Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMPERIAL EMPIRE

Reaction score
I plan to invest $15,000 in stocks, is it advisable to use SCB online trading?

How do I calculate the commission, SGX Access fee, clearing fee, gst I need to pay?

Lancashire

Reaction score
Hi all

Am new to SCB's trading platform as I've just opened it online and did not speak to anyone at their branch.

I realised there is no broker assigned to me, unlike my other trading acc whereby there is a broker who updates his clients on trading days his views on the market.

Is it the norm for SCB? I'm no big fish and not expecting VIP treatment,but am just curious of the different treatment.

Thank you.

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Am new to SCB's trading platform as I've just opened it online and did not speak to anyone at their branch.

I realised there is no broker assigned to me, unlike my other trading acc whereby there is a broker who updates his clients on trading days his views on the market.

Is it the norm for SCB? I'm no big fish and not expecting VIP treatment,but am just curious of the different treatment.

Thank you.

If I'm not wrong, SCB doesn't assign a broker to you. It's a basic buy/sell online trading system, with no minimum commission charges. Normal brokerages have min commissions of $25, and will assign you a broker/service person.

haydentan

Reaction score
Actually Standard Chart is slower in crediting the dividend to our security account. Called them before about it. Usually take around a week for the money to go in after ex-dividend.

Are u referring to other countries' stocks? Sgx stock dividend payout is only 1 day delay for my case.

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually Standard Chart is slower in crediting the dividend to our security account. Called them before about it. Usually take around a week for the money to go in after ex-dividend.

dividend 1 day after xD

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using SCB to trade shares in the US market?

Anything to take note of?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using SCB to trade shares in the US market?

Anything to take note of?

Commission is slightly different but still very low.

Also, you can only transfer funds into your US securities account during office hours. So if you didn't transfer money in during the day, you can't trade at night!

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anybuttie transferred shares from cdp to scb ar?
Really free anot?
Wah lao, ppl say free, but scb website keep on saying got $10.7 per counter charged by cdp/sgx
can somebuttie who had transferred successfully confirm pls?? :s12:
tq!

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybuttie transferred shares from cdp to scb ar?
Really free anot?
Wah lao, ppl say free, but scb website keep on saying got $10.7 per counter charged by cdp/sgx
can somebuttie who had transferred successfully confirm pls?? :s12:
tq!

and how long does it take?

Am thinking if i get allocated with IPO shares, can i sell them on SCB Online Platform?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I bought shares in US n SG markets using vickers. Can i sell thrgh scb??? Fees are much lower at scb.

for sg shares
1) transfer from cdp to scb

for us shares
1) transfer from vicker to scb but there will be a charge of $50 from vicker, if can, ask scb to bear this $50 charge and also ask for a box of mooncake too :s22:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought shares in US n SG markets using vickers. Can i sell thrgh scb??? Fees are much lower at scb.

try to become a preferred or priority client of stanchart. once you got a RM, you can try to negotiate with them to absorb the transfer charges.

Arsene_Wenger

Suspended
Reaction score
for sg shares
1) transfer from cdp to scb

for us shares
1) transfer from vicker to scb but there will be a charge of $50 from vicker, if can, ask scb to bear this $50 charge and also ask for a box of mooncake too :s22:

Haha. Thanks fr e reply :). I prefer ba zhang :). Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.