Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronxs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there any aircon service technician that can come my place for free checkup/minimal charge? 2 of my 7-year-old daikin aircon has blinking green lights.

terumo

Reaction score
To styledude,

U are intending to replace your existing Mcquay to a new sys 2/3?

As per your current aircon age, its likely to be a non invertor model.

styledude

Banned
Reaction score
To styledude,

U are intending to replace your existing Mcquay to a new sys 2/3?

As per your current aircon age, its likely to be a non invertor model.

hello terumo.thx for ur reply.

replace with a system 1.Currently i've 5 a/c at home(all non inverters) with 3 compressors .Luckily the spoilt a/c is running on the smallest compressor of the 3

Ihavegotnosatisfaction

Reaction score
confused about conceal piping

Just bought a resale condo with 14 years old aircon and concealed piping. Been to few contractors some says better to change the piping, some says no need. Since the airocons are non inverter I assume piping must be different one compare to the one used these days. The cost of changing the concealed piping is a a lot as well. Currently I got system 3 and system 2 York Brand. To change to ME system 3 and system 2 Ive got a quote of 3100 and 2400 13k X2 and 18X 1 with ME 28VA compressor. I've been asked around 1.5k for concealed piping. Though there's not a lot of work to be done as most of the concealing will be under the false ceiling. I am not sure whether to change the piping which involves lot of hassle and money or stick to old piping and change the machine. I m not too sure abt ME and wanted to go for Daikin. Guys guide me if you have had similar experience.

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need to install 3 aircons in the 3 bedrooms for my tenants. Any recommendation of a cheap aircon?

terumo

Reaction score
to styledude,

If sys 1, you can a single split sys 1 of similar btu capacity will do.

to Panzerf,
Get a non inverter sys 3. Cheaper then inverter system and more reliable.

Last edited:

u0206397

Reaction score
need to install 3 aircons in the 3 bedrooms for my tenants. Any recommendation of a cheap aircon?

Maybe you can try Midea, York or EuropAce? I'm guessing Midea is the cheapest brand since it's China-made.

But we get what we pay for, so do not expect them to perform as well or last as long as those heavyweight reputable brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric or Panasonic.

dsdsdsds

Reaction score
hi,

my parent went down to gain city to buy aircon they wanted to buy Mitsubishi. Somehow they kana convinced by the sales person to buy sharp Multi-Split (Inverter) AU-X3M24MV. they say got what Plasmacluster Ion, that is good for our family and house.

after one day, my parent was told by one of their friend who is aircon contractor, sharp model with Plasmacluster Ion is phasing out. best to change to mitsubishi.

just want to ask whether is a good choice to change to mitsubishi. i see from this thread, the starmax seem to have a lot of good review. we will using a system 2

thanks

Last edited:

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros

I want to set my aircon temperature to fix at 24 degree. However,there is no such option on my remote control. Ie. anyone who on the aircon, will not be able to adjust the temperature at all.

My aircon is a Starmex. Any possible way to go about doing it?

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to styledude,

If sys 1, you can a single split sys 1 of similar btu capacity will do.

to Panzerf,
Get a non inverter sys 3. Cheaper then inverter system and more reliable.

Maybe you can try Midea, York or EuropAce? I'm guessing Midea is the cheapest brand since it's China-made.

But we get what we pay for, so do not expect them to perform as well or last as long as those heavyweight reputable brands like Daikin, Mitsubishi Electric or Panasonic.

Thanks Terumo and u0206397.

I went to IMM and saw some pricing. Also see Midea , wah like not bad 4 ticks one and 2k for sys 3.

yahoo12

Reaction score
Good experience with Gain City

Bought a sys2 ME Starmex from Gain City IMM and the whole experience from purchase to installation was a smooth and pleasant one. The salesman was not pushy and explained patiently to us the various models available and pricing. The installation guys were very professional, punctual, neat and obliging. They even painted our walls when we asked though they didn't have to. We were initially afraid of the mess of installation but the GC guys cleaned up every time they finished up a portion of the job. The air con feels great, no regrets in my purchase!:s12:

Ihavegotnosatisfaction

Reaction score
Piping issue

Hi Folks,

Can anyone suggest if I can replace my old system 3 aircon 13 years old ( must be non inverter) with new ones ..thinking ... Of changing o starmax or daikin invert using old piping. Existing piping is concealed piping.

Pls someone help me making this decision.

styledude

Banned
Reaction score
thanks guys.called the repairman.He suggested i change my a/c.My pipes are also concealed in the ceiling.I told him we didnt have any leakage for the past 10 yrs so he suggested that i keep the pipes and just change the entire a/c

Ihavegotnosatisfaction

Reaction score
Piping issue

Hi Styledude,

Did he advised you to do pressure which is quite costly. Is it must to do pressure or simply change the aircon without any tests.

Lastly does the old piping probably for non inverter would be ok for new aircon mainly inverter one's.....:(

We probably having the similar situation...

m_o_c_c_a_82

Reaction score
Did i overkilled my rooms?

Hi all,

Urgent question... i am not sure that was i being conned to buying a oversized aircon or a good deal.

Last week, i went giant & was looking for a sys 3. I'm taking the MBR with my wife and the other 2 rooms will be tenanted to couples. I bought a Midea 28k btu system 3 (12+9+9) for my 4rm flat @$2388 becos it was on promo. The salesman was pushing higher btu compresssor becos it saves $$$ as the compressor work less harder that the 21k btu.

But when i see my floorplan, the room volume sizes is as follows:
1) Master brm - 3.2m(L) X 4.2m(b) X 2.8m(h)
2) 2 common rms - 3.2m(L) X 3.3m(b) X 2.8m(h)

Do i really save $$$ in the long run? Or did i overkilled my rooms and should call the salesman to downgrade to 21k btu compressor (9+9+9)? Price difference about $300.

Last edited:

dasreich

Reaction score
I using Sharp Plasmacluster Multi-Split (Inverter) Aircon ... System 2. I think it was less than 1.5K about 5 years back.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Urgent question... i am not sure that was i being conned to buying a oversized aircon or a good deal.

Last week, i went giant & was looking for a sys 3. I'm taking the MBR with my wife and the other 2 rooms will be tenanted to couples. I bought a Midea 28k btu system 3 (12+9+9) for my 4rm flat @$2388 becos it was on promo. The salesman was pushing higher btu compresssor becos it saves $$$ as the compressor work less harder that the 21k btu.

But when i see my floorplan, the room volume sizes is as follows:
1) Master brm - 3.2m(L) X 4.2m(b) X 2.8m(h)
2) 2 common rms - 3.2m(L) X 3.3m(b) X 2.8m(h)

Do i really save $$$ in the long run? Or did i overkilled my rooms and should call the salesman to downgrade to 21k btu compressor (9+9+9)? Price difference about $300.

not really. or else all the room will takes a very long time to cool down on a hot day. n the tenant wil sure complain to u. for sure all 3 rooms wil surely concurrently turn on almost everyday.

terumo

Reaction score
To m_o_c_c_a_82,

Mbr btu requirement ard 6720btu - 9k btu.
The other 2 rooms smaller, so 9k will be enough too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.