Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pwned. bought a pair of winter boots which costs US$60, and shipped it to vPost. Shipping cost came up to S$100 (2.8kg actual weight --> 9.6 kg volumetric weight).
Didn't see any option for repacking but I've sent them an email. What are my chances for getting them to repack? The idea of paying $100 for shipping doesn't sound appealing at all.. :(

Don't be too optimistic. From my experience, if you have to ask them to repack, it means repacking is not doable based on their conditions.

Your package with vpost will be automatically repacked if doable instead of you having to select the option or ask them for it, unlike CGW.

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
Uhh, so i just got my item from DHL( called them and they arranged early delivery today) and the item i open up is wrong. What to do now? The invoice they scanned is correct but the item inside is wrong eh. Anyone can advice what to do now? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
Uhh, so i just got my item from DHL( called them and they arranged early delivery today) and the item i open up is wrong. What to do now? The invoice they scanned is correct but the item inside is wrong eh. Anyone can advice what to do now? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Oh no. What do you mean 'the item inside is wrong'? The US company sent the wrong merchandise to your US address?

littlemissdimples88

Reaction score
Yeah! I don't think either side(CGW/merchant) will refund the money for the international shipping fees either. Its like throwing U$12 into the drain:(
Oh that sucks. Yeah that's the disadvantage of shopping from US websites, it's really inconvenient to do returns/exchanges. I'd never do returns/exchanges cos its too much hassle to ship the items back to US.

But im surprised the US merchant shipped the wrong item. Because it has never happened to me before, and I've been shopping online regularly for a year. Maybe u should consider not ordering from that company anymore. :( Try Ebay instead? U can find everything on ebay these days

jqwormy

Reaction score
I have a big problem here..

Intending to find a way to buy nudie jeans from its online store in Sweden, Europe.

However, major problems are that firstly they dont ship to Singapore. Secondly, billing and shipping address must be the same. Thus, I cant ship to my virtual adress in US/UK using comgateway/vpost without my credit card's address being the same as well.

Only option I see is to use concierge service from comgateway/vpost i.e asking them to purchase for me. Big problem is that these 2 shipping services doesnt include purchases from Europe, even if the website accepts US payment or ships to the US.

Anyone knows how I can get around this? I tried buying n shipping to vpost address using my credit card but payment doesnt go through. Called vpost and comgateway and they say they dont offer buy for me service for items from Europe.

Pls kindly offer advice if you have any! thx :D

Last edited:

jf

Reaction score
I have a big problem here..

Intending to find a way to buy nudie jeans from its online store in Sweden, Europe.

However, major problems are that firstly they dont ship to Singapore. Secondly, billing and shipping address must be the same. Thus, I cant ship to my virtual adress in US/UK using comgateway/vpost without my credit card's address being the same as well.

Only option I see is to use concierge service from comgateway/vpost i.e asking them to purchase for me. Big problem is that these 2 shipping services doesnt include purchases from Europe, even if the website accepts US payment or ships to the US.

Anyone knows how I can get around this? I tried buying n shipping to vpost address using my credit card but payment doesnt go through. Called vpost and comgateway and they say they dont offer buy for me service for items from Europe.

Pls kindly offer advice if you have any! thx :D
I can handle this for u. PM me with ur contact number and email, and i'll contact u.

gumbokins

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to share my recent Borderlinx experience. I bought an item from a online store in the US and had it shipped to Borderlinx because I didn't want to use USPS (no tracking, I think) and also because I had other items to consolidate and ship.

When the item arrived at Borderlinx, they charged me for 4.37 kg. The thing is, before I purchased the item from the merchant, I checked the shipping dimensions with them (18" x 14" x 3", 6 lbs = 2.72kg). So I went to make noise with the CS:

CSO: Did the merchant mention the item dimension or the package dimension? These are two different things altogether.
Me: she stated shipping box
Me: shipping dimensions
CSO: Alright. I will have it reviewed by the hub team.
CSO: Please allow 1-2 business days and I will get back to you via email once I hear back from them.

Fortunately I had asked for SHIPPING specs from the merchant and the next day Borderlinx got back to me and this was their reply:

Hi,

Welcome to Borderlinx.

I am glad to inform you that the hub team updated the dimensions you provided as a courtesy to the merchant. You may now release the package, if you are not awaiting further shoppings.
If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

CSO
Borderlinx Support

The volumetric weight was higher so they billed me for 2.72kg (fair enough). I just got the package today, measured the box and it was exact same dimensions as given by the merchant.

As a courtesy to the merchant --> means what? merchant wrong, ah? THE BOX DON'T LIE

I had another package that was only about 3 kg but was charged for 6kg, because it was bulky. On hindsight I should have checked the packaging first with the merchant. I requested for Borderlinx to repack but they said that it was 'not possible', yet when the box arrived it was 1/4 air. The calculations for that package and another were accurate, though.

On the bright side, they were fast to ship, I had it released on Nov 3 and it arrived this morning even though I opted for budget shipping. Used code 'actoct10' for US$10 off.

jazdrive

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to share my recent Borderlinx experience. I bought an item from a online store in the US and had it shipped to Borderlinx because I didn't want to use USPS (no tracking, I think) and also because I had other items to consolidate and ship.

