Anyone ever worked as a trainee CADD engineer/operator?

modagi

Reaction score
I know few people who worked in Aceplp before and some who are currently working there, non of them have anything good to say about Aceplp.
Sure they give trainings, in-house training, industrial attachment and many more. These trainings and attachments are not worth of 2 year bond with them. Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work. Most of these companies have no intention of hiring you once u finish your contract there. All u learn is how to use the software, 90% of the time you just follow ur superior's order, draw this and draw that. Very few ppl get the chance to learn the actual thing.

Lets talk about the pay, the basic salary they are paying for a fresh poly graduate is less than, what i got in 2005 as a fresh poly graduate.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract. At any point if u break the bond for a variety of reasons you are liable to pay damages in the range of 10 thousands.

Conclusion : If you are a fresh poly graduate interested in engineering design, could not find work for the past 3 months, do not mind low pay, you can consider AcePLP.

PLEASE READ THEIR T&C CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING.

Last edited:

antiandrew

Reaction score
yu wait long long for free lunch!

I know few people who worked in Aceplp before and some who are currently working there, non of them have anything good to say about Aceplp.
Sure they give trainings, in-house training, industrial attachment and many more. These trainings and attachments are not worth of 2 year bond with them. Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work. Most of these companies have no intention of hiring you once u finish your contract there. All u learn is how to use the software, 90% of the time you just follow ur superior's order, draw this and draw that. Very few ppl get the chance to learn the actual thing.

Lets talk about the pay, the basic salary they are paying for a fresh poly graduate is less than, what i got in 2005 as a fresh poly graduate.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract. At any point if u break the bond for a variety of reasons you are liable to pay damages in the range of 10 thousands.

Conclusion : If you are a fresh poly graduate interested in engineering design, could not find work for the past 3 months, do not mind low pay, you can consider AcePLP.

Eh brother...yu need to be more realistic sia... no such thing as free lunch in this world pls. And paid lunches also have diff price ok... Even yur parent brought yu up and pay for yur education, they will expect yu to take care of them when they aged. Do yu noe tt expenses for one old folk in nursing home is like, S$2,000 per person per mth? If they happen to be placed in homes for 1 year, yu have to spend S$24,000 per year per parent! :eek:

gellogal

Reaction score
Good prog

When they say job posting, ppl have to remember that Aceplp is just sending you out on contract work.

Cmon every project deal of course comes with contract. If not how can company do business? I work 3 months for client A, 2 months for client B, now on my 3rd client. Experience is varied and it has been challenging for me. I’m learning so much!! IT’s exactly the point of the program.

The HR explinaed before that this is a Trainee’s salary. I go through training and got experience under a traineeship scheme and still get pay. Even tho it is less but end of day, I also know that NO such thing as free lunch. I think quite a fair arrangement as far as I can see. Can go to a few different client places, and actually 2 years just nice work period. It’s a SUPER good deal I signed up for.

ngkyn87

Reaction score
Actually, I've finally applied for the job, AND I've seen the a list of the training provided too. How can you expect them (Aceplp) to provide such training (I roughly calculated...about $10,000 in cost) for free, or even at the same rates as NTUC? After all, they are paying the staff salaries also, on top of training them. I might not be able to understand how the business works, but I feel that you're being a little too nitpicking here.

kerinlin

Reaction score
contracts

All companies will have an employment contract to protect both the employee and employer. What’s so special? You should get around more to learn… But I can understand… unhappiness begins when u get into trouble with a clause. So most ppl don’t do that.

Their Terms and Conditions are more complex than and starhub 2year contract.

jerard79

Reaction score
All's good for me

A thread talking about my ex-co, interesting. So I worked here and graduated from their dip program. I got what I want thorugh this programme… good job, good career opps, good pay. U not happy just talk to your manager, or the HR… I always had friendly relationships with the managmenent. Being friendly helps!

Cmon every project deal of course comes with contract. If not how can company do business? I work 3 months for client A, 2 months for client B, now on my 3rd client. Experience is varied and it has been challenging for me. I’m learning so much!! IT’s exactly the point of the program.

peppershadow1

Reaction score
Such an idiot, THIS is the ‘actual thing’. don’t you know that software skills are very important in this industry? When you are at work, you follow your superior’s order and that’s life! Then learn from mistakes or good things that your supevisror did. You’re so dense no wonder you don’t think you’ve learnt anything. Stupid people never learn. LOL...

peppershadow1

Reaction score

Such an idiot, THIS is the ‘actual thing’. don’t you know that software skills are very important in this industry? When you are at work, you follow your superior’s order and that’s life! Then learn from mistakes or good things that your supevisror did. You’re so dense no wonder you don’t think you’ve learnt anything. Stupid people never learn.

princeheart

Reaction score

are you sure it is a salary for normal fresh ploy graduate position? or it is a salary for a fresh poly graduate TRAINEE position? i don't think it is fair to compare the salary of a normal position to a trainee position. and if you have accepted the salary right at the start when the contract is being signed, why still complain?

macylina86

Reaction score
Most of these trainings can be done at local poly or ntuc for a cheaper amount.

