iNO One non-camera smart phone

gohnick

Reaction score
iNO One & iNO Two non-camera smart phone

iNO One non-camera smart phone

Now this is what I call a true non-camera smartphone. What are your thoughts?

Type Android 4” Dual SIM 3G/Wifi Smartphone
Bands
GSM 900/ DCS 1800MHz-CDMA2100MHz
(EGSM850/GSM900/DCS1800/PCS1900
WCDMA2100/1900,850 optional)
Platform MTK6575, 1.0 GHz, single Core
OS Android 2.3.6
Dimensions 124*64*10.95
Display 4.0” WGA 800*480
Touch Capacitive Touch, multi-touch
Connectivity BT, WIFI,GPRS,HSPA,EDGE
Memory
4GB (eMMC) , DDR2 512MB (RAM),
upgradable to 32GB (microSD card)
I/O MINI USB Jack, 3.5mm ear jack, micro SD
Sensor G-Sensor
Messaging SMS/ MMS
Video/Audio MPEG4, MP4, AMR, MP3,AVI,RMVB,
Battery 1500mAh; average 6 hours talk time
Other features GPS, FM Radio

Last edited:

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The question is, is there a similar looking or similar model that has the camera???

gohnick

Reaction score
The question is, is there a similar looking or similar model that has the camera???

Taken from the FAQ of the site

Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is the iNO One a certified camera-removed phone?
A1: No. The iNO One is a dedicated factory-built model for users who need an original non-camera smartphone and who cannot accept phone models that are camera-removed.

gkotody

Reaction score
Taken from the FAQ of the site

Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is the iNO One a certified camera-removed phone?
A1: No. The iNO One is a dedicated factory-built model for users who need an original non-camera smartphone and who cannot accept phone models that are camera-removed.

They have taken my pre-order for the 1st batch of A908.Just went to their website & they have explained that they are launching the iNO One to replace the A908.The iNO One is a 100% original non camera phone.I really want to applaud this company if this really comes thru coz that would mean that no MSD sticker would be required if I am correct. :s12:

iNO Sun A908 Announcement | iNO Mobile

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they should have built it tough then it will confirm attract eyes, nowadays usually people who uses non-camera phones will need their phones to go through the ups and downs in life together... Sony manages to grab this sector but has yet to release a non-camera model...

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iNO should be applauded for coming up with a true non camera Android phone to avoid all the stupid Mindef restrictions on camera phones.

One concern though, does this phone come with Google Play Store and built-in capability to sync with Google Calendar and Gmail contacts (like normal Android phones) ? It would be a deal breaker for me if these basic features are missing.

eno_lc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some camps seem to disallow phones with memory card also, not sure if this will be affected

gkotody

Reaction score
iNO should be applauded for coming up with a true non camera Android phone to avoid all the stupid Mindef restrictions on camera phones.

One concern though, does this phone come with Google Play Store and built-in capability to sync with Google Calendar and Gmail contacts (like normal Android phones) ? It would be a deal breaker for me if these basic features are missing.

As long as it's an Android OS,you will have all those you stated above.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as it's an Android OS,you will have all those you stated above.

Not necessary.

Amazon Kindle Fire is also based off Android OS.

But it's apps store is tied to Amazon eco-system.

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not necessary.

Amazon Kindle Fire is also based off Android OS.

But it's apps store is tied to Amazon eco-system.
As well as those cheapo Chinese Android tablets or even Android tablets by third/fourth tier manufacturers that sometimes do not come with Google Play Store. Shocking I know, which in my view would be a deal breaker.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
However, if the ability to side load apps is still there, still acceptable for me as a reservist phone.

4", WVGA, FM radio, 3G/wifi, GPS, expandable storage all for less than $300.

Where else to find?

Although, those full time NSF might be better served going for Huawei Honor.

Last edited:

idunnomyname

Reaction score
wrote an email in to ask and they replied

To the best of our knowledge, only a camera-removed phone needs MSD approval. Since the iNO One is an original non-camera model, it does not need approval at all.

eno_lc

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got this from their website:

iNO One Non-Camera Phone | iNO Mobile

Q8: Does the phone come with Google Play? Can it support whatsapp/viper/skype?
A: The phone comes pre-installed with Google Play (Marketplace). Through the marketplace, you can install the Android applications from the Play Store, including whatsapp, viper & skype.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.