Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoCHARZ

Reaction score
Anyone has experiences with MHI?
I got directed to MHI while looking for Starmex.
Seems that MHI is more power saving, cheaper and more feature.

PC_Dreamer

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has experiences with MHI?
I got directed to MHI while looking for Starmex.
Seems that MHI is more power saving, cheaper and more feature.

I read that MHI's pretty good. But the power saving, according to the salesman, is calculated only via the power consumption of the compressor.

So if you use a weaker compressor, definitely the "annual cost" is lower since /hr is lower.

But using a stronger compressor might also mean that usage i.e. hr lower.

MoCHARZ

Reaction score
I read that MHI's pretty good. But the power saving, according to the salesman, is calculated only via the power consumption of the compressor.

So if you use a weaker compressor, definitely the "annual cost" is lower since /hr is lower.

But using a stronger compressor might also mean that usage i.e. hr lower.

Both power consumption does not differ much, should be still acceptable.
Unless user has used two before to make a comparison.
I am interested in the ionizer function, can turn me into ion man =p

Ihavegotnosatisfaction

Reaction score
I just got sys 3 and sys 2 Mitsubishi electric from imperials distributors. New piping all concealed I would say I took almost 3 months to search around to find the best price and workmanship. After they complete thir I m one of their very satisfied customer. There's a guy name Tim very cool and helpful. 92321641 . If get a chance I'll post pics of their work cheers

uabbyss

Reaction score
hi guys, today got a quote from big boys for mit ele sys 2 inverter, using compressor MX2E20VA
blower unit MSYGE10VA
MSYGE13VA
5Yrs free warranty, parts and all
stainless steel bracket
armaflex 1/2inch insulation
grade 23 copper piping
drainage pipe 16mm
free installlation and dismantling of current setup
Total $2479
is it a good deal, or can get anywhere else cheaper?

MoCHARZ

Reaction score
hi guys, today got a quote from big boys for mit ele sys 2 inverter, using compressor MX2E20VA
blower unit MSYGE10VA
MSYGE13VA
5Yrs free warranty, parts and all
stainless steel bracket
armaflex 1/2inch insulation
grade 23 copper piping
drainage pipe 16mm
free installlation and dismantling of current setup
Total $2479
is it a good deal, or can get anywhere else cheaper?

You could ask Tim for a quotation, as mentioned above.
The price he quoted is competitive.

Kiyo

Master Member
Reaction score
is GC recommendable?

was actually looking at Hong Tar but since they only accept cash terms only, gonna look at the next best alternative.

anyone can advise?:D

MoCHARZ

Reaction score
is GC recommendable?

was actually looking at Hong Tar but since they only accept cash terms only, gonna look at the next best alternative.

anyone can advise?:D

Price not so competitive but friendlier to the wallet with monthly installment
They are also professional enough to discuss about the installation and giving recommendation

Traxgen

Reaction score
Hi I'm currently looking to change my aircon unit (12+ years) for a 5-room HDB. Any brand recommendations? And where's the place that usually give the best deals? :D

deathdealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does the compressor unit come with the r410a refrigerant? didn't see the a/c man top up any gas during installation.

uabbyss

Reaction score
hi guys, Recently installed a mit elec, system 2, happy with it so far, now my Sharp non inverter on the other side of the house is giving problem, Indoor units all off, but outdoor unit still running,after chemical wash, spent $400 for all 3 units and compressor. For a whole week it was running non stop, and I didn't notice, It took alot of juice from my electric bill, and bill shot up to $400+, just my freaking luck, Tech came to check and say Main PCB board screwed up,cost of repair atleast 400+ for recon part, new no warranty, $500+.Thinking of changing system 3 midea, as the price so much cheaper than all the other brands, but so far only read negative feedbacks, anyone out there has install it please please do give remark,badly, badly need it, Price of other big brand is atleast $1k + then midea, help me out here guys, please give your review, irony is all my lost involves the no.4, Si Si Si ah, like this die ah.

richard_lim

Reaction score
I was somewhat luckier. Bought Samsung System 4 in October, had it installed in last December. We usually used one 1 of 4 rooms at a time. In May, we discovered one of the room (which we used before) was no longer cool.

The service guy came and finally diagnose a mainboard problem. They have no parts on hand. After bugging them for 1~2 months, they finally offered to exchange my outdoor comopressor FOC.

Now OK. Was lucky the fault developed in the first year. Had the same expensive compressor trick happen in my last Daikin aircon - so I routinely decline the 5-year warranty as a gimmick. Daikin charged me $580 to change a compressor under their 5-year warranty also - some gobbledygook about free compressor but $500 labor!

In this regard, Samsung is no worse than the next guy. This time around, I figured I should convert my 5-year warranty to $300~400 cash discount and then pay for it upfront when the time comes... Did this at Gain City.

The only disadvantage to my Samsung is that the compressor is a bit taller than normal. Could pose a problem if you have extra low window sill - OK in my case. No problem with noise, even though the compressor is mounted immediately outside the MBR window.

I have very bad experience with Samsung aircon. The moment it was installed, the aircon is weak and compressor very noisy. My house was vacant for 3 months after aircon installation. Immediately 13 months after installation the aircon delay burnt (means I only use for 10 months actually). Samsung agent repair is very expensive so I got others to repair. 6 months after repair the capacitor and compressor spoil. Compressor got 5 years warranty so it's free but the checking fee and workmanship for changing compressor is $350 before GST! Including capacitor repair total is around $500! The Samsung agent seemed very honest and told me not worth it to get it repaired. What a lemon. Stay away from Samsung aircon. Now i'm going to buy Mit electric inverter.

Last edited:

tropicana

Reaction score
Really wonder how will the Lemon Law change the a/c industry in SG, for the better of course. Got this off the MTI website...

lemon.jpg

mobster

Reaction score
My 7 year old Mitsubshi Electric system 4 has recently konk out.
I am looking for a replacement and cosnidering using the exisitng piping to save cost.
Is this advisable or feasibile at all?
I believe my current system is using R22 where the new models are using R410 or do I have to switch to Daikin?

Thank you in advance

smoothtalker

Reaction score
I have very bad experience with Samsung aircon. The moment it was installed, the aircon is weak and compressor very noisy. My house was vacant for 3 months after aircon installation. Immediately 13 months after installation the aircon delay burnt (means I only use for 10 months actually). Samsung agent repair is very expensive so I got others to repair. 6 months after repair the capacitor and compressor spoil. Compressor got 5 years warranty so it's free but the checking fee and workmanship for changing compressor is $350 before GST! Including capacitor repair total is around $500! The Samsung agent seemed very honest and told me not worth it to get it repaired. What a lemon. Stay away from Samsung aircon. Now i'm going to buy Mit electric inverter.

ME TOO! Samsung is very jia lat. the aircon is cheap but the official servicing company is a outsource local company. my samsung aircon not even cold.. set to 16 also not cold. then the repair man came and smoke me deep deep. tell me inverter not as cold. tell me all the rubbish. then i du lan i go straight compaint up. they change the unit but damaged all my insulation and tried to smoked me say everyone also fix aircon this way. Samsung and their service team is really mediocre.

i really cannot tahan i finally got a mitsubishi inverter. Mitsubishi super good. aircon remote 27 degree as cold as samsung 16 degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.