When the item arrived at Borderlinx, they charged me for 4.37 kg. The thing is, before I purchased the item from the merchant, I checked the shipping dimensions with them (18" x 14" x 3", 6 lbs = 2.72kg). So I went to make noise with the CS:

CSO: Did the merchant mention the item dimension or the package dimension? These are two different things altogether.
CSO: Please allow 1-2 business days and I will get back to you via email once I hear back from them.

Fortunately I had asked for SHIPPING specs from the merchant and the next day Borderlinx got back to me and this was their reply:

Hi,

Welcome to Borderlinx.

I am glad to inform you that the hub team updated the dimensions you provided as a courtesy to the merchant. You may now release the package, if you are not awaiting further shoppings.

Best Regards,

CSO
Borderlinx Support

The volumetric weight was higher so they billed me for 2.72kg (fair enough). I just got the package today, measured the box and it was exact same dimensions as given by the merchant.

As a courtesy to the merchant --> means what? merchant wrong, ah? THE BOX DON'T LIE

I had another package that was only about 3 kg but was charged for 6kg, because it was bulky. On hindsight I should have checked the packaging first with the merchant. I requested for Borderlinx to repack but they said that it was 'not possible', yet when the box arrived it was 1/4 air. The calculations for that package and another were accurate, though.

On the bright side, they were fast to ship, I had it released on Nov 3 and it arrived this morning even though I opted for budget shipping. Used code 'actoct10' for US$10 off.

Sadly, not every merchant will be able to provide you with the package dimensions to safeguard your interest. Amazon as a merchant is a good example.

Anyway, this is not the first time Borderlinx had being caught with dishonesty, that's why I have stopped using them since 2 years ago. Before that, I had shipped over 30 packages with them before I realized I had been shortchanged.

It's one thing to be slow or expensive, another to be shady. If I cannot trust the forwarder to make accurate calculations since I am not personally there to witness the packages, I see no point in using their services further.

lunloon

Reaction score
Expecting the package to come today, then received a call from the delivery guy from CGW, asking if I am home.

This is like, not very difficult right? How come Vpost cannot do it one ah?

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh i understand. Hope u get your packages asap. From my experience, u should definitely receive the Wednesday shipment by Monday, just that u may not get it in the morning before u leave for Penang. Sometimes it arrives in the afternoon or even the evening.

Great, now ure a comgateway Prime member. :) U do save quite a bit as a Prime member.

Can explain a bit more on Prime member? I received a email welcome me to Prime, but I can't really find on internet of the benefit

MVCPattern

Reaction score

Hi,

Welcome to Borderlinx.

Best Regards,

CSO
Borderlinx Support

if you find that they recorded the dimension wrongly.. you can mail them after receiving the package.. they will refund you..

Anyway I stop using borderlinx because volmentric weight always cost more than calculating actual weight

:D I am a comgateway fan now :D

doodlebear

Reaction score
I have been using Comgateway 3 times for my packages so my next shipment should be under prime account.
But I have been comparing CGW and HSG prime's benefit, it seems that
for HSG stated that 11% discount on subsequent 0.5kg shipping rates for Prime members instead of only 5% for GCW prime members.
i tot that there both under same company but it seems that HSG prime is much cheaper.Anyone here prime member for both that can clarify?
Thanks

classof06

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone of you has problems accessing comgateway? I seem to need to reset the password periodically in order to log in.

a-lex-xas

Reaction score
Hey guys

Just wanna check if I wanna get like small sports stuff like ipod armbands from amazon, total cost about USD$17, is using CGW a good option? Total weight I think like only 1kg? If not is 2kg tops.

Thanks

ipadxcell

Master Member
Reaction score
Heads up! Borderlinx Shippers

New tariffs as of October 5, 2012

On October 5, 2012, we will introduce revised tariffs for deliveries to Singapore. We are making our price structure simple and transparent, and adjusting the tariff of the Standard delivery service because of increased air transportation prices.

The new prices will be as follows:

Standard Shipping option: USD 13.00 for the first half-kilo + USD 3.30 per half-kilo + fuel surcharge (the base price remains unchanged, whilst the incremental price is slightly adjusted).
Express Shipping option: USD 16.00 for the first half-kilo + USD 4.00 per half-kilo + fuel surcharge (this is a significant price drop).

In order to reduce the Volumetric Weight of your shipments, we have recently introduced an automatic and free Repacking Service. Weight reductions averaging 20% are being realised giving you substantial shipping savings.

Borderlinx and Citi Globeshopper are committed to offer you excellent service at competitive prices.

relacker

Banned
Reaction score
Is there any site like CGW, borderlinx for Europe ?

I tokin about country like Italy, Germany , france etc

H.sHon

Reaction score
Hi guys would like to ship shades,tanktop and tights here or even mirco SD :) Shades is 9.1ounces while top and tights is 1 pound. Which shipping fee would be cheaper and whats the est cost? Nid some pro's here to guide me along. Was looking at CGW :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.