The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, i have a few question about hair care. I really love to style my hair everyday but i'm equally afraid that my hair will get easily damage and result in balding in the future. I was wondering if there are any hair care measures that i can do or products i can use that will help improve my hair health.
And i'm currently using redken working wax maneuver which i bought online. I was wondering if there is anyplace selling this wax as i'm quite satisfy with the product. It would be good if it is around the yishun area and if possible the price too! thank you in advance!

Maybe you can consider using organic hair wax instead?

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, im pretty troubled with all the different types of hair stylinf products available. i own gatsby moving rubber(grey and purple), i find that it is rather wash off and the strength of the wax is not there.
I wanna do KOREAN hairstyles but with little success. i have a few different types of wax in mind:
Redken maneuver working wax;
Tigi Bed Head;
Fudge Matte Hed;
Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty.
All the 4 above that i have listed are based on internet reviews from other websites. I would like to ask if any of them are good? Reviews? Other recommendations? Of the 4 options above, i have only used Fudge Matte Hed hold factor 9 before. The strength of fudge's is rather good but it leaves a sticky feeling after that(if i remember it correctly).

and also, how about hairsprays to hold the style in place? i read that redken 23 is rather good. is it so? experiences anyone? reviews? other brands?

If you guys know where to get a particular brand at a cheaper price in singapore, please let me know cuz im a noob:p are they all available in people's park?

It would be of great help of you guys could assist in answering my questions and i'm sorry if anybody feels that i have too many questions here. Thank you very much in advance.

What is your hair texture like?

You can find some brands, e.g. Redken, Kerastase in Chinatown but not all.

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, im pretty troubled with all the different types of hair stylinf products available. i own gatsby moving rubber(grey and purple), i find that it is rather wash off and the strength of the wax is not there.
I wanna do KOREAN hairstyles but with little success. i have a few different types of wax in mind:
Redken maneuver working wax;
Tigi Bed Head;
Fudge Matte Hed;
Toni & Guy Men Styling Putty.
All the 4 above that i have listed are based on internet reviews from other websites. I would like to ask if any of them are good? Reviews? Other recommendations? Of the 4 options above, i have only used Fudge Matte Hed hold factor 9 before. The strength of fudge's is rather good but it leaves a sticky feeling after that(if i remember it correctly).

and also, how about hairsprays to hold the style in place? i read that redken 23 is rather good. is it so? experiences anyone? reviews? other brands?

If you guys know where to get a particular brand at a cheaper price in singapore, please let me know cuz im a noob:p are they all available in people's park?

It would be of great help of you guys could assist in answering my questions and i'm sorry if anybody feels that i have too many questions here. Thank you very much in advance.

Hmm sometimes the wax's holding power may vary if it suits your hair too. Personally I use redken roughclay 20, its waaaaaaay easier to wash off compared to gatsby products & it has greater holding power(oh and it smells great imo) compared to gatsby, but of cos not as strong as those gatsby product which clumps ur hair in a lump like gatsby clay.

Some good hair products are Redken Rough Clay 20, Redken Rough Paste 12(my new fav, went to try it after seeing reviews on youtube), American Crew Pomade and hanz de fuko products

About where to get em' I heard that you can purchase redken products at chinatown's oceans. If not I'm selling redken products too, can drop me a pm if you're interested.

Also, korean hairstyles like? Those curly wave? Or those boyband group's spike

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, i have a few question about hair care. I really love to style my hair everyday but i'm equally afraid that my hair will get easily damage and result in balding in the future. I was wondering if there are any hair care measures that i can do or products i can use that will help improve my hair health.
And i'm currently using redken working wax maneuver which i bought online. I was wondering if there is anyplace selling this wax as i'm quite satisfy with the product. It would be good if it is around the yishun area and if possible the price too! thank you in advance!

I'm selling redken products so you could pm me if you're interested.

If you're using wax often, its kinda hard to not hurt your hair, all you can do is try applying less? Or try to not put as and when you can! Also, getting recommended brands and products will be better too like redken, american crew, hanzdefuko etc.

About redken products, heard u can purchase them at chinatown's oceans. Never been to there before tho.

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
will joico moulding clay or redken rough clay 20 a better choice? Any hairspray to recommend that holds well ?

Holding power, Joico has better hold than roughclay20, but roughclay20 has better effect (I own both products)
Smell wise, both aint bad but I gotta say joico smells better
It actually depends on what hairstyles you're doing, but I personally prefer redken20 as its waaaay easier to wash off and it doesn't clumps my hair as bad as joico and easier to apply!
Redken 12 rough paste is good too!