Hey I did trained at ntuc before joining aceplp (i’ve since left the company and now working as a designer) and I don’t think ntuc training is as comprehensive, it was mostly software functions but at aceplp, we worked on real projects to gain experience and become faster :)
Just my 2 cents worth :)

theking_smen

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently still contracted to aceplp. Didn't expected to find a thread on this... But my contract is almost finishing... Dunnoe weather to continure in this line of work? Anybody care to advise?

taleon99

Reaction score

Chill mate! I receive profit-sharing allowance for each project and works out quite well. I read the T&C too, nothing wrong with it. I’m 1 year 3 months here and everything is good. I love my clients and projects I do.
When my sister signed up to be a teacher at MOE, her bond is 90k! Ace also a train-and-work contract, of course got minimum bond. You kicking up a big fuss…

ngkyn87

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently still contracted to aceplp. Didn't expected to find a thread on this... But my contract is almost finishing... Dunnoe weather to continure in this line of work? Anybody care to advise?

Hi! Hmm..by this line of work you mean drafting? Since your contract is almost up, maybe your exposure has already given you an idea if you truly like the work. For me, that was one thing I considered when I applied for the job. A second thing I considered is whether I will be able to springboard myself into a better/higher-ranking position in this industry.

Perhaps you could see if there are higher-ranking positions for you out there before you decide if you want to continue in this line of work? You could also ask aceplp if they could transfer you to a client? I was told that that's a gigantic possibility and that they would help to ensure that you would either get a better position and/or higher pay:)

theking_smen

Reaction score
Hi! Hmm..by this line of work you mean drafting? Since your contract is almost up, maybe your exposure has already given you an idea if you truly like the work. For me, that was one thing I considered when I applied for the job. A second thing I considered is whether I will be able to springboard myself into a better/higher-ranking position in this industry.

Perhaps you could see if there are higher-ranking positions for you out there before you decide if you want to continue in this line of work? You could also ask aceplp if they could transfer you to a client? I was told that that's a gigantic possibility and that they would help to ensure that you would either get a better position and/or higher pay:)
Hi, thanks for your reply... I did put some thought in this some time back already.. I dun mind doing drafting... I kinda like it... But i just think that I won't have what it takes to move up the ladder in this industry.. the long 6 days working week and the need to hussle back and forth constantly between the office and site is a big turn off for me... BTW I'm currently with a construction company... My current PM has already tried to persuade me to join them before... Still I'm in a limbo and are considering my options...

modagi

Reaction score
Such an idiot, THIS is the ‘actual thing’. don’t you know that software skills are very important in this industry? When you are at work, you follow your superior’s order and that’s life! Then learn from mistakes or good things that your supevisror did. You’re so dense no wonder you don’t think you’ve learnt anything. Stupid people never learn.

Im in a XXX company were there are about 10 aceplp employees.
Most of them are here more than 6 months, if u ask them what they have learned other than using the software, its a big "ZERO".
There are poly attachment students here, who know how to use the software.
My point is, besides using the software to do the same thing over and over again like a robot, they have no clue about what they are doing.

modagi

Reaction score

It's ur future bro, u decide...

modagi

Reaction score
Chill mate! I receive profit-sharing allowance for each project and works out quite well. I read the T&C too, nothing wrong with it. I’m 1 year 3 months here and everything is good. I love my clients and projects I do.
When my sister signed up to be a teacher at MOE, her bond is 90k! Ace also a train-and-work contract, of course got minimum bond. You kicking up a big fuss…

Im chill mate and im not making a fuss. what i wrote are points to take note before joining the company.
These info. are from current and ex aceplp employees.

theking_smen

Reaction score
I agree with you... most of the basic things I learnt about the software with aceplp was insufficent to help me with my daily work.... I have to thank google and other CAD forums available online that helped me through my difficulties.... what I learned that was vaulable was the knowledge of the industry that i was in...
Im in a XXX company were there are about 10 aceplp employees.
Most of them are here more than 6 months, if u ask them what they have learned other than using the software, its a big "ZERO".
There are poly attachment students here, who know how to use the software.
My point is, besides using the software to do the same thing over and over again like a robot, they have no clue about what they are doing.

GrimaH

Master Member
Reaction score
Ace simply serves as a drafter leasing and training agency (among other things). After you complete the training they'll lease you to companies who need drafters. That's all it is really; they don't babysit/groom you through the rest of your contract, and strictly speaking there's no reason they should.

ngkyn87

Reaction score
Hmm, but my senior there says that they do come back on and off for some refresher training and new software training sometimes!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.