[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42

casvel

Reaction score
casvel - which level you pledged so can put your name on roster? and what are you looking forward to in this game?

I pledged the $37 Scout level on Kickstarter. I love sandbox games and really been waiting to play these kind of space sim where you can leave the ship and interact with ppl instead of just restricted to being the spacecraft. Best part is no monthly subscriptions!

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
space sim fan here, played xwing series, wing com series , freespace, freelancer. also been wanting true freedom and open-ended universe. i.e. able to fly anything from fighters to starships, able to walk inside ships, around planets in fps style. but so far, nothing comes close, not even privateer or freelancer.

the game sounds extremely ambitions, and it's in too early alpha to say anything. thou they claim to bypass a publisher, i think it's because of the difficulty in finding one willing to market a space sim.

look at xcom eu, reputable company, great game discounting its' flaws (compared to the original), yet sales figures are barely pushing pass 500k copies worldwide. triple A titles targets 10 mil copies in sales. a successful title is ~2-3 mil. 500k is a flop.

much as i like to see the return of flight sims with manuals thicker than a physics textbook (or games with outstanding gameplay and content), it's still a dying genre, and there's a reason why games are incredibly dumbed down nowadays. :(

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I pledged the $37 Scout level on Kickstarter. I love sandbox games and really been waiting to play these kind of space sim where you can leave the ship and interact with ppl instead of just restricted to being the spacecraft. Best part is no monthly subscriptions!

Another Aurora pilot! added you to the flight roster! /salute!

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn confusing leh...

you all pledge how much?

u could guess by looking at the pilot roster. :p
no pressure wan. don't pay now also can buy later.

oh and the difference between pledging via Kickstarter or RSI.
Kickstarter - they bill you after the funding window ends.
RSI - they bill you straight away.

razen21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boring trailer. Would like to see some combat gameplay.

Looks like a eve online trailer only 10 times more slow paced

LesPhantom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I pledge for scout also :o i'm been looking for a space sim since my eve online days... but late 2014 is quite someway to go....

and damn, i started eve online again :o

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I pledge for scout also :o i'm been looking for a space sim since my eve online days... but late 2014 is quite someway to go....

and damn, i started eve online again :o

welcome aboard pilot! /salute

Hamstar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi see Drathis :love::love:

dralthibackground.jpg

NVDefender

Reaction score
Anyone else? Any oldie space sim fan? 35 bucks and you'll get the full game once it's released :o

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boucyfirebal - welcome aboard pilot! what package did you purchase?

$3,990,278 !!!

$10K more to $4mil!!! GO GO!

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah this is goot stuff!!! Reminds me of x wing when i was in my teens.

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we have one modeled after Battlestar Galactica/Pegasus? That will please fans of that series

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we have one modeled after Battlestar Galactica/Pegasus? That will please fans of that series

you could. the mod tools will now be available since we reached $4mil.
problem will be copyright and RSI has not yet revealed details (fineprint) on modding etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.