About hairspray, basically going to those neighbourhood saloon and getting those $8> hairspray will do if you're only factoring in holding power. But if you want holding power and won't make your hair looks like you've used plenty of hairspray nor making your hair looks wet. You could try Redken spray 23, could google up the reviews!

Anyw if you're interested with redken products you could pm me and I could hook you up with em'

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
hi currently using Redken maneuver wax. is there a product that is as easy to wash off but has a stronger hold?

Personally I didn't tried that before but I did heard some pleasant reviews on it.
I'm currently using redken roughclay20 its easy to wash off and have great holding power. If you're looking for super easy to wash off you can try redken fibergum but holding power wise kinda low

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
something similar to the hairstyle in the video

youtube.com/watch?v=peybNL86yqA&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LL2KoQuGk54NgKbEl7LxLJxA]Kim Hyun

Oh nice, if that's the case Redken Rough Clay 20 would suit that! Plus it won't clumps your hair nor flatten it! Other alternative is Redken Rough Paste 12! And blowing your hair to your desired hairstyle and then applying wax would make it stay for a loooong time and the effect will be awesome!

Perfect1onist

Reaction score
Oh nice, if that's the case Redken Rough Clay 20 would suit that! Plus it won't clumps your hair nor flatten it! Other alternative is Redken Rough Paste 12! And blowing your hair to your desired hairstyle and then applying wax would make it stay for a loooong time and the effect will be awesome!

I read that Redken Rough Clay 20 is good but its discontinued? and the alternative Rough Paste 12 is not any better? A similar product to Rough Clay 20 is Matrix Design Pulse Beach Clay? :/

I'm still open for any other available review of choice...

KeNshEz

Reaction score
Have you heard of Hanz De Fuko products, Organic and natural. You can youtube or google for more information or you visit my thread or my site for more details. Cheers for good hair!

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
I read that Redken Rough Clay 20 is good but its discontinued? and the alternative Rough Paste 12 is not any better? A similar product to Rough Clay 20 is Matrix Design Pulse Beach Clay? :/

I'm still open for any other available review of choice...

Probably discontinued in US or something, I have no difficulty getting roughclay20. Never tried the beach clay before so I can't comment on it! I also own roughpaste12 and I feel its good? Can't be just me, I got it after I see some product reccomendation video on youtube!

Perfect1onist

Reaction score
Probably discontinued in US or something, I have no difficulty getting roughclay20. Never tried the beach clay before so I can't comment on it! I also own roughpaste12 and I feel its good? Can't be just me, I got it after I see some product reccomendation video on youtube!

Yea, managed to find it today at chapter2 but didn't buy it yet. $43 :/
What's the diff between Rough clay 20 and Rough paste 12? Strength, usability, weight?
I owned the Gatsby moving rubber(grey/matte), I disliked it because it's rather weak for me and hard to wash off. Are both products from redken stronger than the Gatsby moving rubber?
Tell me more about the Hanz de Fuko product I've heard of if but have no knowledge about their products. Where can I get them? Thanks:)

Last edited:

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the diff between Rough clay 20 and Rough paste 12? Strength, usability, weight?
I owned the Gatsby moving rubber(grey/matte), I disliked it because it's rather weak for me and hard to wash off. Are both products from redken stronger than the Gatsby moving rubber?
Tell me more about the Hanz de Fuko product I've heard of if but have no knowledge about their products. Where can I get them? Thanks:)

I only sell it at $31 though. Its pretty similar imo, paste12 is in a bottle format, easy usage compared to clay20 as clay20 is in a minitub which you have to dig out. Strengthwise, 20 has the edge. Personally I don't like gatsby as after usage halfway thruout the day the strength is gone. There's some forumer selling em' at this thread if I rmb correctly, I got mine ordered online tho. Hanzdefuko is a organic type of hairstylingproduct! Hope this helps

Oh p.s. Paste12 has a lil more shine than clay20.

KeNshEz

Reaction score
Hi Perfect1onist, you can get them from me, feel free to contact me for more details or visit my Site. Thank you!

starsandstripes

Reaction score
What's the best product to get Psy's hairstyle? Hair gel, pomade, Brylcreem? Recommendations?

2012-09-16-PSYonSNL_jpg_630x352_q85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.