Singtel 3G very slow

deep3lue

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend was telling me the other day that while her friend and her iPhones were both on Singtel, her friend's iPhone 4S had no problem surfing the Internet whereas her iPhone 5 were having problems.

Both of them were at the same spot and had the same numbers of 3G signal bars. My girlfriend didn't switch on LTE as well.

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend was telling me the other day that while her friend and her iPhones were both on Singtel, her friend's iPhone 4S had no problem surfing the Internet whereas her iPhone 5 were having problems.

Both of them were at the same spot and had the same numbers of 3G signal bars. My girlfriend didn't switch on LTE as well.

after tons of complains online, Singtel still dilly dally and gave only diplomatic replies like "looking into increasing capacity"...blah blah blah......they need a shocker like SMRT incidents before they wake up and do something about it.....

M1 and Starhub must be laughing now...haha

chris888222

Reaction score
I'm extremely pissed with SingTel. Sadly my aunt is one of their supporters...

Once, her iPhone cannot receive data and SMS, but can call. I call ST and the Pinoy pick up (my aunt's english is quite poor). Ask me take out card and try it on another iPhone. Tried it on mine also cannot work.

Pinoy said reset setting and reset iPhone. Still no use. Then he ask me to BLOW the microSIM. I told him how can blow, he scolded me over the phone. What... Not cooperative how I help yuuu??!? You are asking me for help!! Bla bla. WTF man. I went to some private corner and scolded the **** out of him. Stupid idiot. Quarreled for almost 1/2 hour.

Then he call back 1/2 hour later say SIM card fault. Ask me go ST shop replace. Replace alr, data can receive but STILL no SMS. Call up again and complain. Replace another time.

Horrible service, horrible quality. 3G speed also freaking jialat. Luckily my aunt sign during 12GB period. Stupid ST charging $39/ month for blood sucking service. Best 3G? Yeah, I really believe that.

Last edited:

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know starhub 3G network is also subject to complains here in HWZ.

So does that mean M1 is the best now in terms of 3G coverage?

chris888222

Reaction score
I know starhub 3G network is also subject to complains here in HWZ.

So does that mean M1 is the best now in terms of 3G coverage?
So far M1 not much probs la... But there is one part of SLE which cause the data to jump back to 2G. Near Yishun exit I think.

Aiya. Best is to stay with the telco you feel most comfortable with. If you're happy with ST, stick with them. Don't change unnecessarily.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far M1 not much probs la... But there is one part of SLE which cause the data to jump back to 2G. Near Yishun exit I think.

Aiya. Best is to stay with the telco you feel most comfortable with. If you're happy with ST, stick with them. Don't change unnecessarily.

aiya, i think stick with singtel also no point...because singtel is the one that does not have rewards point iirc.

as for M1, could it be because they have the smallest subscriber base, hence that's why lesser 3G network congestion?

chris888222

Reaction score
aiya, i think stick with singtel also no point...because singtel is the one that does not have rewards point iirc.

as for M1, could it be because they have the smallest subscriber base, hence that's why lesser 3G network congestion?
The stick with comfortable carrier part is for everyone. As a person who has used ALL 3 carriers before, stick with one you feel that serves you best.

Probably like what you said, maybe because less people use M1 3G... That's why less congestion. But if you go by that logic StarHub supposed to have better 3G than SingTel, but apparently that's not the case for most of us.

So far I use M1 no prob la... But M1 reward points is useless unless you have many lines. I have 6 lines (4 mobile, 1 home, 1 fibre) and one month I can earn about 120pts. M1 rewards at least 1,400 each (but movie tickets is only 400 IIRC). If you only have 1 line under M1, then no point going for rewards.

I join M1 largely due to multiline saver. Last time when I was with ST I paid $75 for 25 Mbps Internet, $45 for iPhone plan and $20+ for land line. Now with M1 6 lines I'm only paying max $130, plus I get 100 Mbps fibre.

Rukanightmare

Reaction score
Just wondering, anyone got problem using singtel 3G? Like mine always anyhow jump to a circle suddenly no signal at all. I cross over to JB come back also take very long to connect back to Singtel. Whole family using singtel now and my dad signed the Explore Home package got discount for the all my mobile lines so llsb sticking with them.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, anyone got problem using singtel 3G? Like mine always anyhow jump to a circle suddenly no signal at all. I cross over to JB come back also take very long to connect back to Singtel. Whole family using singtel now and my dad signed the Explore Home package got discount for the all my mobile lines so llsb sticking with them.

the O means is 2g signal

i turn off my 3g in office to receive msg from whatsapp or imessage one..

Kijori

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel 3G on my iPhone 5 showing 4 bars and i send one text in Raffles Place using Viber. as the train moves along... the text is still in 'sending' status at Novena. it finally gave up after Braddell.

i really don't know what is causing the problem. i've already changed my SIM card and still like this. now not sure if it's the device or the network.

anybody having data connectivity issues with Singtel?

i'm on iOS 6.0.1... not sure if it's causing the problem. i do noticed that after upgrading, this problem tends to be more frequent.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Singtel 3G on my iPhone 5 showing 4 bars and i send one text in Raffles Place using Viber. as the train moves along... the text is still in 'sending' status at Novena. it finally gave up after Braddell.

i really don't know what is causing the problem. i've already changed my SIM card and still like this. now not sure if it's the device or the network.

anybody having data connectivity issues with Singtel?

i'm on iOS 6.0.1... not sure if it's causing the problem. i do noticed that after upgrading, this problem tends to be more frequent.

Relax.. I am using 2 phones.. Both my Iphone and note 2 has no data connectivity in my office building at raffles place. I have to off my 3G and LTE to actually receive msg. Maybe this is a way to control us from using whatsapp or imessage etc.

LTE still not bad once I step out of office but 3G is horrible

Windowlover

Reaction score
same very slow since like SIngtel network have some issue.. wifi and 3G now broadband also slow down.:s12::s12::s12:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I cannot even surf...slow is ok but I got nothing....maybe Starhub, m1 better. Who can confirm?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday i was at bugis junction. Walked from basement to level 3 singtel show me 4 bars 3G signal but my whatsapp cant send out, safari not loading. Restart phone still cannot. Until i walk and walk found one spot outside kinokuniya can send out message and i just stand there to settle all my messages... :s13:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Has singtel 3G connection improved?

I think it's getting worst

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has singtel 3G connection improved?

I think it's getting worst
I dont think it has improved. In fact, feeling that the network is getting poorer each day.

Best of all, one of their engineer told me, Mr XX, all the operators in Singapore the same. You can go try them out.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.