Twisted fairy tales in ONCE UPON A TIME

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once-upon-a-Time.jpg

Just completed Season 1. Like how the writers have cleverly interweave famous fairy tales like Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, etc and give them an unexpected twist.

The good guys are rather weak in this series and are often outshone by the villains. Can't stand the draggy on-off relationship between Mary Margaret and David, the alter-egos of Snow White and Prince Charming, who along with all the fairy tale characters, are transported our world with an all-consumming evil curse concocted by the Evil Queen and have forgotten their true identities. And Emma, who is the only one who can break the curse, is unbelievably naive even though she is supposed to be street-wise.

Love the villains more than the protagonists as they are far more interesting. Lana Parrilla's Regina/Evil Queen is the epitome of true evil as she is hellbent on vengeance against Snow White for ruining her happiness. Robert Carlyle's creepy Mr Gold/Rumplestiltskin will have you guessing which side he's on as he double and triple crosses those who are in cohorts with him.

The series is rather addictive if you can get pass the scenes between Mary Margaret and David and I can't wait to see what Mr Gold has unleashed into the town in Season 2.

miketan213

Reaction score
i like how they are weaving various fairy tales into one main story line. a bit of dark fantasy for your viewing pleasure

LuLouis

Reaction score
Ah but i think Snow White is super annoying. And I feel so bad for the evil queen. Lol.

samology

Reaction score
I don't like Snow White or Emma - think the casting is all wrong. But Prince Philip, Red, the Huntsman in Season 1 are all <3. & the guy playing Rumpelstiltskin is a great actor.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's Robert Carlyle. Very experience actor. Noticed him from The Full Monty. Yes, he can do comedy very well. Later he was Hitler in Hitler: Rise of Evil and then in Angela's Ashes. He was also the villain in James Bond: The World is Not Enough.

His face has this joking "loser" look which is great for comedies and his grin passes off as funny or evil at the same time! Undoubtedly, he does have the star pulling power as he was used in the Johnnie Walker ad that was many minutes long! Check it out on Youtube.

MrSeedbox

Reaction score
Now got so many remakings of snow-white, mirror mirror, snowwhite and the huntsmen, snowwhite by asylum, and this one also... cannot underestimate brothers grimm, after so many years their story is still immortal.

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Grimm's Tales were meant to be horror stories but over two centuries, the stories have been watered down to be children-worthy.

This series merely reverted back to the original intent, probably. I like it too as lately I've been bored with good guys winning all the time.

Wanderer-in-Time

Reaction score
Like like

I like this sinister approach to the stories. In original series it gives the right context. Good effort

dankoo

Reaction score
Was surprised at the finale when they teased the introduction of another character which is all the hype now with little girls....

Once Upon a Time fans, two new princesses may be making the trek from Arendelle to Storybrooke if new comments from the showrunners and actress Kristen Bell have any weight to them!

Fresh off the return of Veronica Mars, Bell recently told a reporter about another role that she would not mind bringing back to the screen: Frozen’s Ana.

What’s more, Once Upon a Time producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz mentioned their admiration of the sisters from Frozen following a panel at this year’s PaleyFest. The duo, famous for bringing numerous princes and princesses to life in the television world, say their writers room already serves as a Frozen appreciation space.

Their dream? The pair admits, “We would be completely honored if Kristen Bell or Idina Menzel wanted to do our show.”

But what are the odds that the duo will be able to succeed wrangling in the stars behind the voices? Maybe better than they think! In an interview with E! Online, Bell responded to the news of Once Upon a Time producers favoring her to bring Anna to life on Once Upon a Time

“That would be unbelievable,” she said. “I love that character of Anna so much. She is exactly who I wanted to see when I was five years old. She is really close to my heart.”

Keep an eye on season 4 news to see if a trip to Arendelle will result in the sisters bringing their snowy magic to aid an arc of Once Upon a Time. But what about the other residents of the newest Disney landscape? Bringing in Jonathan Groff to reprise his role as Kristoff is certainly a welcome guest spot in our books. After this season’s illuminating trick to work Lumiere into the mix, perhaps Olaf and Sven are welcome to join in on the reunion!

No word on whether or not “Let it Go” will ever cease to infiltrate our daily lives.

mgsten

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

they r not done with fairytales spinoffs

akan datang the musical

:s8:

and one more limited series
emerald city in 2015

:s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.