ERP/SAP system enquiries

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently scouting around for good reliable ERP/SAP software to be implemented in my company.

Any good and effective ERP solutions for a manufacturing/production company?

I have been approached by a few vendors but still shortlisting.

Any points which i will specifically need to look out for or any experts gurus can shed me some light to look out for good solutions?

Thanks in advance and have a great week ahead everyone!

Sen

Streetwise

Reaction score
There is no one software tat will meet all ur needs. Ea software have their strengths and weaknessess. It will be good if u've a checklist of wat ur core req'ments are and wat secondary functions tat u expect from the particular software. Eg, some companies use Factoryworks as it's supposedly good in shopfloor. SAP is strong in finance but weak in shopfloor.

eatcarrotcake

Reaction score
SAP is good but it is expensive n you need the right partner to put it in for you.

If your company is less than 300 users and does not have many sites or overseas offices or factories then consider cheaper alternatives.

masterstroller

Reaction score
Since you are asking here I'm assuming you're a SME... you can try out the opensource softwares like OpenTaps or OpenBravo

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes my company is a SME, therefore the cost will be quite a factor for consideration also.

Looking into virtualization of servers first before ERP, well maybe in conjunction both ERP and virtualization together :)

Last edited:

blurryy

Reaction score
SAP is a business application. ViRtualisation is creation of hardware resource. These are 2 different things

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
that is why i am looking to virtulize my servers first while shortlisting ERPs softwares.

Any opinions of netsuites? Globe3? these 2 cloud ERP softwares

lampPC

Master Member
Reaction score
no ERP is better than custom developed solutions. My comment after so many years of experiences on this. It is either too complicated or take too much steps for a simple task.

Go and develop your own software. There is a government grant that subsides 60% of the cost.

I have experiences with hosting more than a hundred instances of ERPs though. Trust me, most of readily available ERPs look like from the 90s

Last edited:

hanlsnx

Reaction score
If you company is willing really take a look at those new cloud based ERP systems

chaddeus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
While the software is very important, its also equally important to get the proper consultant who has proper knowledge of your industry.

Microsoft Axapta, SAP etc are all big tier vendors but they will be expensive in licensing. They both have different licensing method. I suggest calling MS or SAP to find out more and talk to their consultants the Pros and Cons.

No ERP package will suit your business perfectly. Either you change your process to fit the ERP or you customize the ERP to suit your business. Either way, its a PITA.

- Charles

vinujune3

Reaction score
Pandora Business Suite ERP is the only all-in-one business suite for small and medium-size.

PBAsolutions.com

fluid_motion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was checking out some ERP systems and find SAP expensive for SMEs unless you willing to fork out over $30k for limited functions and costly licensing. And then there's Microsoft Dynamics... But that's pretty much the sales model for such professional ERP systems. I think a bit overkill if its for a small company.

You may check out Linkupcrm, support our local software development companies. They've got some turn-key ERP solutions but can customise it for your industry and can nego to meet your budget. Their platform is .Net if you're fine with that.

PS: I have no affiliation to any of the said companies.

vinujune3

Reaction score
Pandora Business Suite (ERP, CRM and HRM ) Fully Integrated Business Management Software and WebSite Services for your Business. PBASolutions.com

silver09

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no ERP is better than custom developed solutions. My comment after so many years of experiences on this. It is either too complicated or take too much steps for a simple task.

Go and develop your own software. There is a government grant that subsides 60% of the cost.

I have experiences with hosting more than a hundred instances of ERPs though. Trust me, most of readily available ERPs look like from the 90s
The only thing SAP or at least I heard is their transactional integrity is good.

But, like lampPC says ERP in general is bloated and rigid, any modifications tunings customisations cost alot of $$. Go for turnkey, once obsolote trown away and go for technology referesh. ERP has long term costs.

vinujune3

Reaction score
A web based ERP Solutions espicially designed for small and medium sized business. PBASolutions ERP is packed with powerful features, in extremely easy to implement and use, comprehensive in its scope, modular and flexible, full customizable, totally secure and incredibly robut.

PBA Solutions Pte Ltd
pbasolutions.com

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One other option for SME to consider is the solution from Sage. Choose either the on premise Accpac + AutoSimply combi or X3. The latter is an all in one product priced for SME.

But I have to qualify that I am actually connected to this so I am biased.

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First should consider those well established vendors (Oracle, SAP etc) and consider the rigidity and customisation constraints. Ask for their poftfolio and see if similar industries are using it. Key functions of the organisation must be in the committee making decision e.g. Ops, Finance, HR etc. Deciding which software to buy is the easy part and implementation is a bitch.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.