MSc Applied Economics at NTU

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
yep..from the website it seems so..

but "prestige" wise - which is better?

considering taking it after my degree..

Of coz NUS is better. But both NTU and NUS masters cannot guarantee u a proper job such as economist and analyst in the light of the numerous graduates in the current market.

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
Nus is more costly than ntu . That's y I did not consider nus .

NUS Masters in econs cost $32,000++ whereas the one at NTU cost $21,000++.

It is not about passing the degree, its about whether the money and time invested to procure the master degree is worthwhile or not....

Puppy_pup1990

Reaction score
Yeah, prestige wise, I am not too sure. But NTU still ranks below Ivy League uni.

It will cost me $21,000++, hence i am not too sure whether i should proceed.

Sigh... hard decision.:s11::s11:
I already accepted the offer . I think can use the edusave pse money to pay for part of your school fees . It's a hard decision to make but thinking over the long term , having a masters would make u stand out from the rest who only have a degree . Are u from uol also ?

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
I already accepted the offer . I think can use the edusave pse money to pay for part of your school fees . It's a hard decision to make but thinking over the long term , having a masters would make u stand out from the rest who only have a degree . Are u from uol also ?

Half NUS and half UOL

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway, I have decided not to pursue the Master Degree.

The no.1 reason being : high cost of schools fees without assurance of a job in the research line.

Who knows ended up being a credit card salesman again.... :eek::eek:

abcde83

Reaction score
Anyway, I have decided not to pursue the Master Degree.

The no.1 reason being : high cost of schools fees without assurance of a job in the research line.

Who knows ended up being a credit card salesman again.... :eek::eek:

again? you mean you worked as cc salesman post-graduation?

that's bad...

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bingo!! I am the person whom everyone called Tau Now Bo Ho Say!!! Crazy enoguh to study at SIM after NUS according to some NUS folks.

no offence ah..

but NUS real estate considered very a rigorous course? :s11:

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a merit for my grad dip ya.

Macro: 60
EOE: More than u by 1 mark
Micro: 62
QF: 49

ic..not bad. :D

anyway, taking the masters not necessarily can get a job but i would think its like a chicken and egg problem.

now you might think they is no demand for such grads, but you might easily get an analyst job if you take CFA papers as well together with completing this programme.

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score

anyway, taking the masters not necessarily can get a job but i would think its like a chicken and egg problem.

now you might think they is no demand for such grads, but you might easily get an analyst job if you take CFA papers as well together with completing this programme.

Well, analyst jobs are not easy to procure. For every vacancy, there are 300-500 applicants who have completed the CFA programme.

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
Well, analyst jobs are not easy to procure. For every vacancy, there are 300-500 applicants who have completed the CFA programme.

Anyway, there are thousands of CFA graduates (completed all 3 levels) but cant find a decent job in the research line.

abcde83

Reaction score

you are definitely not in the banking market....it's definitely not true....

there are CFA holders doing ops job, mind you..

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you are definitely not in the banking market....it's definitely not true....

there are CFA holders doing ops job, mind you..

ok, i have not gone out to work yet so it was just what i guessed.

but CFA together with applied economics?

TauNowBoHoSay

Banned
Reaction score
ok, i have not gone out to work yet so it was just what i guessed.

but CFA together with applied economics?

I think employers want relevant work experience. If u do not have it, u will have to join the industry through social networks.

Otherwise, your resume will not be considered (even if you score 100 for EOE).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.