Microsoft Surface

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually if MS is waiting for Intel to get Haswell-based Core i5, I don't mind waiting... :D

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol I doubt it. Haswell launching Q2 2013 le ><
Q2 2013 is for general availability but sometimes certain OEM like Apple gets limited early batch if the yield is high enuff. Intel's 22nm process seems quite ready for primetime last I heard. We can hope. :D

ashhong

Reaction score
Q2 2013 is for general availability but sometimes certain OEM like Apple gets limited early batch if the yield is high enuff. Intel's 22nm process seems quite ready for primetime last I heard. We can hope. :D

then again intel could hold the release of haswell to milk more from ivy bridge. there isn't much competition in the market as of now, AMD isn't doing well.

yeah, apple got the early batch of sandy bridge.

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
So I'm wondering why the delay for Surface Pro. Surface pro demand is not projected to be that great due to price so in theory Intel shd have enough haswell core i5 10-17w tdp CPU available. That will significantly improve battery life because based on MS surface pro battery spec, Ivy bridge may only get 4-5 hrs of actual usage with WiFi on while haswell may get an additional 90min.

My estimate is based on Win7. Win8 supported for Ivy bridge extra power stage shd improve battery but to what degree is unknown ATM.

Last edited:

ashhong

Reaction score
So I'm wondering why the delay for Surface Pro. Surface pro demand is not projected to be that great due to price so in theory Intel shd have enough haswell core i5 10-17w tdp CPU available. That will significantly improve battery life because based on MS surface pro battery spec, Ivy bridge may only get 4-5 hrs of actual usage with WiFi on while haswell may get an additional 90min.

My estimate is based on Win7. Win8 supported for Ivy bridge extra power stage shd improve battery but to what degree is unknown ATM.

in a similar way, nobody understand why WP8 isn't out yet when all the OEMs are ready.
in this case, Windows 8 is ready but hardware isn't?

it is not wise to miss the festive season. even apple is trying to push out new product before christmas.

Twisticles

Reaction score
So I'm wondering why the delay for Surface Pro.

I guess that Surface Pro pple are looking to replace a laptop, and the PC market is slowing and expected to shrink over the next year.

On the other hand, WinRT is a VERY capable replacement for fruit or robot devices, and is the growing market. Makes sense that MS focuses on the RT first.

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want a Microsoft surface! Going oz in Dec, might get one there if it is gd and still not available in sg

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
in a similar way, nobody understand why WP8 isn't out yet when all the OEMs are ready.
in this case, Windows 8 is ready but hardware isn't?

it is not wise to miss the festive season. even apple is trying to push out new product before christmas.
This is easy! Windows 8 will be given priority over WP8! WP8 will come in November, but Windows 8 is here & I'm going to the event. :s12:

outrun100

Reaction score
OMG! Surface pro is coming out on 26 OCT 2012 ???
http://www.pcbeta.com/live/windows8china/

2012102311140676655.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
It says Win 8 & Win 8 Pro OS will be launched lah!!!

Made my heart jump for 1 second... :s11:

Surface Pro with Win RT launch on same day... No mention of Surface Pro... :s22:

Last edited:

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro fantasy87, read my amended comment before yours... DUH!!! I wish also...

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Yah man. TKK... zzzz...zzzz... ok lah, at least get bonus first...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.