[Singtel] 2Wire 5012NV-002 (MIO Black Modem)

insecure

Reaction score
Hi , i have registerd Singtel Fiber optic exPlore Home 100 , im using the Pace router that singtel given free , can i know that is that possible that i use Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H to replace that pace router ??

Unless your Buffalo or AP supports VLAN (IEEE 802.1Q), you can't replace the mio gateway and expect it to work. The traffic coming down from SingTel consists of mioTV, Internet & VoIP contents, so you need a device that supports VLAN tagging to 'sort out' the signals. One way is to get a switch that supports VLAN and place it between your ONT & Buffalo.

Ragemeteora81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience in pairing the 2Wire 5012NV-002 (PACE modem) with a TP-Link WN822N Wireless N Adapter (http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN822N)? I bought the adapter recently and have been experiencing frequent disconnects for my wireless connection and after contacting Singtel yesterday, they made me do a hard reset and I ended up with really slow speeds for wireless. This is my post in another thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/70897822-post1448.html

The thing is, previously, when I did random tests on speedtest.net with the new TP-Link wireless adapter, I could get speeds of up to 60Mbps, but after testing it out yesterday, I was only to get single digit kind of speeds. And it seems that my adapter is only detected as wireless B instead of N.

I'm on Singtel's 100Mbs Optic Fibre plan and the frequent disconnects only started to happen a few weeks after I started using the adapter. Could it be an issue with the adapter or singtel's modem?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

ideatalk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience in pairing the 2Wire 5012NV-002 (PACE modem) with a TP-Link WN822N Wireless N Adapter (TL-WN822N)? - Welcome to TP-LINK I bought the adapter recently and have been experiencing frequent disconnects for my wireless connection and after contacting Singtel yesterday, they made me do a hard reset and I ended up with really slow speeds for wireless. This is my post in another thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/70897822-post1448.html

The thing is, previously, when I did random tests on speedtest.net with the new TP-Link wireless adapter, I could get speeds of up to 60Mbps, but after testing it out yesterday, I was only to get single digit kind of speeds. And it seems that my adapter is only detected as wireless B instead of N.

I'm on Singtel's 100Mbs Optic Fibre plan and the frequent disconnects only started to happen a few weeks after I started using the adapter. Could it be an issue with the adapter or singtel's modem?

Any help or advice will be much appreciated, thanks.
able to try the wireless adapter with your friend's router? this will help to confirm whether the router or the adapter is at fault.

ideatalk

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there any configuration required to use the gigabit port? My PC's Internet connection works fine when connected to all other LAN ports, but if I tried switching it to the gigabit port it either fails to get an IP address or it does but cannot access any Internet pages.

Cable is Cat 5e, PC's Ethernet connection can support 1Gbps. Tried with MacMini on that port, same problem.
check with isp?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I am also using the same modem and so far the only problem is that the wireless signal is getting more and more weaker as time passes. Problem with the modem?

samwize

Reaction score
Cranky PACE modem

I had been using:mad: Singtel fibre 100mbps for 1 month, and on average once a day, the modem (router or RG whatever you called it) will automatically reboot itself!

I have called Singtel hotline, and their standard procedure did not help at all. Wasted precious time every time I called.

Technician came down TWICE. On the first time, they changed the modem. Which didn't resolve.

So they came down second time, today. This time, they changed both the modem and ONT. Still didn't resolve.

I have gave up now, since the technician was being frank with me this time. Here's what he said:

- I am not the only one with complaints on the PACE modem
- Some of the customers, even his own friends, had problems such as auto reboot, wifi disconnect, etc.. even more weird problems, quoted by him
- They are already training on a new Aztech modem that will replace this Huawei made model, and perhaps out in a month
- He said right now I can't change to any other modem since they PACE is 'proprietary'
- Only can pray and hope new firmware fix

Very disappointed.

Warning to others.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
I had been using:mad: Singtel fibre 100mbps for 1 month, and on average once a day, the modem (router or RG whatever you called it) will automatically reboot itself!

I have called Singtel hotline, and their standard procedure did not help at all. Wasted precious time every time I called.

Technician came down TWICE. On the first time, they changed the modem. Which didn't resolve.

So they came down second time, today. This time, they changed both the modem and ONT. Still didn't resolve.

I have gave up now, since the technician was being frank with me this time. Here's what he said:

- I am not the only one with complaints on the PACE modem
- Some of the customers, even his own friends, had problems such as auto reboot, wifi disconnect, etc.. even more weird problems, quoted by him
- They are already training on a new Aztech modem that will replace this Huawei made model, and perhaps out in a month
- He said right now I can't change to any other modem since they PACE is 'proprietary'
- Only can pray and hope new firmware fix

Very disappointed.

Warning to others.
which firmware are you having on your PACE? Have you check if the wireless channel you are using is not conggested in your area?

samwize

Reaction score
which firmware are you having on your PACE? Have you check if the wireless channel you are using is not conggested in your area?

Firmware is latest: B41003-Singtel-GA-67999

I have never tried changing channel. Shall try now.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
uPIL5.jpg

Anyway, why believe the tech?
Just because they're outsourced assigned doesn't mean they know all things

Like for example, Huawei is NOT Pace!

samwize

Reaction score
uPIL5.jpg

Anyway, why believe the tech?
Just because they're outsourced assigned doesn't mean they know all things

Like for example, Huawei is NOT Pace!

What else should I not believe?

He did also say it is possible to use another brand router and then call in to unlock. However, as I am using mio tv, that would not work for me.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Samwize,

I think you are not having the latest firmware.

mine is just updated

pace3.jpg

i want to suggest you to do the followings:

1) download the free version of wifi scanner.
inSSIDer – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek

scan for wifi in your area during (assuming) when most people (your neighbours) are at home.

identify the best vacant channel

set it to your PACE RG wifi channel (do not use auto)

also set wireless mode to manual. select the appropriate wireless device type that you have. If you have 802.11 g type device just use 802.11 g only or if you have different types then select 802.11 b+g+n. do not use Auto.

while you are at it, make sure the transmit power is at 7 (max)

2) Call ST tech support and ask them to push the new firmware to you.
When done you need to reboot ONT and PACE sequentially.

Hopefully you can get a better connection.

Last edited:

samwize

Reaction score
Thanks VideoOne2.

I will try out the suggestions and update which (hopefully) works.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok lets be more precise here. Are you having just wireless issues or the router in total(meaning the thing totally goes thru a reboot process like as if a power outage etc)?

What is running in the background? Bittorrent?

ArEaShadow

Reaction score
i wanna ask a quick question.

why i cant set my computer to DMZ mode? I can only put it to DMZ plus mode. Whenever i wanna set to DMZ mode, when i click save, they tell me Error Fail, but nvr explain what's the problem.

can someone please shed some light onto this matteR?

Ds_Cheng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Why i cant access 192.168.1.254 onto 2wire 5012 router menu?

insecure

Reaction score
Is there a router menu? I couldn't find the router menu using the Site Map either. Anyway, with or without I doubt you can change much parameters in mio box. Leave with it or replace it.

BlankShot

Reaction score
Is it normal for my speed to be this different on wireless?

Connect ethernet cable = 95 mbps on speedtest
Wireless right beside the router = 15 mbps on speedtest

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.