Courts Asia IPO

Deathzz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
apply through your dbs ibanking. under eps or go atm press press. should be very clear when you see the courts option. make sure you have your cdp acc, else can forget it

SoulDealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah if u got a exist broker account no cdp then need to go down to sgx but if u open new broker account normally a cdp will come with it.

I got an account with SCB. But can I open another account with UOB/OCBC ?

incredible.piggie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got an account with SCB. But can I open another account with UOB/OCBC ?

scb one if i not wrong the shares are held in their nominee account and not yours. means chiu no hab cdp account.

brokerage firm can open as many as chiu huan:crazy: but only can 1 cdp account

maisatomai

Banned
Reaction score
The business model is quite good IMO.

Retailers are all going under but courts still sell items which must be purchased through physical store such as furnitures. Their 0% installment is good for low incone

starbugs

Master Member
Reaction score
Just think:

How much further can Courts grow? Its store network is probably already near saturation in Singapore and Malaysia. (A similar IPO recently would be Sheng Shiong, but SS still had much room to grow in Singapore at the time of its IPO)

Courts said it wanted to open stores in Indonesia. Courts' previous Indonesia stores lost money. How confident are they that it wouldn't be the same outcome?

Lastly, like someone already mentioned, most the proceeds are going to existing shareholders. I read the article in ST yesterday that the owners have been trying to hawk Courts out for the past 2 years without success. Now offloading via IPO.

I won't touch this. My 2 cents only.

sunzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The business model is quite good IMO.

Retailers are all going under but courts still sell items which must be purchased through physical store such as furnitures. Their 0% installment is good for low incone

They delisted sometime back right? So I am not sure how good is this business model.

What happened to those who held their shares back then?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.