[Priority Pass] Lounges at Changi Airport

Suleyman

Reaction score
Anyone tried Rainforest @ T1? Better than Skyview?

Rainforest is almost like a cafeteria... It is not better than Skyview. Considering that I disagree with the previous post & I think Skyview sucks, this should indicate what I think of Rainforest.

Frankly, the lounges available to PP in Changi sucks. T3 is bearable but in T1 & 2, I would almost prefer to sit at Starbucks to those lounges, except that I am a cheapskate and don't want to pay for the food.

Now, this is not the case internationally. I have used the PP lounges in KLIA, HCM & PEK and they are quite nice. Changi really needs to up their game in this regards...

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think Skyview is the best for me because I use T1 more than other terminals and best of all only Skyview allows kids 12 years and below free entry.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea which of the lounges has the best food? I'm taking Scoot this Friday to Sydney and I don't really fancy blowing $ on their food. :o

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea, in Korea Incheon airport, which lounge is good?
- KAL lounge(Concourse A)
- Asiana lounge (Concourse A)
- Hub Lounge (Main terminal)
- Matina (Main terminal)

By the way changi airport got 5 lounge to choose right, how someone above say only one that accept PP? don understand

- Ambassador transit lounge (T3)
- Ambassador transit lounge (T2)
- Rainforest by sats (T1)
- The green market (T2)
- The skyview lounge (T1)

Suleyman

Reaction score
Any idea which of the lounges has the best food? I'm taking Scoot this Friday to Sydney and I don't really fancy blowing $ on their food. :o

I would say they are all about the same. I would just go to the one at T2 for convenience. Not really worth trekking all the way to another terminal just to get marginally better food. Depending on the time of day, there may not be hot food available, but there should be cup noodles, as a last resort.

Any idea, in Korea Incheon airport, which lounge is good?
- KAL lounge(Concourse A)
- Asiana lounge (Concourse A)
- Matina (Main terminal)

They are all decent. However, Concourse A is a fair distance from the Main Terminal. Only use the ones in the Concourse if your flight is departing from there. If from the Main Terminal, just pick the one nearer to your gate.

By the way changi airport got 5 lounge to choose right, how someone above say only one that accept PP? don understand

- Ambassador transit lounge (T3)
- Ambassador transit lounge (T2)
- Rainforest by sats (T1)
- The green market (T2)
- The skyview lounge (T1)

I think it was a figure of speech. These are the 5 you can choose from. Just pick the one that would be closest to your departure gate.

Last edited:

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would say they are all about the same. I would just go to the one at T2 for convenience. Not really worth trekking all the way to another terminal just to get marginally better food. Depending on the time of day, there may not be hot food available, but there should be cup noodles, as a last resort.

They are all decent. However, Concourse A is a fair distance from the Main Terminal. Only use the ones in the Concourse if your flight is departing from there. If from the Main Terminal, just pick the one nearer to your gate.

I think it was a figure of speech. These are the 5 you can choose from. Just pick the one that would be closest to your departure gate.

Any idea Korean air is depart from mian or concourse ?

Suleyman

Reaction score
Any idea Korean air is depart from mian or concourse ?

Main Building. Generally, for international travel, the 2 Korean airlines (Korea Air & Asiana) use the main terminal and all foreign airlines use the Concourse.

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Main Building. Generally, for international travel, the 2 Korean airlines (Korea Air & Asiana) use the main terminal and all foreign airlines use the Concourse.

OIC....thanks

then only this 2 choice
- Matina (Main terminal)

layzibum22

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As of this month (Oct 2012), they still have this policy.
I received a new PP card (a replacement) and the letter still says that guest access counts towards the complimentary visits. I could take a pic/scan of the letter if you like.

So that means if both a guest and I go sign in to a lounge, I would exhaust the two complimentary visits for this calender year right?

And if I were to sign in again say in Dec, both me and my guest have to pay right?

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone had Citi PM card already cancelled but still have a PP and able to use the PP?

commonguy

Reaction score

Rainforest sucks. Food, space, view, everything.
For me Skyview still the best (from all PP Lounges in Changi).

So that means if both a guest and I go sign in to a lounge, I would exhaust the two complimentary visits for this calender year right?

And if I were to sign in again say in Dec, both me and my guest have to pay right?

Correct.

Btw, just want to mention that PP from Citi and ANZ are based on calendar year, but PP from DBS is based on membership year. Meaning e.g. If we become cardholder in Oct 2012, the next free access will be from Oct 2013. Interestingly, My PP card from DBS is valid for 5 years while my friend got one year PP card from DBS.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rainforest sucks. Food, space, view, everything.
For me Skyview still the best (from all PP Lounges in Changi).

Correct.

Btw, just want to mention that PP from Citi and ANZ are based on calendar year, but PP from DBS is based on membership year. Meaning e.g. If we become cardholder in Oct 2012, the next free access will be from Oct 2013. Interestingly, My PP card from DBS is valid for 5 years while my friend got one year PP card from DBS.

I read the PP application for my dbs altitude, its valid for 5 years.

Suleyman

Reaction score

Odd, my PP cards from both Citi PM and ANZ are based on membership year...

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone had Citi PM card already cancelled but still have a PP and able to use the PP?
I did just that. Not on purpose, but took the wrong card out and utilised it. Realised it when I was in the lounge, but could do nothing about it. Anyway, I was charged 30+ much much later...

commonguy

Reaction score
Odd, my PP cards from both Citi PM and ANZ are based on membership year...

The PP cards have validity based on membership month/year.

I was referring to the free access calculation. Citi and ANZ cycle is from Jan-Dec, while DBS cycle starts from your membership month, which is stated in the PP card also.

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did just that. Not on purpose, but took the wrong card out and utilised it. Realised it when I was in the lounge, but could do nothing about it. Anyway, I was charged 30+ much much later...

How did they charge you if your Citi credit card was already cancelled?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.