Juventus FC Forum (Stadio Delle Alpi)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Davids and Trez double wages

Edgar Davids and David Trezeguet look set to sign new improved contracts with Juventus to end transfer speculation.

The club has been in fraught negotiations for several months over deals that expire in 2004 (Davids) and 2005 (Trezeguet).

The continuing delay in a signature fuelled already existing speculation that the two players would be sold this summer.

However, it was reported over the weekend that Davids has agreed to another meeting with director general Luciano Moggi in order to discuss terms.

The Dutchman had been linked with Roma and a move to the Premiership for Arsenal or Liverpool, but could now extend his contract to end his career in Turin.

Trezeguet¡¯s situation was even more complicated, as he demanded a massive wage increase in order to pen a new deal.

Juve had rejected this request and it looked likely Valencia could take advantage with a ?35m offer for the French international.

It was today claimed in the press that the Bianconeri have agreed to double Trezeguet¡¯s wages to just over ?2m per season.

Meanwhile, Juve remain embroiled in a battle with Hellas Verona over the other half of Mauro German Camoranesi¡¯s contract.

The Argentine-born player moved to Turin in a co-ownership deal last summer, but his value has since shot up thanks to a splendid campaign and entry into the Italian national squad.

Serie B side Verona are now demanding double the original agreed figure to buy out the rest of his contract, raising the sum to ?3.5m.

Juventus must hurry negotiations along, or a blind auction would take place. Both clubs would offer a figure in a sealed envelope and the highest bidder wins.

Should the matter get to this stage, Inter would be ready with an offer to buy out Verona¡¯s share in the player.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun15f.html

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Juventus sign Legrottaglie

Juventus have officially completed the signing of Chievo defender Nicola Legrottaglie.

The Flying Donkeys have today confirmed that the Italian international has been sold to the Turin giants.

Chievo will receive around £5m in cash plus part ownership of striker Giuseppe Sculli, who spent last season at Modena, midfielder Matteo Paro and defender Daniele Gastaldello.

The Italian champions made their move for the stopper after his proposed switch to Roma collapsed.

The 27-year-old has signed a five-year deal and will be presented to the Press on Friday.

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Legrottaglie proud to join Juve

Nicola Legrottaglie has spoken for the first time as a Juventus player after his move from Chievo.

The Italian international was officially unveiled to the media on Friday after the Turin giants completed his transfer yesterday evening.

"I’m honoured to have arrived at a club like Juventus," said the defender. "It is the result of many sacrifices.

"I’m here to learn and demonstrate my worth. I’ve already spoken to boss Marcello Lippi and I will have some great teachers here.

"This is a unique environment to play in and I can’t wait. I’m keen to get the likes of Ferrara, Thuram and Montero to share their secrets."

Legrottaglie was expected to join Roma earlier this week before talks for his transfer broke down.

"I never said that I would have preferred Roma," continued the stopper. "I just wanted to join a big club and I was confident that would happen because Chievo wanted to sell."

The former Bari and Modena player has signed a five-year contract with the Delle Alpi outfit after his £5m switch.

Chievo have also secured the part ownership of Giuseppe Sculli, Matteo Paro and Daniele Gastaldello as part of the deal.

"I know that Chievo are an important and prestigious club," said Sculli, who spent last season at Modena. "While Gigi Del Neri is a great Coach. I’m very happy to be a part of their squad."

Bianconeri general director Luciano Moggi was also delighted with his latest transfer success.

"We believed that it was only right that we brought in a young defender," he said. "But that is it now for our summer campaign. All we will do now is swap a few players."

Moggi also maintained that Edgar Davids, David Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram would remain in Turin.

"Everyone wants to stay at Juventus and all of our squad can give their contribution to the cause," he concluded.

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re: Legrottaglie proud to join Juve

Great signing to strengthen the defence!! :)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Legrottaglie proud to join Juve

The profile of Nicola Legrottaglie

20719legrottaglie.jpg

Nicola Legrottaglie is surely one of the revelations of those last two seasons. Twenty-seven years old, the defender from Gioia del Colle (Bari) became famous at Chievo Verona and now arrives to Juventus.

