NUS jobless Fresh Graduates lai lai...

plutoplace

Reaction score
lol i mean realism bah. at the very least, do not go below what u won't want to work at. Must be happy working for that pay. If know that never go for internships to make yourself proven, then understandably you won't dare ask for much also, then again dun go below what u won't want to work at.

I did ask for low 2k before, the feeling that u r offered isn't really very good to feel to the extent u feel like rejecting.

Yes it is a bad move. Because you are telling the interviewer that you are not confident of your ability/skills and are only worth that low pay.

Never beg for the job. Instead show confidence and assert that you can contribute to the company. Some ppl in a haste to find a job, will agree on anything.

kingtrade

Banned
Reaction score
Yes it is a bad move. Because you are telling the interviewer that you are not confident of your ability/skills and are only worth that low pay.

Never beg for the job. Instead show confidence and assert that you can contribute to the company. Some ppl in a haste to find a job, will agree on anything.

But make sure you can backup up your confidence, even if only to a certain extent.

There is a fine line between assertion and exaggeration.

plutoplace

Reaction score
Yo Guys

Graduating this May

Anyone still looking for job? Or got offer already?

Share your status here!

sKeLeT0n

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is a real estate firm that deals with facilities mgmt worth joining?
but it is an engineering job, not property agent kind.

Redberries

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AGREE... if u start on a bad footing by degrading urself, how u expect ur employer to respect u.

Then again some people start low, but they do so well, their next increment from their promotion is like $500-$1,000 more!
Where got so good. 500-1000
Alot increment under $100 only

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
Heard that Econs fresh grads (<FCH) have problems finding jobs. With more places created in SIT and SIM, I think the job market is going to get worse. :s22::s22:

Non FCH here. Starting work next month. Pay higher than median/avg. Just want to say it is not just your grades.

It is also how you perform in the interview. Confidence. Passion. Good communication skills are a huge must. Your body language, etc all counts.

Don't give up just because u are not FCH.

mistersatki_

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Non FCH here. Starting work next month. Pay higher than median/avg. Just want to say it is not just your grades.

It is also how you perform in the interview. Confidence. Passion. Good communication skills are a huge must. Your body language, etc all counts.

Don't give up just because u are not FCH.

so ur pay is how much ?
3.5k ? that is above median / avg

whats ur median / avg u looking at ?

junialum

Master Member
Reaction score
More than that but my point was not about pay or to talk about myself.
It was to encourage anyone who may feel hindered by grades.

It's a bit like dating. May not be rich or handsome/pretty or hot but you can still attract your dream partner if you show confidence.

Last edited:

firehippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys,dun lose hope. there is nus jobsconnect what. can try to pop down. who knows,you may land a job

f(x)=-2xy+7yz

Reaction score
if jobless and single, do phd good or not?
phd graduates even more difficult to find job. If you're lucky you get a gf/bf during your phd years. If not 4 years later after you completed your pHD, you'lll be in the same situation again i.e jobless and single.

frotle009

Reaction score
NUS biz career portal is very good.
all except one did not reply my application on public job portals (jobsbd, jobstreet etc). but for application through sch career office, interview chances are high

depending on degree, a realistic starting pay for fresh grad is $2200-3000. lower down your expectation sure can find one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.