Pasteurised Milk - Which brand and why?

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the cheapest i can find is dutch lady low fat (1.45$) from Ang Mo supermarket.

adgladsynch

Reaction score
7) magnolia
tastiest milk. I'll never forget the smooth and creamy taste. So nice, don't care fresh from where blah blah. Even if it's from cows in Antarctica, I'll still buy and drink.

Beastosterone

Reaction score
wow. thanks for the replies guys. well, just share some thoughts with you guys on what i think about certain brands of milk: -

1) Marigold - the pack shows that the milk is from Australia but it also shows that it's packed locally in sg. so, how fresh can the milk be?
2) Marigold HL - the pack also shows that it's packed in sg. There's added vanilla flavouring and are made from milk powder. that's not really fresh either, is it?
3) Greenfields - pack shows 100% fresh milk from Indonesia (where it's milked from the cow, pasteurised, packed and shipped to sg-all through their integrated farm). Cows are flown from australia to indonesia. at least we know it's fresh when it was shipped from indonesia to sg. tastes good too.
4) Masters Pura - Fresh milk packed in australia and shipped to sg but is known recently that it's not permeate-free
5) Farmhouse - the pack shows that the milk is from Australia but it also shows that it's packed locally in sg. so, how fresh can the milk be?
6) Daisy - similar to HL
7) Magnolia - similar to pura
8) Meiji - packed in Thailand (not Japan as many may mistaken coz of the Japanese branding) and trucked to sg daily.

In general, we want our milk to be FRESH right? If it's mixed with this and that, what are we actually drinking? Is it healthy? Are we still gettting what we want when we drink milk?

Just my thoughts ;)

which brand of milk do you drink?

sujun93

Reaction score
3) Greenfields- i think it has the lowest sugar among all

anyone drink viknesh milk? apparently its from lim chu kang, i see it in some ntuc store.

Last edited:

silent83

Reaction score
Hi guys. I do realize some consumers who drink milk don't really care where their milk is from, as long as they like the taste or trust the brand.

Couple more questions i'd like to ask. Would appreciate if you could contribute your opinions.

1) Does pricing play an important role when you purchase your milk?
2) Are you loyal to any brands of milk due to their taste or quality?
3) Are you health-conscious?
4) Do you care whether the milk you buy and consume, is fresh or not?
5) Do you know what permeate is?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Beastosterone

Reaction score
Hi guys. I do realize some consumers who drink milk don't really care where their milk is from, as long as they like the taste or trust the brand.

Couple more questions i'd like to ask. Would appreciate if you could contribute your opinions.

yes, sometime, maybe, not really, nope

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score

y,y,y,n,y 10 char

jjl.bb

Reaction score
a related question, just to confirm what i've read.

transfat in milk/cream is alright right? if the ingredients are just cream, milk solids and some emulsifier.
cause im drink greenfield's whipping cream, about 10g transfat a day.

Greenfield's anyway

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks to this post, i've switch to sg milk, its brand is vishnu.. :s13:
quite nice eh..

I bought before also, from NTUC, quite expensive, dun remember its taste already, just remember noticing that its nutritional info was quite different from the other milks. Possibly that's what real milk is supposed to consist of :s22:

cwong

Reaction score
singapore_milk.jpg

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought before also, from NTUC, quite expensive, dun remember its taste already, just remember noticing that its nutritional info was quite different from the other milks. Possibly that's what real milk is supposed to consist of :s22:

2.45 for 1l, still ok la.. :s13:

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
2.45 for 1l, still ok la.. :s13:

Go so cheap meh? I was pretty sure at the time I was thinking it doesn't give as much value than the rest but I still bought only to see what it tasted like.
Possibly I was dividing the price by the grams of protein per 100g :s13:

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go so cheap meh? I was pretty sure at the time I was thinking it doesn't give as much value than the rest but I still bought only to see what it tasted like.
Possibly I was dividing the price by the grams of protein per 100g :s13:

yea i bought ytd, its protein lower by abit, 3g/100ml.. :s13:
carbs v high tho, 10g/100ml.. not sure why also

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.