The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightClick

Reaction score
anyone know of any vitamins or products to take for hair that is very thin?

im only 18years old but i feel like i have quite little hair. hair is very thin and smooth, and i want to grow thicker to add volume to my hair. any idea? i dont use any hair products, only blowdry my hair everyday in the morning.

Men’s Hair Problems: Dealing With Thinning Hair | FashionBeans.com

I recall that there is a supplement called biotin for hair and nails but I am not sure how well it works. By the way, I don't think blow-drying your hair is very good for your hair.

VainKid

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey people, what do you guys call those back comb hair style ?

2012-01-26-09-14-19-1-david-beckham-2012-the-father-of-four-talks-about.jpeg

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This question is for those of you guys who have permed your hair before. My hairstyle is quite similar to Joo Woo's currently, but not as thick.

Usually, how long does it last? After perming, no need to put wax anymore?

vampayne

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have Joico erratic, Redken rough clay 20, Hanz De Fuko sponge wax(strongest product of Hanz).

Out of the three, Joico erratic is the strongest. For my hair, Hanz De Fuko sponge wax's hold is a joke when compared to Joico erratic. However, container of Hanz is nice, therefore I will not throw it into the dustbin. lol

Is there anything stronger than Joico erratic?

Thanks for reading

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone know of any vitamins or products to take for hair that is very thin?

im only 18years old but i feel like i have quite little hair. hair is very thin and smooth, and i want to grow thicker to add volume to my hair. any idea? i dont use any hair products, only blowdry my hair everyday in the morning.

You could try hair tonics? And if possible avoid blowing dry your hair everyday, towel dry, combing that much, best is to hand dry your hair

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
i need help!!
my face is big so what kinda haircut should i get?
last time go twister my stylist cut those shave sides, fringe go up that kind of hair style but don't suit me leh. so now back to those long fringe normal school boy hair style. jin emo

Tried back comb before? :D

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
Any simple to do hairstyle to recommend for a busy guy? :o

Personally I find the back comb hairstyle to be hassle-free. On good days where you have plenty of time you can do a tidy one, else a slight messy one for a touch isn't that bad too!

Else, short hair can't go wrong!

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have Joico erratic, Redken rough clay 20, Hanz De Fuko sponge wax(strongest product of Hanz).

Out of the three, Joico erratic is the strongest. For my hair, Hanz De Fuko sponge wax's hold is a joke when compared to Joico erratic. However, container of Hanz is nice, therefore I will not throw it into the dustbin. lol

Is there anything stronger than Joico erratic?

Thanks for reading

Heard RENATI wax is kinda strong too. You could try applying two times for stronger hold, once and let it take style and then apply again. Can try using hairspray too! If its just hold, joico is the strongest I've used too. But redken 20 gives more flexibility

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
guys! im currently cutting my hair at FLHair at amk by calvin for 2years alr.. im thinking to change stylist.. should i?:s11::s11::s11:

Amk? Have you tried Golden Paris? Located at amk street 32 block 340. They have a branch at roxy square but this is the considered "laid back" branch, just for regular customers! I've had my haircut thr for yearssssss!! Very satisfied with the beckham h&m back comb hairstyle that I js cut there. Can look for hairstylist Esther.
And anyway since its also at amk, and the price is not steep at all for the result. $18. Definitely give it a try. I've recommended some forumers and they liked it

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
ehh help.. i need suggestions. if i (girl) do cornrow braids at the side of my head, will come across as very lian anot?

Nope, ill look v eye catching! Attractive!
Just that will abit stand out, prolly misunderstood as a dancer or something! But most will think its for some occasion or something like that. Imo play around with hairstyles while we can, why not? :D

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am trying to do a slicked back undercut but the products (Redken rough clay 20 & Joico) I am using just cannot hold. They are not strong enough I feel. I guess my hair is very stubborn.

The hair at the top right-hand side kept falling down to the side of the undercut.

The height of my hair was also reducing at the same time. I kept push them to the back & left to make them stand but they kept falling down to the right. Five minutes after leaving house, it was out of shape already.

I did blow-dry my hair before styling but the difference is not much.

Increasing the amount of clay didnt help.

Tried hair spray after styling but the difference is not much and I don't like the wet look.

I prefer a more natural, matt look.

Strongly need your advise (recommend a product, styling tips etc.)

Thank you so much.

I have:
Joico erratic
Redken Rough Clay 20
Gatsby Pink-colour moving rubber (strongest moving rubber)

My Shampoo: Sunsilk (black)
Conditioner: Sunsilk (pink)

I'm using redken 20 and It works for me like a charm! Don't even need to use spray and able to last me the whole day. I'm guessing you àpply it the wrong way, usually its that case instead of the hair product!
Try youtube a video on how to apply! Am outside now on mobilephone hard to paste u a link!

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
hello everybody! pardon my questions because i always go to those $10 hairsalon one...

anybody have experience with northpoint's kimage? i am lookling for a more trendy korean men hairstyle, so im wondering if there are any stylists there that i should look for. should i give the stylist a pic and ask the person to cut or let the stylist decide what is best for my face shape and head structure?

i have very straight and quite thin hair. my sides are quite short, about 2cm, while my top is a good 4-5cm. any recommended korean hairstyles for me? i dont want those long long type and very complicated to style one. i simple and trendy one would do.

lastly, you know now quite popular some guys de back their hair is like one layer overlap the other...not really sure how to say. anybody has an inkling of what im saying? if i want to cut that style how to tell the stylist ah? overlap? undercut? i cant find a decent pic online

Show the stylist the picture and they'll let you know directly copy and paste will suit you anot, because we all have different hair line, and head shape so it'll be slight different.

Yup its undercut & overlap. Should be easy to explain by just saying, it should be kinda common this year. Can try to ask around your friends for recommendation! Can always try afew and then find the best one that you like! Best is you're comfortable with it

mgbymgbymgby

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually its hard to get the ideal hairstyle you want right from the start due to your hair length might not fit the requirements, as some hairstyles require the volume and overlapping. Might need to be after afew visits, the hairstylist will know what way to cut to let the length to build up, some requires different length for particular place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.