Really astonishing his career. After some seasons between Serie B and C1 (Pistoiese, Prato, Chievo and Modena), in November 2001 arrives the debut in Serie A, during the Verona derby. He gathers 13 caps and 2 goals in the first year. The one over is one of his best seasons: 30 caps and 4 goals in Serie A and the debut with Italy. On 20th November 2002 he debuts in “blue” against Turkey. With Italy he has played 5 games, scoring against Switzerland.

http://www.juventus.com/en/cmc/news/200325/cmc_52865.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Legrottaglie proud to join Juve

so far Juve have sign 3 players in the pre-season

Blasi (Midfielder)
Miccoli (Forward)
Nicola Legrottaglie (Defender)

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Juve complete Appiah swoop

Gd signing...:)

Juve complete Appiah swoop

Stephan Appiah has completed his expected transfer from Parma to Italian champions Juventus.

The two clubs officially closed the deal on Monday evening in a move that sees the Gialloblu receive cash and two players.

The Bianconeri have initially paid Parma £1.4m with an option to complete his signing next summer by paying a further £4m.

The Tardini outfit have also received total ownership of Under-21 international defender Emiliano Moretti and the loan of Manuele Blasi.

The 22-year-old Appiah had been linked with moves to Roma and Milan after impressing on loan at Brescia last season.

"This is a great opportunity for me," the Ghanaian said earlier today. "I knew that I would join a big club but I didn’t expect to be joining one of the best in the world.

"Luckily I have played regularly over the past year and my spells at Udinese and Parma were important experiences for me.

"Now I’m ready to work under boss Marcello Lippi and run for the side. After all, I ran for Baggio last season at Brescia. I’m ready to do it for Del Piero now."

Meanwhile, Juventus have sold a half share of Max Vieri - brother of Christian - to Serie B side Napoli. The Azzurri have also signed Perugia defender Sean Sogliano.

Brescia have also been busy on Monday. They’ve brought in Alessandro Lucarelli from Palermo and Triestina goalkeeper Tiziano Ramon.

The 32-year-old could replace Matteo Sereni who is being forced to return to Ipswich Town

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun30j.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On July it starts the adventure with NIke

NIKE is new official sponsor for Juventus!

On July it starts the adventure with NIke

From today, 1st of July, a famous brand will work with Juventus Football Club: it’s Nike, new technical sponsor that will be linked with bianconeri for the next 12 years. It’s a very important cooperation that will allow to Juventus to develop its own brand too.

Nike will take the place of Lotto, which was with juventus in the last three excellent seasons. Here’s the comment of Romy Gai, Marketing and Commercial Director of Juventus: “It’s with great pleasure that we welcome Nike in the big Juventus family. We welcome the new partner, wishing for both of us a future rich of victories, and we thank the friends of Lotto for these three years of positive and precious cooperation."

http://www.juventus.com/juventus/en/cmc/news/200327/cmc_53462.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
New York Times: welcome!

New York Times: welcome!

A warm welcome to bianconeri it has arrived today from New York, where Juventus will face Ac Milan on the 3rd of August at the Giants Stadium, with this article by the “New York Times”, one of the most important newspapers in the world.

Here’s the article, written by Alex Yannis:

Giants Stadium lands the Italian Super Cup

Italy’s Serie A was the most glamorous soccer league in Europe for the more that five years ago because it attracted the best players in the world with high transfer fees and lucrative contracts. After falling behind in recent years, it is now looking to regain the prestige it lost to England’s Premier League and Spain’s Liga.

Juventus and Ac Milan, the best and most popular teams in Italy, will take another step in that direction when they travel here to play the Italian Super Cup at Giants Stadium on August 3.

The prospect of a game between Juventus, the winner of the lague last season, and AC Milan, the winner of the Italian cup, was an opportunity that was too good to pass up.

Champions World, a global consultant on international events that has its headquarters in Moonachie, N.J., teamed with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and worked out the deal with the Italian Clubs.

“We have this game here because we have desire to promote Italian soccer outside our country”, Romy Gai, marketing director of Juventus, said today at Giants Stadium.

Umberto Gandini, the organizing director of AC Milan, said that this would be the third Italian Super Cup game played outside Italy. “It made a lot of sense to have this game played in the United States”, he said.

Ac Milan and Torino played for the Super Cup in Washington in 1993, and Juventus and Parma played the match last year in Tripoli, Libya. All other games since the competition was started in 1988 have been played in Italy. Ac Milan captured four times and Juventus three times.

The match her has a potential to be a sellout because it is a meaningful game, not an exhibition. It is also a game involving the teams that played the Champions League title on May 28 in Manchester, England. AC Milan won on penalty kicks.

“There is much interest in this game that will be televised in 153 countries around the world”, said Charlie Stillitano, champions World’s president and founder, “It showcases two of the strongest clubs in the world in a game that means a lot”.

The teams are controlled by two of the Italy’s richest and most influential families. Silvio Berlusconi, who’s Italy is prime minister, runs AC Milan; the Agnelli family, which runs Fiat, controls Juventus.

