HSBC Visa Infinite card

tiltonhall

Reaction score
Does anyone know if supp card spending is included in 5k requirement?

Yes, all card spending by both the primary and supplementary cardholders will be consolidated under the primary cardholder's account and count towards the minimum spend criteria.

mktkmktk

Reaction score
Bonus points upon renewal

Hi.
Someone say HSBC Infinity card members can receive 75,000 points upon renewal.

How can you get this information? I cannot find this information on website.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Someone say HSBC Infinity card members can receive 75,000 points upon renewal.

How can you get this information? I cannot find this information on website.

Refer to your latest Infinite Card statement. it is printed on the right hand corner of the statement where they list the promotions.

56mimosa

Reaction score
So is it true that if we pay $488 we get 75,000 point or if we use 75,100 points to offset the $488 we also get 75,000 point which in effect we only spend 100 points for the renewal?

surfers_

Reaction score
So is it true that if we pay $488 we get 75,000 point or if we use 75,100 points to offset the $488 we also get 75,000 point which in effect we only spend 100 points for the renewal?

It sounds strange to use 75,100 points to offset the renewal fee and get 75,000 points back. :s11:

Can anybody confirm this is how HSBC VI does its free annual renewal fee?

Last edited:

anujvelu

Reaction score
It sounds strange to use 75,100 points to offset the renewal fee and get 75,000 points back. :s11:

Can anybody confirm this is how HSBC VI does its free annual renewal fee?

I think some time back, this was discussed as well. It seems that the full charge of 488 SD is deducted for the renewal and then the amount is refunded and then the points deducted. The whole process taking some time.

It is decidedly a very inefficient system. My renewal is coming up next month, so will confirm.

anujvelu

Reaction score
Confirmed

I did speak to the chaps a few minutes ago and they did confirm that you can renew by two ways :
1) Using the full points and 100 points would be deducted.
2) By paying 488 SD and they will give a gift of 30K miles.

If using option 2, you do not get the chioce of the camera/tab etc. You have to take the 30K miles.

Currently I only have 19K points in my account as I had converted my points earlier, so I have to either drop the card or in effect buy the air miles.

30K miles for 488 dollars equated for about 61 miles per dollar.

Does anyone know how many miles you can buy per dollar in Singapore airlines. I need to see if it is cost effective to go ahead with this deal or simply drop it for something else.

Thanks.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Typical going rates for mileage is around $21-$25 per K. So we would be looking at around $630 - $750 for the $488 that you paid.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did speak to the chaps a few minutes ago and they did confirm that you can renew by two ways :
1) Using the full points and 100 points would be deducted.
2) By paying 488 SD and they will give a gift of 30K miles.

If using option 2, you do not get the chioce of the camera/tab etc. You have to take the 30K miles.

Currently I only have 19K points in my account as I had converted my points earlier, so I have to either drop the card or in effect buy the air miles.

30K miles for 488 dollars equated for about 61 miles per dollar.

Does anyone know how many miles you can buy per dollar in Singapore airlines. I need to see if it is cost effective to go ahead with this deal or simply drop it for something else.

Thanks.

SIA sell USD40 per 1000 miles if i remember correctly.

surfers_

Reaction score
I think some time back, this was discussed as well. It seems that the full charge of 488 SD is deducted for the renewal and then the amount is refunded and then the points deducted. The whole process taking some time.

It is decidedly a very inefficient system. My renewal is coming up next month, so will confirm.

It's true. I have just asked the CSO to process my renewal using 75,100 points and it will take two months for HSBC to return the free gift of 75,000 points (30k miles) into my account. Now, I understand why 75,000 is return back to me. :)

mktkmktk

Reaction score
receive 2 air miles for every S$1 charged promotion

There was no indication in the T&C that it is specially for those customers who received the mailer to qualify.

I called call centre and she said this promotion is only for the card members who received Mail. I am disappointed ..

sunnyjeremy

Reaction score
Anyone here redeem the $250 choice vouchers? Any idea what denominations it will come in? Asked them and they said they don't know. Have to ask cold storage. Haven't had time to ask cold storage or they always look very busy when I got time. Thanks.

Beetho Ng

Reaction score
Anyone here redeem the $250 choice vouchers? Any idea what denominations it will come in? Asked them and they said they don't know. Have to ask cold storage. Haven't had time to ask cold storage or they always look very busy when I got time. Thanks.

I redeemed using other cc before. Over at cold storage, they gave the option of any denominations you chose. Comes in $5, 10, 20 50 I think.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're talking from the rewards perspective, I think the vouchers are not worth it leh. Capitaland vouchers are probably more practical.

BTW, for the prestige selections, we get 10% discount, so select from the Premier Side.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.