Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do I need to open a saving account with SCB before I can open the trading account ?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stanchart no minimum commission has come in at the very right time for me. As i dont usually buy in big quantities, my small quantities of shares bought and spread throughout the 1 year of volatile period of market conditions have saved me thousands of dollars in commission. :)

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do i submit for SIP in the trading application form ?
under CAR, i select option C, as i have investment experience.
what is name financial Intermediary and name of listed SIP ?

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
sorry ar, just to check, i bought shares using SCB online trading and dividends for M1 should have come in on 1st August...which account will it be credited to? Sorry, first time receving dividends...so noob here..

Edit: sorry, i realised its 14th August

Last edited:

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry ar, just to check, i bought shares using SCB online trading and dividends for M1 should have come in on 1st August...which account will it be credited to? Sorry, first time receving dividends...so noob here..

your trading account

Ava|on

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here. SCB currently offering two free trades of up to $100 each. I am new to trading and I am keen to get into this.

I read about CDP and still don't get it. So if I want to open a trading a/c with SCB, first I would need to register with CDP? Could any veterans here tell me where do I register with CDP or rather what I need to do to get started?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here. SCB currently offering two free trades of up to $100 each. I am new to trading and I am keen to get into this.

I read about CDP and still don't get it. So if I want to open a trading a/c with SCB, first I would need to register with CDP? Could any veterans here tell me where do I register with CDP or rather what I need to do to get started?

For SCB you don't need a CDP account, as SCB will be holding your shares.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmm, but i checked my online SCB trading account but i did not receive anything?

i believe M1 dividends were paid on 1st August

dividend payable date for m1 is 14 AUG 2012

Ava|on

Master Member
Reaction score
For SCB you don't need a CDP account, as SCB will be holding your shares.

Thanks for your reply.. they hold my shares but I can still trade as per normal right? as in buy/sell whenever I want..

There's this Stop Loss Order function in SCB, what is it supposed to do? I'm watching the online demo.

Last edited:

sadbearbear

Banned
Reaction score
I call the hotline and the customer service officer did not really explain clearly to me what I want to know

I want to know:

1. beside the 0.2% commission, any other charges (GST, SGX Clearing Fee, Access Fee) involved?

2. The 0.2% commission is both buy and sell need to pay separately? Meaning I buy then need to pay, when I sell need to pay again?

3. I can still received dividends, just that cannot go attend AGM and get annual report?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I call the hotline and the customer service officer did not really explain clearly to me what I want to know

I want to know:

1. beside the 0.2% commission, any other charges (GST, SGX Clearing Fee, Access Fee) involved?

2. The 0.2% commission is both buy and sell need to pay separately? Meaning I buy then need to pay, when I sell need to pay again?

3. I can still received dividends, just that cannot go attend AGM and get annual report?

Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

For SG market, add 7% GST. So if you are under Personal Banking, your commission payable is 0.24% * 1.07.

2. You have to pay commission every time you make a trade, it doesn't matter whether it's buy or sell.

3. No AGM, no annual report, just dividends.

Amigogo

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone here trading US stocks using SCB??

can advise on the total fees payable?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to make it real clear, for US stocks: 0.25% to buy and 0.25224% to sell (for Personal banking aka normal customer). I think if people can qualify for Priority banking they won't mind paying the higher commissions through other brokerages :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.