Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To bro mobster,

If ur piping is in good condition , (no gas top up/water condensation issues) then u can use back the pipes.
Any feedback from your regular serviceman?

ninja_tuner

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to get sys 3 inverter, heard Daikin is a good brand...
can give me some recommendations..?

I don't mind spending a bit more to get a good one.
Don't want the hassle of having to keep repairing a cheap but lousy one.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mobster

Reaction score
To bro mobster,

If ur piping is in good condition , (no gas top up/water condensation issues) then u can use back the pipes.
Any feedback from your regular serviceman?

Thanks for your reponse.

My current system was installed and service by H* T*. The service man mentioned nothing specific. Basically system is old, the sensor that send the cold air to the MBR has gone haywire, some valve at the compressor has oliy slick = leaking.

Doesn't sound like an exisiting piping issue but I am concern if I switch to the new gas, whether there will be leakage in thte future due to the thinner copper that I currently have.

Options I can think of:

1. Daikin with R22 and keep exisitng piping - cheapest option ($3,298.00)
2. Mit Elec with R410 and keep exisiting piping - same pricing and I can opt for a GE24 fan unit for my living room with less than $100 top up ($3,378.00)
3. Mit Elec with R410 and change new piping - need to get quote. How much usually is the price diff?

I am sending you a PM to check if you have any comments of this vendor.

terumo

Reaction score
to ninja_turner,

U may want to take a look @ the Daikin R410a series then.
Or the R22 which is slightly cheaper by the R410 series.

oakhub

Reaction score
Went to Natural Cool. Given a quote as follows:-

Mitsubishi MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VAx3 =$3099 [$2899 after Less S$200/- discount] inclusive of upgraded materials;
Remove old system & Trade-in $50
Total: $2849/-.

Is this a good deal. Saw Gain City selling for $2989 + $180 = $3169/- [no trade in of old air-con.

ninja_tuner

Reaction score
to ninja_turner,

U may want to take a look @ the Daikin R410a series then.
Or the R22 which is slightly cheaper by the R410 series.

Thanks terumo,

actually I read somewhere that the R22 will still be quite readily available and only totally phase out in 2019...so for now it is still relatively safe to buy R22 (since still have 7-years to go).....do u know if this is true..?

terumo

Reaction score
R22 gas will be available in the next few years.
U can buy a r22 model now n switch to r410 on ur next aircon purchase (next 5-7 years later)

huskyjude

Reaction score
MHI vs Mitshibishi Electric

hi terumo,

why do you say that Mitsubishi electric is better than mitshibishi heavy industries?

Thanks,
Louise

ksmang

Reaction score
Sharp Multi-Split (Inverter) AU-X3M24MV

Hi all, any reviews regarding this model Sharp Multi-Split (Inverter) AU-X3M24MV? Is this good? Was looking at Panasonic but GC sales person recommended this instead.

Appreciate all adv

terumo

Reaction score
I feel that ME is better based on feedback from my friends.

ME after sales seems to be better too. (IMO)

Last edited:

ninja_tuner

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Panasonic...?

this particular model: Panasonic Inverter System 3- CU3S27MKZ/ CSS9NKZW

terumo any comments?

Thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
to ninja_tuner,

Panasonic not bad. A value for money aircon brand.

missyevo, average lifespan around 5 to 7 years.

deathdealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i just install a sys4 ME. I notice that when my bedroom 3 a/c is turn on, the air that comes out from my bedroom 2 a/c (fan mode) is cold... is that wrong?? the masterbedroom and living room doesn't have this problem.

Toiozz

Reaction score
clueless

Hi all, I am looking to get a system 3 inverter aircon for my 3 bedrooms. Is there any good brands which I can get for less than 2.5k? My family aircon utilisation rate is not that high, probably around 1-2 days each week?

As I am staying in old HDB, I think it will need to change brackets, trunking and remove the old units which will probably incurred extra costs.

I saw that Gain City is organising a Get IT at expo in first weekend of Nov. Is it a good time to get during such exhibitions?

chiach

Reaction score
Went to Natural Cool. Given a quote as follows:-

Mitsubishi MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VAx3 =$3099 [$2899 after Less S$200/- discount] inclusive of upgraded materials;
Remove old system & Trade-in $50
Total: $2849/-.

Is this a good deal. Saw Gain City selling for $2989 + $180 = $3169/- [no trade in of old air-con.
to Oakhub :

I bought from GC during the GetIT show @Expo end Sept'12 ME Sys 3 inverter :
1. MXY3A28VA x1
2. MSYGE10VA x2
3. MSYGE13VA x1

Price : $3039 ($2989 if you replace MSYGE13VA with MSYGE10VA) + $ 150 bracket + Dismantle/trade in. 3/8" Armaflex + G23 copper pipe. I did not want the upgrade to 1/2" insulation ($180). 1 year manufacturer warranty + 4 yrs extended warranty (by GC : All indoor + outdoor unit mechanical + electronic parts excl remote control and outer plastic+removal plastic part of the indoor unit ) + 3 yrs GC installation warranty (need to go GC website to register to get this Installation warranty). Condition : unauthorised repair or service render warranty null n void etc....

Experience : Good with the sales but bad with the installation technician. Technician did not make big enough wall opening size. Insulation tube was forced thru the rough edge of the wall causing torn surface on abt 2m length. Technician kept saying it was fine. Only upon my insistence that he changed the tube. Insulation are also compressed at this tight wall opening. OWNER BEWARE!!!!!

Terumo, I did not check if technician did a thorough replacement for every inch of torn insulation surface. So far, room temperature in 3 rooms is satisfactory and no condensation or water leak at any part of the trunking in the past 2 wks . But I am worry about condensation at the compressed and torn surface. Had complained to GC. Any advice and comment on detection and estimate how long should I monitor before I can safely say that condensation is not going to be a problem. Thank you in advance.

Other info to share : Power consumption (purely Air-cond usage) drop by close to 50% after I replaced my 15 yrs old National Sys 3 non inverter to ME Sys 3 inverter. [10 kWhr to 5 kWhr for 2 rooms turn on from ~8 pm to ~7 am]

terumo

Reaction score
To deathdealer,

Maybe cross piping/wiring or the outdoor unit expansion valve faulty.

Get the ME guys to come and check since its under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.