George Zoffinger, the president and chief executive of the New Jersey sports authority, said about 15,000 tickets had already been sod for the game.

“This game accentuates the fact that Giants Stadium is the place for soccer in the East Coast and the entire country”, said Zoffinger, who pointed out that real Madrid played AS Roma in an exhibition here last year and Manchester United will play Juventus on July 31.

http://www.juventus.com/juventus/en/cmc/news/200327/cmc_53465.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bayer Rep Puts Lucio In Juve's Hands

Hope he comes to Juve!!

07/06/2003. In an interview with Italian newspaper 'Tuttosport', Ilja Kaenzig, the right arm of Bayer general manager Reiner Calmund, indicated that Brazlian defender Lucio is destined to become a Juventino.

"There are no more secrets, it's under everyone's eyes that Lucio is going to Juventus," said Kaenzig.

"The deal with Roma was just tentative, the first choice remains Juventus," he added.

On Friday it appeared Roma had gained the upper hand again after that Lucio spoke directly to Capello, but Kaenzig's words appear to indicate Roma failed in their final bid

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/o5600.html

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Salas set for Monaco swap

Who's Jerome Rothen?

Marcelo Salas is today being linked with a move to Monaco that could see Jerome Rothen join Juventus in return.

The Chilean international is on the Turin departure list and transfer guru Luciano Moggi is keen to get rid of him as soon as possible.

The usually cagey Moggi has openly admitted that the striker doesn’t figure in the club’s plans but selling him has become increasingly difficult.

The major obstacle is with the former Lazio man’s salary – of around £2.6m a year – which few clubs seem able to match.

However, Moggi is confident that his close links with the Principality outfit will see a positive conclusion to the talks.

It is understood that the Italian champions would like Rothen in return who is known as the ‘French David Beckham’ in his homeland.

The 25-year-old made his debut in the Championnat during the 1997/98 season at Cannes before he moved on to Troyes.

He signed for Monaco in the summer of 2001 where he has since caught the eye of a number of top clubs.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul6e.html

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
Juventus wanted to get rid of Salas is no secret. High pay, injuries, no goals......

Wherelse for Salas is not a bad choice to go also. At least no more bench warming for him. I believe he regret like hell to leave Lazio...

rekooB

Reaction score
demouse said:
Juventus wanted to get rid of Salas is no secret. High pay, injuries, no goals......

Wherelse for Salas is not a bad choice to go also. At least no more bench warming for him. I believe he regret like hell to leave Lazio...

salas used to be one of my favourite player during his days at lazio....he is one of the best striker in the world back then and is very loyal to lazio....a pity he is at such a state now:(

JuveZzZ

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rekooB said:

salas used to be one of my favourite player during his days at lazio....he is one of the best striker in the world back then and is very loyal to lazio....a pity he is at such a state now:(
yeah lor like i think better get rid of him fast

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Davids not for sale say Juve

Juventus have shot down the now constant speculation that they are considering the sale of Edgar Davids.

The Dutchman has been linked with a move to Chelsea for the last week but Luciano Moggi insists he will remain in Turin.

"Davids has never been on the transfer market and he never will be," stated the transfer guru on Monday.

"The Dutchman belongs to Juventus and will remain. That is what we want and what he wants.

"Therefore all the stories which are suggesting otherwise have no foundation whatsoever."

There were reports that Chelsea had made an £11m bid which was rejected by the Turin giants who want closer to £16m.

Those claims were made believable as the former Ajax man has just one year left on his current Bianconeri contract.

If the midfielder doesn’t agree a new deal then he would be available to leave the Delle Alpi next summer on a free transfer.

Davids added fuel to the fire last week when he admitted that he would be interested to play in the Premiership in the future.

Meanwhile, the Italian champions are still being linked with a move for Lazio striker Bernardo Corradi.

However, they are having difficulty in selling Marcelo Salas who has rejected offers from Spain and Portugal so far this summer.

davids.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul7i.html

JuveZzZ

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:

If Salas go then Juve dun have much strikers left?

del perio , tezgol, milico, di valo

all top class strikers

BaggioLee

Reaction score
i really only want to see 2 new players: totti and nesta. I know it's not possible... :(

demouse

Master Member
Reaction score
rekooB said:

yeah..don't know they wnt corradi for what:mad:

they're looking for a substitute for tezgol coz he's always injured. di vaio doesn't meet their standard, if corradi come than di vaio will be swope to lazio.

del perio is a support striker and micoli will be a good substitute for him.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.