Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Announced!

jeffyen2

Reaction score
for point 1, it is better to use vpost.. vpost is in Oregon, has no sales tax. If you use comgateway, it will be send to another state, which a sales tax is charged to your kindle..

Not very true. CGW's address is in Oregon too.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just ordered the paperwhite with ads and leather cover and sp. dunno y leather case and sp will only be delivered in nov. die die must import myself cos an online store selling kindles and nook is selling at sgd199 for the paperwhite with ads. so freaking ex.

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone here wanna order the paperwhite together to save on the shipping cost?

expositox

Reaction score
I won't buy this as I don't think it's necessary as you can just get the cover and it'll do the same thing (protection).

That is an extension in Warranty, in case the battery or the Kindle itself suddenly spoil, they'll change for you :D

BOMPEEPEE

Reaction score
anyone here wanna order the paperwhite together to save on the shipping cost?

hey im interested! but can i add a few of my other stuff too? Err just asking, if over $400 but declare as gifts, will kena gst mah?

Last edited:

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just ordered the paperwhite with ads and leather cover and sp. dunno y leather case and sp will only be delivered in nov. die die must import myself cos an online store selling kindles and nook is selling at sgd199 for the paperwhite with ads. so freaking ex.

lol... they have to make money wor.. not like amazon is giving them commission for each sale...:D

babystitch

Master Member
Reaction score
oh ok haha thanks, err do you have any experience of shipping stuff over from amazon? Cos if I buy together with jonnieboy, dunno shipping fee how much, best if can below $400...

I see...

split the shipping.. say if there is 2 kindles, make it one order. get it sent to vpost..
then say u get ur personal stuff, then make it another order.. just make sure they don't packed together.. then u won't kena the $400..
my colleagues and i been doing that all the way :p never kena gst

tang63

Reaction score
Just to add, the ads will "refresh" itself everytime you have a wifi connection. I usually switch off wifi most of the time, unless I want another ebook from my dropbox account.

Are we able to install dropbox into kindle paperwhite as well? Through installing custom firmware?

Or were u actually referring to kindle fire in the post above? :o

I like the new leathercase for the paperwhite ...auto off and on feature with the opening of the case.. :)

I have my reservations of holding onto a leathercase that adds to its weight and makes it more uncomfortable to carry. I rather save that 40 bucks and buy some cheap pouch to carry it around. :D

Also, can anyone share how much did it cost in total to bring the kindle paperwhite (no ads) to singapore? :D

Thanks!

Last edited:

kennyg1969

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are we able to install dropbox into kindle paperwhite as well? Through installing custom firmware?

I have my reservations of holding onto a leathercase that adds to its weight and makes it more uncomfortable to carry. I rather save that 40 bucks and buy some cheap pouch to carry it around. :D

Also, can anyone share how much did it cost in total to bring the kindle paperwhite (no ads) to singapore? :D

Thanks!

I aborted the idea of buying the leathercase.. i ordered a handmade ewok kindle pouch...

Here.. use this to estimate the cost of shipping under the time&cost calculator

http://www.comgateway.com/2012/start-shopping.do?l=en&c=SG

Last edited:

babystitch

Master Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/welc...s.html&option=4&lnav=shipping_sidenav_rt.html

Based on 1.5kg weight for the kindle paperwhite, it is 27.05SGD + 139usd ( no ads) :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.