oh yea, mainly for freshies cos seniors probably finished their windows haha

SlackMon-Ster

Reaction score
don't know considered as lucky or not. pre-assigned until 4 module. haha. :o

but 5 days all have lessons.

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Preassigned is good as u dun have to stress out on it. No surefire way to get ur mods.

Just checked past history for 2-3 sems. Then make sure u bid higher than the highest of all the lowest bids. Make sure to that u r checking the history for the correct windows as well.
This is what i did and most of the time, I am either lowest bid or very close to the lowest bid for that mod, hence saving up alot of money for more popular mods.

There are some who went to the extend of creating a model to predict bid price. But I ended up laughing because most of the time, they ended up bidding too high :p

Chun_Hock

Reaction score
Any seniors have an idea of Christina Lee teaching CT, is she generous ? Thanks = )

desewer

Reaction score
Preassigned is good as u dun have to stress out on it. No surefire way to get ur mods.

Just checked past history for 2-3 sems. Then make sure u bid higher than the highest of all the lowest bids. Make sure to that u r checking the history for the correct windows as well.
This is what i did and most of the time, I am either lowest bid or very close to the lowest bid for that mod, hence saving up alot of money for more popular mods.

There are some who went to the extend of creating a model to predict bid price. But I ended up laughing because most of the time, they ended up bidding too high :p

Hmm looks like i should reconsider my bid then...

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm looks like i should reconsider my bid then...

Importantly is getting mods at decent prices and not too high prices...

Popular mods aside, as long as u bid around 3-4 edollars higher than the highest of all lowest bids from past history, shld be quite safe...

but some stuff to note for comparing history as well, compare apple to apple. I.e. compare not only the modules, but the profs teaching. Some profs are more popular hence require higher bids.

It's important to save up quite abit as popular GE mods like languages, Finance101 are some of the very popluar mods

v3ng3anc3z

Reaction score
freshie here.

never get my stat, missed by 50c or so

my AS over bid (from min) by 3 bucks.

sh0 moodixx:(:(:(

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
freshie here.

never get my stat, missed by 50c or so

my AS over bid (from min) by 3 bucks.

sh0 moodixx:(:(:(

missed by 50 cents sucks..but trust me, i missed before by 3 cents before..thats even worse..

over the min bid by 3 bucks is not considered as overbid to me....unless the 3 bucks is very close to the highest bids;)

v3ng3anc3z

Reaction score
missed by 50 cents sucks..but trust me, i missed before by 3 cents before..thats even worse..

over the min bid by 3 bucks is not considered as overbid to me....unless the 3 bucks is very close to the highest bids;)

haha. i was like 6 bucks away from max bid, still considered high for me >.>

need to save up for future finance mods, my snrs say very very expp

gxelan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha. i was like 6 bucks away from max bid, still considered high for me >.>

need to save up for future finance mods, my snrs say very very expp

3 bucks from min bid and 6 bucks from max bid, to me thats consider decent, and not overbid....thats because differential between lowest and bighest bid is 9 dollars, 50th percentile price differential is 4.50. You are well below that :)

You definitely will want to bid 3 bucks more than the min bid rather than lose out by 50 cents because u refuse to pay abit more. I have advice friends alot of times le, either u pay 3-4 bucks more for peace of mind, or risk not getting it and end up paying 10 bucks more at the next bidding window because u die die need that timeslot and prof because it will screw up ur timetable planning....

not exactly.....

there are only afew finance mods exp, finance101 and maybe wealth mgmt.

otherwise, most finance mods can be gotten at 10-15 edollars only...and while u r given 20 edollars per mod, its definitely more than enuff.

unless u arent business student, but want to take finance as 2nd major....else most other finance mods are cheap..the only expensive mods are mods which most students have to take..

haha, trust me on that i have seen the system from yr1 and this will be my last sem liao...lao jiao with bidding le

Last edited:

Irenicis

Master Member
Reaction score
couldnt get all my mods in the first window...

btw is LTB the CSP hard, and hard to score well?

sogatda

Reaction score
IS freshie here, any tips to bid for which module with 4 preassigned already? (aw,twc,is101,is200)

Golden_Fox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IS freshie here, any tips to bid for which module with 4 preassigned already? (aw,twc,is101,is200)

Do you have background in programming? If yes, maybe take 1 or half a mod. If not, I suggest you keep your 20 bucks for next semester.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.