me all the things and etc, then when collect, he taught me how to wear and remove.

Other than fit issues, could it be because of my dry eyes also? I have problems falling asleep and am always not sleeping much, let's say 4 hours a day?

warhunter

Reaction score
The opto was there too. When I was buying, he tell me all the things and etc, then when collect, he taught me how to wear and remove.

Other than fit issues, could it be because of my dry eyes also? I have problems falling asleep and am always not sleeping much, let's say 4 hours a day?
The optom being there and not doing the lens fit for you is also illegal. Sleep and dry eyes not really related. Dry eye symptoms are vvision being clear with each blink. So most likely not due to dry eye.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The optom being there and not doing the lens fit for you is also illegal. Sleep and dry eyes not really related. Dry eye symptoms are vvision being clear with each blink. So most likely not due to dry eye.

So what do you suggest? I don't think its possible for me to bring the contact lens back to the shop for a refund right? Or just use finish and go SP for the eye check and purchase contact lense from SP?

warhunter

Reaction score
So what do you suggest? I don't think its possible for me to bring the contact lens back to the shop for a refund right? Or just use finish and go SP for the eye check and purchase contact lense from SP?

Go back to them ask to do a proper lens fitting lo. And since u have dry eyes, I don't get why they gave u softlens 38? Make noise lo. Ask them why nv do a fitting. Ask for refund if not compensation. Threaten with a complaint. Haha.

xuanzang123

Reaction score
how does the fitting go war hunter? i went down to pasir miki and buy my lens they just check my degree then ask me wear the contacts then look with the machine only leh how does the progress go ?

warhunter

Reaction score
how does the fitting go war hunter? i went down to pasir miki and buy my lens they just check my degree then ask me wear the contacts then look with the machine only leh how does the progress go ?

Consultation>check degree>check corneal curvature/topography>check corneal health>fit lenses>check lens fit on eye through a bio microscope/slitlamp>reccommend type of lenses >you choose one of the reccommended>lenses prescribed to you>come back for aftercare (nextday to 1 week)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go back to them ask to do a proper lens fitting lo. And since u have dry eyes, I don't get why they gave u softlens 38? Make noise lo. Ask them why nv do a fitting. Ask for refund if not compensation. Threaten with a complaint. Haha.

Okay. I shall head back to the shop next weekend. Tonight must book in. Lazy to head down.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to np on sat for eye check and contact lense fitting quite good imo. The student who help me check also quite chio. Sometimes very weird when they use the thing look into your eye and come very very very near to you. Lols

Was recommended with acuvue moist and purevision. Going back next week to have my contacts delivered and going back another week for my after care. :D
Final step must ask for number liaos. lols! omg the supervisor also stunning tsk :\

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.