iPhone 5 Battery Life

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Mine:

IMG_0479.png

LTE all the way. Mix of whatapps, imessage, calling, listening to music and surfing of web.

I notice the 1% can hold up quite well... left AFA2012 concert with 3% left. Go simpang to jiak supper then back home in ang mo kio still left 1%...bath came out... completely drain... lol

This was when i screenshot while in the cab back.. lol

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine:

IMG_0479.png

LTE all the way. Mix of whatapps, imessage, calling, listening to music and surfing of web.

I notice the 1% can hold up quite well... left AFA2012 concert with 3% left. Go simpang to jiak supper then back home in ang mo kio still left 1%...bath came out... completely drain... lol

This was when i screenshot while in the cab back.. lol

Very solid battery life. Did you monitor it daily?

yoman8

Reaction score
very good indeed, i on 3G maybe max get 6-7+ only.

whatsapp,surf net,use abit of map and abit of game.

balzebub

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heh to stop myself obsessing about battery life I switched off the battery percentage indicator, so now I just use the phone the way I want to and just remember to charge it before I sleep every night..

catalyxt

Master Member
Reaction score
on average getting 6-7 hours of usage with LTE and push mail on. as long as i dont have to charge my phone in the middle of the day its totally fine for me. :)

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Carat scored improved for me.

From 44 now is 52.

Not bad, your battery life is now above average. The good'ol normal distribution curve.

mzl.vhewirww.320x480-75.jpg

I just installed Carat, will report back after the 1 week period. :D

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, for carat, do we have to leave the app running in the background? Or can we kill the app? Cause I have the habit to kill everything after using the phone.

sandwicher

Reaction score
Carat app constantly uses location services. Goodness. And I seriously wonder how will that 'help' our battery life. This is despite them claiming 'low-usage location services'. Location services is location service. It hurts my iPhone battery life like mad.

Roar!

yoman8

Reaction score
Carat app constantly uses location services. Goodness. And I seriously wonder how will that 'help' our battery life. This is despite them claiming 'low-usage location services'. Location services is location service. It hurts my iPhone battery life like mad.

Roar!

u can keep the app and turn the location off. its just adding another factor to its statistic, but optional.

fusilli

Reaction score
Just charge whenever you need to, don't be overly concerned about the battery.

You just need to drain it once a month your battery will be just fine.

If I would to use my iphone till below 30% then only plugged in and charged will it spoilt the batt??

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Finds that when playing video or games, the phone lasts only about 2-3 hours. When surfing the net on LTE, will last at least 6 to 7 hours (this is not aggresive downloading and stuff).

Think I will transfer the gaming and video watching to my iPad Mini LTE when it is launched. Will just use iPhone 5 as a phone, for Facebook, Whatsapp and other simple task.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.