Bad Service from Singtel :(

eric lee

Reaction score
On the 9th August 2012, my father-in-law went down to Singtel Hello Shop to sign up a Fibre plan for their home. Till today, 18 September 2012, he still do not have internet at home..

Basically Singtel does not stick to their installation time, and when changed, no one bothered to inform us.

They were scheduled to install the Fibre on 3rd September 11-1pm. After 1pm, no one came. I called for my father-in-law and spoke to 3 operators: Baram, Mira, Hitti at 3 different timings that day, to find out the reason why no one came down. All 3 operators said they will escalate the case and get back to me, which no one did...

On 4th Sept, my wife called Singtel and spoke to Frank from Fibre dept and Keith from Support dept to find out when can come install. Keith said he will put it on 18 Sept 2-4pm. At 8pm, I called Singtel to confirm the date as i needed to apply leave and spoke to Marklin who transferred the call to Tabullah. Tambullah said he will call tomorrow (5th Sept) but no one called. Till now, we could not confirm the installation date and why the previous timing no one came down.

On 6th Sept 2012, we called Singtel. Combly answered and she said installation was supposed to be done yesterday on the 5th Sept, but nothing was done. We then called Singtel and Jerry from General Enquiries picked up and said he cannot do anything as it is handled by Ang Mo Kio Hub Singtel Hello Shop and Hello shop will get back to us. No reason was given why the date was changed.

On 12h Sept, Singtel called and told me they will install the Fibre on the 18th Sept 2-4pm.

On the 18th Sept, no one came from 2-4pm.I called Singtel at 5pm and Arul told me, there was never a 18th Sept installation date and the date was set on the 21st Sept 2012. No one called me and told me that...

Singtel ought to be more pro-active in their customer relations and not to inconvenience our timing due to Singtel's system error in scheduling appointments. I am truly disappointed with Singtel.

Why are we as paying customers always at the losing end... :s11:

Apex

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

Singtel dont give a damn. Even business lines also give sub-standard service.

ideatalk

Reaction score
On the 9th August 2012, my father-in-law went down to Singtel Hello Shop to sign up a Fibre plan for their home. Till today, 18 September 2012, he still do not have internet at home..

Basically Singtel does not stick to their installation time, and when changed, no one bothered to inform us.

They were scheduled to install the Fibre on 3rd September 11-1pm. After 1pm, no one came. I called for my father-in-law and spoke to 3 operators: Baram, Mira, Hitti at 3 different timings that day, to find out the reason why no one came down. All 3 operators said they will escalate the case and get back to me, which no one did...

On 4th Sept, my wife called Singtel and spoke to Frank from Fibre dept and Keith from Support dept to find out when can come install. Keith said he will put it on 18 Sept 2-4pm. At 8pm, I called Singtel to confirm the date as i needed to apply leave and spoke to Marklin who transferred the call to Tabullah. Tambullah said he will call tomorrow (5th Sept) but no one called. Till now, we could not confirm the installation date and why the previous timing no one came down.

On 6th Sept 2012, we called Singtel. Combly answered and she said installation was supposed to be done yesterday on the 5th Sept, but nothing was done. We then called Singtel and Jerry from General Enquiries picked up and said he cannot do anything as it is handled by Ang Mo Kio Hub Singtel Hello Shop and Hello shop will get back to us. No reason was given why the date was changed.

On 12h Sept, Singtel called and told me they will install the Fibre on the 18th Sept 2-4pm.

On the 18th Sept, no one came from 2-4pm.I called Singtel at 5pm and Arul told me, there was never a 18th Sept installation date and the date was set on the 21st Sept 2012. No one called me and told me that...

Singtel ought to be more pro-active in their customer relations and not to inconvenience our timing due to Singtel's system error in scheduling appointments. I am truly disappointed with Singtel.

Why are we as paying customers always at the losing end... :s11:

Sad to know that u got such bad experience............my suggestion is to ask
singtel to waive 2 mth of fee. talk to their manager if the cso cant help....talk to them nicely n i believe they will understand yor frustration.
i believe meeting installation schedule by isps is still a challenge

georgeleong

Master Member
Reaction score
wow thats bad, i signed up on 23rd Aug and installation on 13Sep.. not that bad still.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
In my case I booked the installation date around mid Aug for the job to be done on 13 Sep 11 - 1pm (gave them plenty of time). The CSO at AMK Hub promised to call back in the afternoon to confirm the appointment, but she never did. A few days later I had to call 1688 to confirm.

On the appointed date, the installer called at 11 am to say he would arrive in 20 min's time. Everything went smoothly and he left at noon.

After he left, I took another look at the Service Order and found one extra piece of equipment - a STB - that I was supposed to have but not received (my plan did not include Mio). On closer look, the form was meant for another customer which he was supposed to visit in the afternoon. I can't blame him entirely because I just signed on the form without checking.

Knowing that the other customer would have just signed blindly like me, I left it as that.

