Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's a Catch-22 situation: you need trading experience to open a trading account, but you can't get trading experience until you open a trading account. I don't know why they have the "minimum 6 trades" rule in the first place...

You need trading experience or relevant experience or qualification to buy/sell foreign listed market + etf and warrants listed in Singapore only.

My guess is because scb does not have the procedure or technology to restrict selective markets or limit for specific market for certain classification of clients to trade and therefore they have to restrict all markets include Singapore market also.

Maybe you guys can consider taking the sgx education test and try to pass then bring down the email n show them that you are qualified and educated enough to start trading with scb?

Skywalker87

Reaction score
Where you open the account?
Which branch?

I applied last sat, Standard Chartered Branch at tampines. She even told me SCB is not linked to CDP, then i give her the :s11: face. LOL. Then she patiently explained to me... I didn't fill up anything, she filled for me and i simply sign...

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB ish the custodian of your shares. CDP no link one.

They up lorry your shares also up lorry.

Don't worry we gotch MAS to support them before they up lorry.

fbb005

Reaction score
SCB ish the custodian of your shares. CDP no link one.

They up lorry your shares also up lorry.

Don't worry we gotch MAS to support them before they up lorry.

Can we transfer from SCB to CDP if we have a CDP account..?

fbb005

Reaction score
I applied last sat, Standard Chartered Branch at tampines. She even told me SCB is not linked to CDP, then i give her the :s11: face. LOL. Then she patiently explained to me... I didn't fill up anything, she filled for me and i simply sign...

The address of scb tampines is this one?

Tampines
3 Tampines Central 1 #01-01 Abacus Plaza
Singapore 529540

I tried open in SCB NEX, but they refuce to open for me because I don't have experience in trading SIP..
Maybe next week try open in the tamipes branch.

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I heard STI ETF will an exclusion to do CAR already..

still pending MAS review..

zumaba

Reaction score
can I transfer my US share with Phillip Securities to SCB trading A/C to save the bloody custody fee charged by Phillip?

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stanchart is maintaining its low cost fee structure. utilise it while it lasts! buy in smaller lots to ride these volatile and uncertain periods.

Reaction score
anyone use SCB online trading to trade US stocks?

how do I get started? now I use SCB online trading trade SG stocks, need to fill up extra application forms?

I called SCB trading hotline rep but she doesnt give me clear info about the extra forms part.

She did told me that the commission is 0.25% for US stocks but when I ask her if it covers the charges for NYSE/NASDAQ trading she seems to be confused and put me on hold for long.

SCB is better or I use etrade/ameri trade? :s11:

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone use SCB online trading to trade US stocks?

how do I get started? now I use SCB online trading trade SG stocks, need to fill up extra application forms?

I called SCB trading hotline rep but she doesnt give me clear info about the extra forms part.

She did told me that the commission is 0.25% for US stocks but when I ask her if it covers the charges for NYSE/NASDAQ trading she seems to be confused and put me on hold for long.

SCB is better or I use etrade/ameri trade? :s11:

Don't bother calling, not all CSOs know their stuff well. Go down to the branch and you can get everything settled.

If you don't already have a US trading account with SCB, you have to go to the branch to open it. They will give you the necessary forms to fill in on the spot.

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ever since my iPad upgrade to i0s 6, I cannot access the online trading section. Anyone facing similar issue ?

Soomp!

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Stanchart is maintaining its low cost fee structure. utilise it while it lasts! buy in smaller lots to ride these volatile and uncertain periods.

but we cannot buy as we do not pass the CAR and waiting patiently for MAS to loosen the limitation..

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but we cannot buy as we do not pass the CAR and waiting patiently for MAS to loosen the limitation..

my advice is to be pro-active. you dont wait for the rules to change. you do something that you can do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.