[Monitor] LCD monitor repair

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Honestly, not really sure what is causing the faint image. my guess is if the faint problem only at the peel off portion then maybe is due to the peeling.. if across the whole panel then could be something else...

quite sure it is deal of something else. the faint image is across the panel. suspect that might have damage some flexible circuit connector when i open the panel up.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got LCD monitor problem too ...
TS, hope you dun mind me borrowing your thread ...
else, i will edit and post a separate one :)

brand : HP
model : w2207h
2 inputs connected, VGA from PC, and HDMI from SH HD stb
problem encountered some time back ... once pulled VGA cable from LCD, screen goes blank ... and after a long while (no fixed time) ... screen comes back on (on its own)

so i figured a workaround ...
connect HDMI source from SH stb ...
that way, the monitor has no chance of blanking out since it will auto output ...

unfortunately, i accidentally unplugged both inputs as i was changing stb and pc ...
been close to 3 days, and still blank screen

curious to know what is the cause of this symptom ...
replacement most likely is Dell U2312 ...but no have hdmi input ... meaning i either have to go : hdmi-dvi, pc vga ... dun think will use display port cos i think hdmi-dp more ex rite ?

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
i got LCD monitor problem too ...
TS, hope you dun mind me borrowing your thread ...
else, i will edit and post a separate one :)

brand : HP
model : w2207h
2 inputs connected, VGA from PC, and HDMI from SH HD stb
problem encountered some time back ... once pulled VGA cable from LCD, screen goes blank ... and after a long while (no fixed time) ... screen comes back on (on its own)

so i figured a workaround ...
connect HDMI source from SH stb ...
that way, the monitor has no chance of blanking out since it will auto output ...

unfortunately, i accidentally unplugged both inputs as i was changing stb and pc ...
been close to 3 days, and still blank screen

curious to know what is the cause of this symptom ...
replacement most likely is Dell U2312 ...but no have hdmi input ... meaning i either have to go : hdmi-dvi, pc vga ... dun think will use display port cos i think hdmi-dp more ex rite ?

is the power led light stable when it happens? Plug everything back and shine a torchlight on the blank panel and see whether u can see your pc wallpaper or signal from the sh stb..

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the power led light stable when it happens? Plug everything back and shine a torchlight on the blank panel and see whether u can see your pc wallpaper or signal from the sh stb..

hmm the power led light flashes ...
10 secs ON, 2 secs OFF cycle ...
hadnt noticed this until ur post ...

also, torchlight, nothing doing ...

unplugging it for now ... until tomorrow morn ...

EDITED :
seems like capacitor problems ??? whenever plug out AC ... seems to have discharging sound ... chuuuiiii sound

bearusdamhu

Reaction score

hmm the power led light flashes ...
10 secs ON, 2 secs OFF cycle ...
hadnt noticed this until ur post ...

also, torchlight, nothing doing ...

unplugging it for now ... until tomorrow morn ...

EDITED :
seems like capacitor problems ??? whenever plug out AC ... seems to have discharging sound ... chuuuiiii sound

Think u will need to open up the monitor to confirm whether there are bloated capacitors or not....

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think u will need to open up the monitor to confirm whether there are bloated capacitors or not....

I tried once some time back. gave up. Lol. seems like have to pry open the casing cos I couldn't access any screws at all. HP monitor.

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Yup. u will need to pry open like a durian. haha. there are a few videos in youtube that shows u how to do it. Initially will be tough, esp on your fingers, but after a while u get used to it. U can use a butter knife, guitar picks to assist u.

Jas007

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup. u will need to pry open like a durian. haha. there are a few videos in youtube that shows u how to do it. Initially will be tough, esp on your fingers, but after a while u get used to it. U can use a butter knife, guitar picks to assist u.

lol. thanks

suavegamer30

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I have got 1 HP 1702 LCD monitor that it's LED doesnt light up.
So I suspect it's the power supply faulty.
I opened and find that no bulging capacitors.

Could someone tell me where has gone wrong?

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Hi, I have got 1 HP 1702 LCD monitor that it's LED doesnt light up.
So I suspect it's the power supply faulty.
I opened and find that no bulging capacitors.

Could someone tell me where has gone wrong?

Must check voltages to the logic board.

whorocks

Reaction score
my samsung lcd 2949HS just gave up on me. suddenly the screen went blank. everytime i on my monitor, image appears for 3 seconds and after that, turns blank.
power is still on and visible on monitor.

any advice or anyone doing repairs?

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
my samsung lcd 2949HS just gave up on me. suddenly the screen went blank. everytime i on my monitor, image appears for 3 seconds and after that, turns blank.
power is still on and visible on monitor.

any advice or anyone doing repairs?

2949hs or 2494hs??!

Last few week, just did a 2494hs for a HWZ bro same symptom as yours. Power board (inverter transformer) faulty. If same then its repairable.. if CCFL bulb fault, then like not worth it..

u can pm me if u want to discuss.. :)

jas1701

Master Member
Reaction score
My Acer 20"SQ LCD is when power-on can see the screen and 2-3s later black screen with orange light. Few weeks ago still can ON/OFF a few times before screen appear stable. Now cant do it liao.

Anyone know where is the problem.....or can repair anot.

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
My Acer 20"SQ LCD is when power-on can see the screen and 2-3s later black screen with orange light. Few weeks ago still can ON/OFF a few times before screen appear stable. Now cant do it liao.

Anyone know where is the problem.....or can repair anot.

Need to open up and physical check the power board. I suspect capacitor/s could be faulty.

Maverick_83

Reaction score

Mine's a cosmetic issue, but bloody irritating. The Samsung 193P+ screen has terrible clouding that's very obvious in dark images, never had this problem before - only started developing slowly in the last few months and only noticed when it started becoming a obvious. Any suggestions for a fix?

Last edited:

bearusdamhu

Reaction score
Mine's a cosmetic issue, but bloody irritating. The Samsung 193P+ screen has terrible clouding that's very obvious in dark images, never had this problem before - only started developing slowly in the last few months and only noticed when it started becoming a obvious. Any suggestions for a fix?

This look like a panel problem, bro. I have one lying at home with same problem but of a diff model. Not worth to change panel in my opinion. Unless lucky can get from scrap yard lah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.