Back from South island New Zealand

Timer

Reaction score
Car rental in NZ from Christchurch to Queenstown

looking for reliable car rental from Christchurch to Queenstown, any recommendation ? been looking at Jucy, GoRental, Apex, Budget still unable to decide.

FoOLs

Reaction score
Does Anzed rental do airport pick up n return? If so are there additional cost?

Pick up yes at FOC. But not too sure on return.

I rent their car too. I'm flying to Christchurch on 27 Dec'12.

Last edited:

stephchong

Reaction score
Petrol?

Hi All!

Glad to read all the research provided by all of you here. Im heading to South Island for 14 days tomorrow.

Would like to check how is petrol avalibility there? And anyone knows if we have to pump petrol ourselves or its like in S'pore where someone will help you?

Renting a car from Apex. Hope GPS and all works out so I won't be lost ;p

alpc

Reaction score
14 days... That's about right, I spent 14 days there years back. Drove around the island, it was great. I still missed out on a lot of places! So have to go back there again, some time...

Petrol is available in all towns, and you have to pump it yourself, if I recall correctly. I was there a few years back, so it's scratchy now. Heck, I did not really have to pump a lot anyway despite driving around the entire island...

kakashixx

Reaction score
GPS will be provided when you rent the car right? haha. anyway, do you all just find accommodation while on your way to a destination or do you book beforehand?

tintin

Reaction score
I'm going to NZ South Island in Mar 2013.. Planning to do a farm stay for one day. Anyone did a farmstay before? Any recommendations?

alpc

Reaction score
GPS will be provided when you rent the car right? haha. anyway, do you all just find accommodation while on your way to a destination or do you book beforehand?

GPS is extrac charge, so you have to specify to them you want GPS.

No, I booked all my accommodation, mapped out my destination and locations to go beforehand... It was a pretty hectic 14 days, except for 3 days where I had stayed with my friends.

jojoane

Reaction score
The south is a great place. Christchurch is still being rebuilt, the earthquake was a real shame and tragedy.

I lived there for 2 years.

kakashixx

Reaction score
GPS is extrac charge, so you have to specify to them you want GPS.

No, I booked all my accommodation, mapped out my destination and locations to go beforehand... It was a pretty hectic 14 days, except for 3 days where I had stayed with my friends.

wah, so difficult to all book beforehand..headache =(

ahbui83

Reaction score
Just finished watching The Hobbit movie, the scenery is still so amazing.. Hope i can revisit NZ in next 2 years man...Miss NZ now

socrates

Reaction score
Memories of Queenstown

P1080094_zps03e8df25.jpg

mangomilkshake

Reaction score
I just came back from 14 days Campervan around South Island. Awesome scenery!
Love the experience!
If anyone is choosing to travel by same way and have any questions, feel free to ask.
Vehicle + GPS + cash are all you need to travel around NZ.

alpc

Reaction score
Have not tried Campervan before, so how was it? Don't have to book any accommodation?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.