Till today no one has contacted me regarding the mistake.

eric lee

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experiences and advice guys. Hope this will caution others...:eek:

Tedsoh

Reaction score
Worst Service

I received a call from Singtel promotion team.
They offer the explorer home.
After some discussion, we decided to go for it and ask for the installation after the PSLE.
They push use to install on the 22/09/2012.
At first we does not agreed, but later give in.

Then i came across this thread.
I call Singtel this afternoon about the installation appointment.
Ha, 4D also not so accurate.
They said there is no appointment.
I told the CSO about the promotion team pushing us to install on the 22/09/2012. She checked and the promotion team return call to me, and said that the installation was not on 22/09/2012, and should be in October.

Immediately, i #@%$#%$ him and ask him to cancel the recontract.
By the way, this is the second time i encounter from Singtel.

They just Sing and Tell, then nothing is done.

eric lee

Reaction score
Hi Tedsoh, lucky you are able to cancel. My father-in-law paid at the AMK Hello Shop already. We are all disappointed in Singtel.

Wrote a complaint into Singtel feedback website regarding this matter and got the usual 'We look into it' reply... 2 days already, they want to look into it for how long as now the house has NO Internet..?

Anyone else facing these problems?

I received a call from Singtel promotion team.
They offer the explorer home.
After some discussion, we decided to go for it and ask for the installation after the PSLE.
They push use to install on the 22/09/2012.
At first we does not agreed, but later give in.

Then i came across this thread.
I call Singtel this afternoon about the installation appointment.
Ha, 4D also not so accurate.
They said there is no appointment.
I told the CSO about the promotion team pushing us to install on the 22/09/2012. She checked and the promotion team return call to me, and said that the installation was not on 22/09/2012, and should be in October.

Immediately, i #@%$#%$ him and ask him to cancel the recontract.
By the way, this is the second time i encounter from Singtel.

They just Sing and Tell, then nothing is done.

pjs

Reaction score
Hi Tedsoh, lucky you are able to cancel. My father-in-law paid at the AMK Hello Shop already. We are all disappointed in Singtel.

Wrote a complaint into Singtel feedback website regarding this matter and got the usual 'We look into it' reply... 2 days already, they want to look into it for how long as now the house has NO Internet..?

Anyone else facing these problems?

Guys

If u want quicker response from telcos then cc your complains to IDA/MDA/Case .

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys

And to MP as well?

This is not intended to offend people. A lot depends on communication skill. I would rather self-help.

wclow01

Reaction score
Guys

Bring all the signed document down to CASE and file your complaint!! Check with them whether your contract can be cancelled or not.

Edz_Sg

Reaction score
AMK Helloshop donno why got soooooooooooooo many problem =.=
even the manager got so many "history" donno got change liao or not
google it and you will know... lol

chrislzh

Reaction score
Please change to other ISP. Sing and tell is just too sucky. I waiting for my contract to be up and jump ship. They outsource their technical side and they are not serving us right. I don't feel appreciated.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't know why so many Singaporeans still willingly let ST suck their money and provide crappy service. Cause it is the no. 1 telco? Big doesn't means good, get complaecent only.

upgrade

Reaction score
and the date was set on the 21st Sept 2012.

4 days passed by... never come back to update.

My father-in-law paid at the AMK Hello Shop already.

I believe this is not SingTel practice for broadband - install first and confirm activated, phone survey feedback on contractor, then send bill... basically do work first then pay later.

I do agree their front desk at their hello shop sucks big time, the ones that issue queue numbers and does the enquiry filtering. Unfortunately, they are the ones you meet first. They turn people off. Maybe they are not on commission. The ones at promotional booth at shopping malls are more proactive but they still need rely on the support backbone.

Their CSOs can never arrange fibre installation appointment. Their 1688 support centre can only repeat what is in their system records and cannot arrange fibre installtion.

This has to be arranged by their installation dept or whatever dept they call it who liaise with OpenNet, Nuclueus Connect and contractor scheduling.

They are the ones to call you to fix and confirm appointment. They are the one who send SMS one day before the appointment date as a reminder.

I get this even for an ADSL modem delivery upon re-contract - delivery date/time and SMS reminder.

Last edited:

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
The posts are 2 years ago and yet this piece of **** is still happening now.

I have been facing the same **** from ShitTel for years till I decided to change a ISP. And you know what, my fiber line was terminated at the end of last year. And they also terminated my telehone line linked to it. And now it is still not able to recontact back after 7 days! How efficient this nonsense Telco was and even have to gut to claim they are No#1 :mad:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have been facing the same **** from ShitTel for years till I decided to change a ISP. And you know what, my fiber line was terminated at the end of last year. And they also terminated my telehone line linked to it. And now it is still not able to recontact back after 7 days! How efficient this nonsense Telco was and even have to gut to claim they are No#1 :mad:

ST is biggest in term of company size and it has the most staffs only. Honestly it has been mentioned in HWZ for many times that u can only terminate when the phone number has been successful pop into the new isp. It is also mentioned many times here about how to debundle the phone from the ST fibre plan. Common knowledge.

jameshong

Reaction score

This happen on any big ISPs and for small player...soon or later it will join in once it's grow bigger just like Purple..:s12:!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.