Case for Ipad Mini

aural

Reaction score
GEAR4 ThinIce [Matt Black]
Apple iPad mini Smart Cover
Cygnett Anti Glare SP

i would say , the GEAR4 back case fits perfectly and is compatible with the smart cover , like the matt finishing of the case ! very comfy to hold it

IMG_0094.jpg

Kenna poisoned. Bought a case that I feel alittle big but now tempted to get this combo. T_T

Hippy00

Banned
Reaction score
Kenna poisoned. Bought a case that I feel alittle big but now tempted to get this combo. T_T

This combo may burn a hole in your pocket because of the smart cover :s13:
But the thing I like is , if I don't need the Smart Cover I can just detach it from the iPad Mini

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Thanks man, found my ideal back cover thanks to you! Bought 1 for my wife and 1 for myself, exactly what im looking for. But $35 at Harvey Norman funan!

Happy nonetheless.

ya man thanks to Hippy00

i bought the gear4 cases at Harvey Norman MW for $35 each too

usually i get the same type from case-mate barely there series but seems like this time they not releasing it for ipad mini...

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
This combo may burn a hole in your pocket because of the smart cover :s13:
But the thing I like is , if I don't need the Smart Cover I can just detach it from the iPad Mini

i have the same combo for the black mini now...what i had in mind but couldn't complete...thanks to you now i do...

for the white mini i have same back cover and red smart cover...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have the same combo for the black mini now...what i had in mind but couldn't complete...thanks to you now i do...

for the white mini i have same back cover and red smart cover...

Is this back case the thin plastic material one? I saw a smart cover compatible back case in Challenger - I think is this same brand - and noticed that it's thin plastic material.

Hesitated to get it but now I think it'll go with my colored smart cover, if I've no other choice. =:p

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Is this back case the thin plastic material one? I saw a smart cover compatible back case in Challenger - I think is this same brand - and noticed that it's thin plastic material.

Hesitated to get it but now I think it'll go with my colored smart cover, if I've no other choice. =:p

the back has a matte feel to it, not shiny black plastic.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the back has a matte feel to it, not shiny black plastic.

I didn't really check on the feel but seeing the thickness of the case scared me a little. =:p

If you've seen the back part of the Cygnett case, you'll know what I mean. Cygnett's slightly thicker and looks less easier to break in my hands. :o

Just want to check if that's the black back case I saw. :)

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
as mentioned by others here as well, its a Gear4 which i have not heard of but its what i want...

never bothered about Cygnett cases...even these few days trying to look for alternative to Case-mate...Cygnett cases...no offence...add too much bulk...

i feel they have no design break thru...just a better build nicer quality but just as bulky...at a higher price compared to the cheap cases...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
as mentioned by others here as well, its a Gear4 which i have not heard of but its what i want...

never bothered about Cygnett cases...even these few days trying to look for alternative to Case-mate...Cygnett cases...no offence...add too much bulk...

i feel they have no design break thru...just a better build nicer quality but just as bulky...at a higher price compared to the cheap cases...

Ah, I see, it gives the thin sleek feeling. Tempted now. Thanks! :)

Hippy00

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't really check on the feel but seeing the thickness of the case scared me a little. =:p

If you've seen the back part of the Cygnett case, you'll know what I mean. Cygnett's slightly thicker and looks less easier to break in my hands. :o

Just want to check if that's the black back case I saw. :)

Thickness isn't a problem , but the good thing is that as long as it protects the edges of the iPad Mini I'm more than happy ! Haha because sometimes I tend to knock my Mini around , but still in perfect condition .

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
Thickness isn't a problem , but the good thing is that as long as it protects the edges of the iPad Mini I'm more than happy ! Haha because sometimes I tend to knock my Mini around , but still in perfect condition .

to be fair for those whom think they might drop it at height...then smart cover+back cover combi isn't going to work well...

this is more to protect from accidental knocks...keys other gadgets in bags...

:)

Hippy00

Banned
Reaction score
to be fair for those whom think they might drop it at height...then smart cover+back cover combi isn't going to work well...

this is more to protect from accidental knocks...keys other gadgets in bags...

:)

Totally agree ! But if those who really wants full protection , maybe could wait for otterbox

eLeMeNtaLFuSiOn

Reaction score
I have an ipearl elva black leather case for iPad mini for sale if anyone is interested. It has the foldable front cover with sleep and wake function. Still prefer the normal back cover kind. Letting go at $39

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.